FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Airport Lounges (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/airport-lounges-763/)
-   -   Priority Pass owner continues US expansion (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/airport-lounges/1970473-priority-pass-owner-continues-us-expansion.html)

FlyerTalker70 May 20, 2019 1:25 am

Priority Pass owner continues US expansion

Spotted this story on Business Traveller. Looks like Priority Pass will be opening new lounges across 20 airports in the USA including SJC, CHS, BUF and MSY. They also recently opened lounges at LAS and JAX. It's good to see that they're investing in these smaller airports where it is difficult to find any lounge, let alone an airline lounge.

tmiw May 20, 2019 1:47 am

Only 7 new lounges per the article, for a total of 20. Additionally, SJC's will be the second of their lounges at that airport.

BTW, apparently Priority Pass is trialing fast track security/passport control as well, albeit not in the US.

obscure2k May 20, 2019 9:42 am

Moving thread to Airport Lounges Forum
Obscure2K
TravelBuzz Moderator

swag May 21, 2019 1:26 pm

The MSY lounge will open when the airport moves to the new north terminal. That's been delayed a couple of times already, current announced target is "this fall".

Boraxo May 24, 2019 12:50 am

Tremendous, as the secondary airports are where lounges are most needed. Hopefully they will find a better partner than Aspire (not impressed with the RNO and OAK lounges so doesn't bother me they are not part of PP)

fenx May 24, 2019 11:56 am

The old LAS lounge was laughable. It could've been confused for a closet. Even with 3x the size, its probably going to be the size of a standard lounge anywhere else.

The new SJC lounge is going in by gate 8. The signage said opening summer 2019. I made the error last week thinking it was the only lounge at SJC, when it was not.

They lost Phoenix last month. The old lounge is being redeveloped into a Amex Centurion Lounge. I've yet to see any replacement lounge or restaurant announced.

Still hoping for a Not T-5 in ORD and a PHX replacement. And the DEN restaurant partner is usually slammed...good luck getting in a lot of the times.

ucdtim17 May 24, 2019 2:33 pm

OAK needs something, particularly in Terminal 2. I'm surprised a space wasn't identified and a vendor recruited in the current F&B overhaul.

dhammer53 May 24, 2019 9:19 pm

Originally Posted by fenx (Post 31135273)
The old LAS lounge was laughable. It could've been confused for a closet.

But what you didn't say is that the lounge had the best mother hens taking care of their guests. One of them reminded me of the 'famous' Annie at the old UA RCC lounge in SYD.

BuildingMyBento May 25, 2019 8:52 pm

For the US (PP) lounges in general:

1) hire d & co to cater
1a) place panels over food trays, and keep an eye out for nibblers

2) increase ceiling height

3) create a “faraday cage” section for r&r

4) ventilate restrooms

5) offer magazines with a larger reach than just the confines of that particular lounge

DrivingRain May 26, 2019 7:38 am

Originally Posted by Boraxo (Post 31133671)
Tremendous, as the secondary airports are where lounges are most needed. Hopefully they will find a better partner than Aspire (not impressed with the RNO and OAK lounges so doesn't bother me they are not part of PP)

If you dont like the RNO lounge, then you probably wont like these lounges. I'd go to OAK and RNO for their coffee and fresh cookie & milk bar alone (everything else is a bonus). PP branded lounges are bottom of the barrel unless you get a little lucky and show up when they're servicing an international flight. Then you can usually piggy-back on that airline's dime and get some reasonable food. Otherwise it is straight from the Costco snack carb-filled snack aisle, veggies in melting ice, and some of the worst coffee known to man.

Points Scrounger May 26, 2019 8:05 am

Milk bar?

mia May 26, 2019 9:20 am

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger (Post 31139883)
Milk bar?

I believe it is the Cookie Station mentioned here:

https://www.escapelounges.com/images...d-menu-rno.pdf