Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air India LHR-EWR reliability?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2009, 6:01 am
Original Poster

Air India LHR-EWR reliability?

Hi, I need to fly AI on LHRL-EWR route in a few weeks time, scheduled touch down is 15:45. I'd like to get some feedback on their reliability/punctuality. I don't mind being late a couple of hours, but cancellation would be pretty fatal as I have an appointment I can't afford to miss the following morning. Does the flight originate in LHR or subject to incoming connection delays?

TIA.
Old Jan 21, 2009, 6:46 am

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emerald) & Jet Airways - Thank goodness i never got started.......most awful FF program
Originally Posted by W9London
Hi, I need to fly AI on LHRL-EWR route in a few weeks time, scheduled touch down is 15:45. I'd like to get some feedback on their reliability/punctuality. I don't mind being late a couple of hours, but cancellation would be pretty fatal as I have an appointment I can't afford to miss the following morning. Does the flight originate in LHR or subject to incoming connection delays?

TIA.
Its a 747 which i believe comes from BOM (feel free to correct me if i am wrong), It also has a lot of feed from other indian cities in BOM so delays are possible.

It used to be a 77W flying to JFK and that seemed pretty reliable.

I think someone else mentioned it on a previous post somewhere:

AI is like two airlines at the moment

1) The 77Ls, 77Ws are new, have good service and are reliable. These is the image Air India wants to project.

2) The 747s, A310 are old, pretty tatty and service is so so. These are the images Air India is trying to shake off!

anyway, enjoy the food!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.