Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Air India Domestic Flights -- Issues with Overnight Connection Leaving India?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2008, 12:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT

I am booked on AI 142 DEL-BOM, which I think is a continuation of a flight from Paris. I then have a 20 hours layover (intentionally) and continue the next day on another Air India international flight. I am having trouble finding info on the Air India web site, but is this correct (I have gleaned this from other posts here):

* The flight leaves from the international terminal at DEL and arrives at the international terminal in BOM.

* I clear customs in DEL and then I enter the country again (customs, immigration) in BOM. This will not raise any eyebrows.

Anything else to look out for?

Thanks.

VF
Old Dec 29, 2008, 3:54 pm

1. yes, you will depart DEL from the Int'l terminal and arrive at the Int'l
terminal in BOM

2. you "clear" customs by submitting a domestic flight segment customs form
but there won't the be any immigration check for DEL-BOM

3. there won't be any immigration/custom in BOM for domestic pax (make
sure you keep your boarding pass stating D for domestic)
Old Jan 19, 2009, 6:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT
Thanks, AMR747. This is exactly what happened, all pretty straightforward. The one detail I can add is that it was impossible to check my bag through because of the overnight in Mumbai.

VF

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.