Zurich Priority Pass Lounges

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2018, 11:07 am
Original Poster

Some pics of Primeclass lounge Zurich from the web

Old May 21, 2018, 12:09 pm

Programs: United, Hilton, Chase
Hi New here

Connecting in Zurich from Boston and continuing on to Venice. I have priority pass through Chase sapphire. Will I have access to Primeclass lounge or any lounge with a shower? I am confused by the priority pass descriptors. Thanks!
Old May 21, 2018, 12:47 pm
Suspended

Programs: M&S, Radisson
Due to the LX lounges being closed for renovations, I've had the chance to try out the PP lounges in A.

I do think Dnata is a bit better than Aspire. Slightly more comfortable seating, slightly less crowded. Take this with a grain of salt. I have visited both lounges maybe 3-4 times each so my experiences might not be representative.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 12:52 am

Programs: AS, FB, MB, MR, HH
Sorry to bump this thread again.

I've got an upcoming connection in ZRH, E to D gates. Will I be able to access lounges in E or will I only have access to the Swiss Business Lounge in D?
Old Jun 18, 2018, 1:51 am

Programs: AS, FB, MB, MR, HH
Originally Posted by majik
Sorry to bump this thread again.

I've got an upcoming connection in ZRH, E to D gates. Will I be able to access lounges in E or will I only have access to the Swiss Business Lounge in D?
Answered my own question the other day. All lounges in E accessible to pax transiting E to D. Primeclass lounge was very good, could have sat outside on the viewing deck all day. Swiss Business D lounge was busy and very warm, left after 5 minutes.
Old Jul 11, 2018, 7:00 am
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
There are 2 pp lounges in the E gate area (intl dep). The Prime Class is not for AA pax. I'm both an AA "elite" flyer and in PP. I used the new PC lounge on July 9: (1)not crowded (=sparsely occupied), (2)at 10 am breakfast items, (3)toilets in lounge, (4)both lounges have terraces--nice for plane watching*, a nice lounge.^
*ZRH airport (4 years ago) allowed pax (for a small fee) to use an observation deck--it was the terrace area for the 2 pp lounges; now they use a special area in B.
Old Jul 26, 2018, 1:33 pm

Zurich airport Terminal-E lounges

Hi,
I was reading all the posts about Zurich airport lounges because I will be landing there in a few days from New York (terminal E area)
My question concerns whether I am able to, or allowed to, access one of those Priority Pass lounges (with my membership card) directly after landing? I would like to freshen up before boarding the train and maybe grab a coffee.
is this permissible? Would I then have difficulty accessing the Immigration boiths for passport control? I don't know if they are staffed continuously.
i will not have any checked luggage.
Thank you in advance for any advice that can be given to me.
Old Jul 28, 2018, 7:34 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
At aiports like ZRH the expectation is that on entering the lounge you will present your PP card and a boarding pass for a departure from the airport. Some airports have landside lounges (e.g. LHR) but ZRH isn't in this category. Now when arriving from outside Schengen I think your route out doesn't pass by a lounge anyway, but even if you arrived on a Schengen flight I don't believe you can use the lounge as an arrival facility.
Old Jul 28, 2018, 10:29 am

Thank you so much for answering!
i had thought that might be the case, but I seem to have read more than a few blogs where folks say that they have gotten into certain specific lounges, such as at arrivals at AMS from NYC flights. Maybe it was just the luck of the day that it happened!
Old Aug 28, 2018, 10:34 am

I'll second the Primeclass lounge as well. Was there back in May and loved it. The food is nothing to write home about, but the space, showers, and terrace were top notch. Probably one of my favorite lounges I've been to, thanks to the terrace and the lack of people.
Old Sep 30, 2018, 6:25 am

Here in the prime class lounge now. Very nice compared to some of the other priority pass lounges I've been to in terms of interior design and ambience - nothing special for the food quality but it's not lacking in variety at least. The primeclass lounge in frankfurt and this one have been my first experiences with primeclass and I have to say they've been much better than most (priority pass lounges) I've gone to in the past (singapore, bali, narita, honolulu, hong kong, athens, munich). Shower was good and agreed that the outside viewing deck is a nice place to chill.

Glad i found this one first before the aspire

Edit: just recalled the first primeclass lounge i went to was in istanbul. Definitely to the same standard as FRA and ZRH. I recalled i moved to the hsbc lounge instead in IST after 1 minute in the primeclass lounge there

Last edited by goodtasting; Sep 30, 2018 at 7:32 am
Old Oct 8, 2018, 9:32 am

Programs: Priority pass
I will be arriving at ZRH from San Francisco, and transferring to a Swiss Air flight to Athens. Will I be able to use the Priority Pass lounges in terminal E, since I am arriving from a non-Schenegen country? Alternatively, will I have to go through passport control right after I arrive? If that is the case, which Priority Pass lounge would you recommend?
Old Jan 25, 2019, 9:20 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1K, Delta Plat
3 hour limit?

Hi, I have a longish layover in ZRH (close to 6 hours) terminal E. Based on the review, it seems Primeclass lounge is better than aspire, but the website lists a 3 hour limit for Primeclass lounge, and nothing such for Aspire. Does anyone have experience if this 3 hour limit is enforced?
Old Jan 27, 2019, 2:06 am
Suspended

Recently, I was allowed entry about 4 1/2 hours prior to the boarding time printed on my BP. I just wanted to check out that lounge so I left after about 20 min, moving on the the SEN E. But I doubt they would have tracked me down and thrown me out after 3 hours had I stayed.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 10:49 pm

I have exactly the same question, except I will be transitting from SFO -> Zurich -> Rome. Will passing through passport control in terminal E drop me into the general area of terminal E to visit this lounge? Thank you in advance!

Originally Posted by jellybeansf
I will be arriving at ZRH from San Francisco, and transferring to a Swiss Air flight to Athens. Will I be able to use the Priority Pass lounges in terminal E, since I am arriving from a non-Schenegen country? Alternatively, will I have to go through passport control right after I arrive? If that is the case, which Priority Pass lounge would you recommend?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.