Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HKG lounges late at night

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2018, 8:48 am
Original Poster

HKG lounges late at night

I have an upcoming 12:40AM flight from HKG to HND on ANA and was wondering what lounges would be good at that hour. I have Star Alliance Gold and Priority Pass.
When I flew in September, the restroom in the Singapore Airlines lounge was being renovated so if that's not done, I was thinking about visiting a Plaza Premium Lounge. Which lounge would be best if I want to have a meal before my flight?
Old Nov 24, 2018, 6:47 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Plaza Premium First recently opened in HKG, and it is supposedly the best of the Plaza Premiums in HKG. In terms of the *A lounges I think the United Club is better than the Thai lounge, but bear in mind that it is only open until 23:59
Old Nov 24, 2018, 9:43 am

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
The SQ bathroom was still going on beginning of this month and the lounge, while large, can get a little claustrophobic. TG had more variety when it comes to food & drink selection but felt more like I was in an airport restaurant than a lounge. UA's club is relatively quite nice and if you wanted to take a shower before your flight it's a good option too.
Old Nov 24, 2018, 9:57 am

HKG in my opinion - on *G especially - is crying for lounge hoping. Every lounge got something the others don’t. SQ got Champagne, a bar, and some eat to order items. Buffet can be soso. But crowded and no „air“. UA got the best showers. Good beer choices (yes! A US American lounge wins on beers lol) and sometimes surprisingly good food options. Usually rather empty.

Thai wins on some Thai-style food options, ice cream (sorry SQ but your offer is way too mainstream) and being the most open air lounge (UA also is fine)

if you fly CA (one of the major *A carriers from HKG) their lounge wins on being by far being the best option for a nap due to it being one level down and no airport noise being there, plus comfy napping chairs. Food is mediocre though.
Old Nov 24, 2018, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
If you have an Amex Platinum card the Centurion Lounge might be a decent option. It wasn't at all crowded when I was there at a similar time this summer and the bar and shower are nice. Food was a bit underwhelming but the whole ambiance was better, vs the Plaza Premium lounge across the way which was packed to the gills with people.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.