Wiki Posts
Search

Priority Pass Question [Dining at multiple restaurants]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2018, 9:59 am
Original Poster

Priority Pass Question [Dining at multiple restaurants]

Hey FT peeps,
As most know, PP now offers bill credit at certain restaurants.And sometimes don't require a boarding pass. My question is, can you visit multiple restaurants in the same terminal on the same day to try different food?

TIA

Edit: Mods, if this is the wrong forum,Apologies. please move this to the correct home.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 10:22 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, DL Plat
There seems to be anecdotal evidence that yes, you can:
https://thepointsguy.com/guide/prior...-portland-pdx/

That being said, I'd do this sooner rather than later!! PP has a history of cranking down on benefits like this when they're "over used", and since this restaurant perk would be a direct cost to them rather than a bulk lounge deal, I suspect that if too many people start doing this, that benefit will start getting charged through to your linked credit card beyond $28/day, as that benefit is "clarified"!
Old Apr 4, 2018, 2:01 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
{Mod Hat Off]

I have used the lounge benefit in both locations of Capers in PDX.

[/Mod Hat On]

Please follow the redirect as we relocate your query.

~beckoa, co-moderator Information Desk
Old Apr 4, 2018, 4:42 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Clearly the restaurants won't care, so long as they get paid by Priority Pass, and from a timelag point of view I can't see how this could be stopped at the time. From Priority Pass' point of view then it would seem to me to be like visiting multiple lounges on one day, and there is certainly no problem with that. If it was taken to extremes then at some point there is a risk of being asked to take your business elsewhere, but I can't see that if it's a bit of a one-off.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 7:55 am

You should be able to. The one I go to requires you to show your PP card and scan it when you sit down. So you'll at least have your answer prior to ordering anything.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 8:32 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Clearly the restaurants won't care, so long as they get paid by Priority Pass, and from a timelag point of view I can't see how this could be stopped at the time. From Priority Pass' point of view then it would seem to me to be like visiting multiple lounges on one day, and there is certainly no problem with that. If it was taken to extremes then at some point there is a risk of being asked to take your business elsewhere, but I can't see that if it's a bit of a one-off.
Thank you all. Exactly, my only concern was the restaurants wouldn't care as long as the PP was valid. And then, a few days later, your linked CC gets slapped for the additional visits.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 12:45 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
This is not directed at the OP but I hope people will remember that just because you can do something, doesn't mean that you should do something. The restaurant benefit is a nice one, I'd hate for it to go away because people were not using it as it was designed.
T2A likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 4:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
I do this at PDX. There is a restaurant, 2 cart-style markets and a whiskey store that take it. I use it at all of them each time I'm there without issue.

Just be careful that you don't accidentally bring a PP that only gives you 4 uses a year and then charges $27 each time rather than your unlimited one or you'll end up paying more than you got in value. I know this from experience.
kennycrudup likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 4:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by CMK10
This is not directed at the OP but I hope people will remember that just because you can do something, doesn't mean that you should do something. The restaurant benefit is a nice one, I'd hate for it to go away because people were not using it as it was designed.
This has happened; well, it didn't go away, but was modified. You used to be able to get wine bottles that happened to be conveniently priced at $27 at the capers market. It made it on to a certain well-known travel blog, and after that PP made a rule that it couldn't be used to purchase alcohol. C'est la vi.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 7:33 am

I have not done back to back swipes, but have used two in the same day. Had a morning flight into Sydney- ate breakfast at the PP restaurant after clearing customs in the ticketing lobby, went into Sydney for the day, and then had dinner in the domestic terminal at another before a late night flight on the same day.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 10:53 pm

Programs: UA & IHG Plat, SWAlist, Frontier 100k, Marriott Titan, IHG-Hilton-Hyatt-Wynd Gold, Nat EE, Hertz PC
You can do it. The only limits are that you can only do it once per day (day is questionable, same day, next day, 24hr day), anyhow, the rules only cover multiple visits to the same location, not multiple visits to multiple locations. Have fun!

Patrick
Old Apr 6, 2018, 11:35 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BlueEngineer
I have not done back to back swipes, but have used two in the same day. Had a morning flight into Sydney- ate breakfast at the PP restaurant after clearing customs in the ticketing lobby, went into Sydney for the day, and then had dinner in the domestic terminal at another before a late night flight on the same day.
My situation is similar. I wonder what the rule is if you swipe it day 1(dinner) and swipe it again day 2(lunch) - in short, I want to eat dinner before I leave for my hotel and lunch the next day at the same restaurant before heading out. How long does it have to be between swipes? 24 hours?
Old Apr 6, 2018, 11:38 am
Original Poster

Thank you all again. I'm just trying to better understand a product I have access to. And yes, like most, I itemize my taxes when I can too.
Old Apr 6, 2018, 11:40 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by seigex
I do this at PDX. There is a restaurant, 2 cart-style markets and a whiskey store that take it. I use it at all of them each time I'm there without issue.

Just be careful that you don't accidentally bring a PP that only gives you 4 uses a year and then charges $27 each time rather than your unlimited one or you'll end up paying more than you got in value. I know this from experience.
Interesting point. Does Amex plat PP select have that 4 times/yr limit?
Old Apr 6, 2018, 12:09 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by krisk17
... Amex plat PP select have that 4 times/yr limit?
No.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.