Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Enjoy Iberia Status Match

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2017, 6:12 pm

Do I sign up for Iberia plus before I request the status match? Do I put that number where it asks for the iberia plus number? Can someone refer me so we can both get the 1000 avios bonus?
Thanks
Old Nov 15, 2017, 7:25 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, AB Gold, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Hi All: I initially applied without creating an IB+ account given that it was only for newly created accounts and thought by creating one I would disqualify myself. Long story short is I did not hear anything for a few weeks, so created an account and sent a kind follow-up email with it. Good news is the match did finally come through on the account I created, although it did still take some time. If you did not create an account initially, I suggest you do so and send the request back in as a very nice follow-up. Also, I placed my new IB number where it asked for the IB number on the application, and simply placed my referral’s IB number in brackets next to his name where it asked for who had referred you. Good news is I have not heard of anyone’s match not being processed if legitimate and and truly a new account, but it is just taking some time to process them all, so patience is key here for sure. Hope that helps.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 11:53 pm

Programs: AC35K, AS MVP, WS Gold, ITA EP, Marriott Plat, Hyatt-Explorist, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by zendzero2
Hi All: I initially applied without creating an IB+ account given that it was only for newly created accounts and thought by creating one I would disqualify myself. Long story short is I did not hear anything for a few weeks, so created an account and sent a kind follow-up email with it. Good news is the match did finally come through on the account I created, although it did still take some time. If you did not create an account initially, I suggest you do so and send the request back in as a very nice follow-up. Also, I placed my new IB number where it asked for the IB number on the application, and simply placed my referral’s IB number in brackets next to his name where it asked for who had referred you. Good news is I have not heard of anyone’s match not being processed if legitimate and and truly a new account, but it is just taking some time to process them all, so patience is key here for sure. Hope that helps.
Do you mind explaining this? Did you submit a new form and there is only one section where you can put the name and the IB #, I put my friend's number in the previous form that I sent. Thank you for the update.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 3:21 am

Originally Posted by Jma12
Do you mind explaining this? Did you submit a new form and there is only one section where you can put the name and the IB #, I put my friend's number in the previous form that I sent. Thank you for the update.
I hadn't heard anything at at the initial sign up didn't have an IB plus number, nor a member for referral. I created a new account and sent a polite email, email confirming status received the next day. I think the t and c's were a little ambiguous from the start. I almost got the impression that as I didn't have an IB plus account at the point of initial email, the status match request had been ignored.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 6:01 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold, AB Gold, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Jma12
Sure, where it asked for the name the person referring, I of course supplied their name and placed their IB+ number next to their name in [brackets], where it asked for an IB # I inserted my new number #, and yes I reattached everything again to the email, including the form and the photo proof of my card. I also notated in the email I opened an account and supplied my new account number there as well.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 1:22 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, Etihad Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Bunter
I hadn't heard anything at at the initial sign up didn't have an IB plus number, nor a member for referral. I created a new account and sent a polite email, email confirming status received the next day. I think the t and c's were a little ambiguous from the start. I almost got the impression that as I didn't have an IB plus account at the point of initial email, the status match request had been ignored.
Yes finally! Just in time too as I fly this Saturday. And I think it was doing what you said that did the trick. I sent my email application on October 17th - heard nothing except that 1 email saying my application had been received. Sent a reminder a week ago - nothing. This morning I opened an account, sent them my #, and just got the match a few minutes ago, 12 hours later. So if it was doing what you said, then thanks a lot! And good for others who have been waiting to try this as well.

Also my first emails I sent in Spanish and the one today in English, so also can't rule out that as the reason, since maybe the English team is more active than the Spanish one. Or of course maybe they finally got tired of my emails.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 4:35 pm

Programs: AC35K, AS MVP, WS Gold, ITA EP, Marriott Plat, Hyatt-Explorist, IHG Diamond
Thank you! I just created a new account and sent a follow up email. I will see how it goes
Old Nov 17, 2017, 12:19 am

Originally Posted by zendzero2
Hi All, Please make sure you don't follow that. By creating a new account by yourself before applying you are likely to lose the eligibility of status match. IBP has been denying requests since the launching where user has his own IBP number created because this campaign is designed for "new customers" only and that's defined by sole discreation of IBP.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 2:56 am

I got matched yesterday.
They did create the account for me!

Only one questions, email says:
Your Iberia Plus card level is Gold up to April 2019.

Online it says:

Maintain your Oro card

To maintain your gold card you need to collect 2,250 Elite Points or 50 Flights before 31/03/2018

I guess the online information is wrong?
Old Nov 17, 2017, 5:30 am

The response I got -
Concerning your registration in our Iberia Plus Programme. We inform you that we have proceeded as showed below:

Your Iberia Plus card level is.GOLD up to April 2019.

The welcome Avios will arrive by December in your personal account as well as the person who recommended you the program.

We inform you that any communication must be sent in Spanish or English.

We remind you that in www.iberia.com you will find all the information related to the Programme: card benefits, special offers¿

Your assistance allows us to improve our service. We hope we continue to enjoy your trust.

Iberia Plus Customer Service
Old Nov 17, 2017, 8:58 am

Programs: TK Elite, QR Gold
Originally Posted by Bunter
The response I got -
Concerning your registration in our Iberia Plus Programme. We inform you that we have proceeded as showed below:

Your Iberia Plus card level is.GOLD up to April 2019.

The welcome Avios will arrive by December in your personal account as well as the person who recommended you the program.

We inform you that any communication must be sent in Spanish or English.

We remind you that in www.iberia.com you will find all the information related to the Programme: card benefits, special offers¿

Your assistance allows us to improve our service. We hope we continue to enjoy your trust.

Iberia Plus Customer Service
Its more than a month now, and still waiting for my match.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 3:11 pm

No good news even after I created a new account and follow up. I guess I will be the unlucky one here...
Old Nov 22, 2017, 5:48 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
I helped with three matches. The matches were approved within a week of each other and the cards all came today in the mail. Very nice looking Card with a nice raised ORO on it ��
Old Nov 23, 2017, 5:37 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, oneworld Emerald
Originally Posted by irishguy28
If you're a German resident, and not already a BAEC member
You can be existing BAEC member: https://www.britishairways.com/en-de...er-match-offer

Exisiting Excutive Club Members
To take advantage of this offer send us an email at [email protected] with your Executive Club Membership details and attach evidence of your airberlin topbonus tier status by the 30 November.
Old Nov 23, 2017, 5:43 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, oneworld Emerald
Originally Posted by kauppias
I helped with three matches. The matches were approved within a week of each other and the cards all came today in the mail. Very nice looking Card with a nice raised ORO on it
Helped by referring? I'm interested to match my topbonus Gold. Initially got denied because already had Iberia account and their T&C had been a complete mess.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.