Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Airport Lounges
Reload this Page >

Priority Pass owner continues US expansion

Old May 20, 19, 1:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: United Gold, BA Exec Club, Via Rail

Spotted this story on Business Traveller. Looks like Priority Pass will be opening new lounges across 20 airports in the USA including SJC, CHS, BUF and MSY. They also recently opened lounges at LAS and JAX. It's good to see that they're investing in these smaller airports where it is difficult to find any lounge, let alone an airline lounge.
Old May 20, 19, 1:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Gold
Only 7 new lounges per the article, for a total of 20. Additionally, SJC's will be the second of their lounges at that airport.

BTW, apparently Priority Pass is trialing fast track security/passport control as well, albeit not in the US.
Old May 20, 19, 9:42 am
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Moving thread to Airport Lounges Forum
Obscure2K
TravelBuzz Moderator
Old May 21, 19, 1:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
The MSY lounge will open when the airport moves to the new north terminal. That's been delayed a couple of times already, current announced target is "this fall".
Old May 24, 19, 12:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat & 1MM, Marriott LT Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Explorist & IHG Plat Amb
Tremendous, as the secondary airports are where lounges are most needed. Hopefully they will find a better partner than Aspire (not impressed with the RNO and OAK lounges so doesn't bother me they are not part of PP)
Old May 24, 19, 11:56 am

Programs: AA Peon, Marriott, Credit Card WN Elite
The old LAS lounge was laughable. It could've been confused for a closet. Even with 3x the size, its probably going to be the size of a standard lounge anywhere else.

The new SJC lounge is going in by gate 8. The signage said opening summer 2019. I made the error last week thinking it was the only lounge at SJC, when it was not.

They lost Phoenix last month. The old lounge is being redeveloped into a Amex Centurion Lounge. I've yet to see any replacement lounge or restaurant announced.

Still hoping for a Not T-5 in ORD and a PHX replacement. And the DEN restaurant partner is usually slammed...good luck getting in a lot of the times.
Old May 24, 19, 2:33 pm

OAK needs something, particularly in Terminal 2. I'm surprised a space wasn't identified and a vendor recruited in the current F&B overhaul.
Old May 24, 19, 9:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Originally Posted by fenx View Post
The old LAS lounge was laughable. It could've been confused for a closet.
But what you didn't say is that the lounge had the best mother hens taking care of their guests. One of them reminded me of the 'famous' Annie at the old UA RCC lounge in SYD.
Old May 25, 19, 8:52 pm
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks

Programs: Metro-North Rubbish, Keisei Skinflint, KCR Headphones, Kopaja Platinum
For the US (PP) lounges in general:

1) hire d & co to cater
1a) place panels over food trays, and keep an eye out for nibblers

2) increase ceiling height

3) create a “faraday cage” section for r&r

4) ventilate restrooms

5) offer magazines with a larger reach than just the confines of that particular lounge
Old May 26, 19, 7:38 am

Programs: AA2, DL2, Amtrak2, US2, SPG1, MAR2
Originally Posted by Boraxo View Post
Tremendous, as the secondary airports are where lounges are most needed. Hopefully they will find a better partner than Aspire (not impressed with the RNO and OAK lounges so doesn't bother me they are not part of PP)
If you dont like the RNO lounge, then you probably wont like these lounges. I'd go to OAK and RNO for their coffee and fresh cookie & milk bar alone (everything else is a bonus). PP branded lounges are bottom of the barrel unless you get a little lucky and show up when they're servicing an international flight. Then you can usually piggy-back on that airline's dime and get some reasonable food. Otherwise it is straight from the Costco snack carb-filled snack aisle, veggies in melting ice, and some of the worst coffee known to man.
Old May 26, 19, 8:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Milk bar?
Old May 26, 19, 9:20 am
mia
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Moderator: American Express, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; HH Gold
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger View Post
Milk bar?
I believe it is the Cookie Station mentioned here:

https://www.escapelounges.com/images...d-menu-rno.pdf

Search this Thread