Reload this Page >

San Francisco (SFO) - Priority Pass lounges and options

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 13, 2024, 4:14 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Lounges (available to all Priority Pass memberships)

China Airlines lounge: Concourse A, after security, turn left and take the lift to Level 4
The Club at SFO: Terminal 1, near gate B3 (not open)
Golden Gate lounge: Concourse A, after security, turn left and take the lift to Level 4
Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse: Concourse A, after security, turn left and take the lift to Level 5

Restaurants (not available to Priority Pass memberships provided with A) any American Express account or B) most Capital One accounts.)

Lark Creek Grill: Terminal 2, past security, on the right
Mustard Bar & Grill: Concourse G , near gate G3
SF Giants Clubhouse: Terminal 3, near gate F13
Yankee Pier: Terminal 3, near gate F4

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2018, 9:30 pm

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Finally had a chance to try both San Francisco Giants Clubhouse and Yankee Pier today.
  • Both locations have Priority Pass card on display at reception area
  • Neither place requires a boarding pass
  • $28/person credit covers everything (meal, tax, EE Benefit surcharge) except tip
I had lunch at SF Giants Clubhouse. They will swipe your physical card or scan your virtual card at reception area. A slip is printed and placed at your table. I ordered a steak sandwich which was very tasty. Service was average, nothing like other poor reviews. If you sit close to bar, you feel like a real restaurant, not an airport restaurant.

Since I was not that hungry when I returned to SFO in the late afternoon. I ordered a take out at bar and she swiped my physical Priority Pass card. Gave her a $2 tip for her time.

Definitely worth a try when you are in terminal 3.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 11:23 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat
PP in general is basically a supplement for Amex Plat imo. The most value I got out of PP was while traveling internationally, while domestically I just use Centurion lounge or SkyClub. But I haven't been to any of the restaurants yet. The list of all the current restaurants barely overlap with DL hubs, which is a shame but probably on purpose.

Looking forward to trying both the Clubhouse and Pier next time I go to SFO.
Old Dec 15, 2018, 12:54 am

Programs: DL , AC, BA, Hhonors Diamond, IH Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist

Somebody mentioned in another thread that there ought to be separate threads on the PP lounges/restaurants dedicated to the different airports (if there weren't already). With the expansion into multiple restaurants, this makes sense. So I'll start here, and see if it catches on.

Terminal 3--Yankee Pier
No problem using it for breakfast after arrival. They mostly just have variations on scrambled eggs at that time of day, however. Fairly busy, but at least I wasn't turned away like I am at a lot of the lounges. They just treated my PP card like a credit card, but no receipt. I just left the tip.
worldwidedreamer likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 7:49 pm

Originally Posted by ScrewTheAverage
YMMV, but we've flown domestically out of SFO a few times over the last six month and have never been denied entering Concourse A (where the KLM lounge is) once we explained to the TSA agent our reason. Also, we've never been turned back at the lounge (every time we've visited has been before noon, even on the weekends).
Did you fly out from terminals other than international terminal? I have an upcoming trip that departs from terminal 1 with Delta. I was wondering if it's feasible to stop by PP lounge if I have time.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 3:12 pm

2 priority pass during 1 visit?

I have a question regarding the benefits at the 2 restaurants. I have a family of 4 (2 adults 2 kids), with the adults having a PP acct each.

I understand that each restaurant limits a $28 x 2 credit for each PP. But can a family of 4 charge 2 diff PP accts and get 2 different tabs sitting as a group? Or I guess worse case scenario the family splits up and takes 2 tables? I was thinking of stopping by the Yankee Pier with the family before the trip.

I don't remember reading about how a family of 4 was able to take advantage of the restaurant credit via 2 diff PP cards.

Thanks!

Last edited by oonchie; Jan 9, 2019 at 5:46 pm
Old Jan 14, 2019, 5:09 pm

Programs: Costco Executive Member, Amazon Optimus Prime
Originally Posted by oonchie
I have a question regarding the benefits at the 2 restaurants. I have a family of 4 (2 adults 2 kids), with the adults having a PP acct each.

I understand that each restaurant limits a $28 x 2 credit for each PP. But can a family of 4 charge 2 diff PP accts and get 2 different tabs sitting as a group? Or I guess worse case scenario the family splits up and takes 2 tables? I was thinking of stopping by the Yankee Pier with the family before the trip.

I don't remember reading about how a family of 4 was able to take advantage of the restaurant credit via 2 diff PP cards.

Thanks!
Yes we do this. Basically upon checkin give the PP cards to host/server. We got a $120 credit for our last PP rest visit with two adults two kids and 2 separate PP accounts

Awesome, and unsustainable I suspect.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 11:22 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Mod note: I've merged some threads here, and put it under a new name, hopefully to make it easier to find. And further SFO reports most welcome as ever.

CWS/mod
Old Jan 19, 2019, 6:29 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Originally Posted by akr1970akr
Awesome, and unsustainable I suspect.
I agree. Imagine how much usage some road warriors are putting on the free PP card with their Amex Plat. Sure, there’s an offset with those who never or hardly ever use PP, but my guess is that you’re right that this is unsustainable.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 8:15 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Breakfast at Yankee Pier just inside the UA checkpoint (all meat scramble minus the ham which they were out of). Bill came to $26.30 with juice and tea.

Kalboz likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 8:19 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Two different breakfast visits at the Giants Clubhouse. Was not presented with a bill but probably came out to around $25-26 with tax for each meal. I'm not a UA flyer but TSA precheck makes it easy to come over to this side before my Alaska Airlines departure.

Kalboz likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 7:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Last August I was at SFO in the early afternoon waiting on a Mint flight to BOS. My brother and I were turned away on our PP cards by the AF/KL Lounge but we were sent upstairs to the China Airlines Lounge which was empty and actually pretty decent.
akr1970akr likes this.

Last edited by CMK10; Feb 5, 2019 at 7:46 am Reason: Wrong airline
Old Jan 24, 2019, 7:41 pm

Originally Posted by CMK10
Last August I was at SFO in the early afternoon waiting on a Mint flight to BOS. My brother and I were turned away on our PP cards by the AF/KL Lounge but we were sent upstairs to the Air China Lounge which was empty and actually pretty decent.
Did the Air China people actually run the Priority Pass number in some way? They are not in the Priority Pass directory.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 6:43 am

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by BigFlyer
Did the Air China people actually run the Priority Pass number in some way? They are not in the Priority Pass directory.
I don't remember. They obviously verified our credentials somehow and they must have a deal with AF/KL when things are busy because they didn't seem surprised or suspicious by our arrival.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 3:01 pm

Programs: Costco Executive Member, Amazon Optimus Prime
Wow. That's interesting. I wonder if that's actually for PP, or really for AF/KLM J / F class overflow.

Thanks for that
Old Feb 2, 2019, 5:10 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by CMK10
....Air China Lounge which was empty and actually pretty decent.
Air China -or- China Airlines? The airport website does not mention an Air China lounge. China Airlines is a Skyteam member, and they may have outsourced the lounge operation to the same contractor as Air France and KLM.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.