Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How to (re)qualify for Platinum

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2012, 3:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: M&M SEN (*A Gold), FB Platinum (ST E+), M&S Elite (*A Gold), Finnair Plus Platinum (OW Emerald)
How to (re)qualify for Platinum

Hi folks,

What will be
* the cheapest way
* and the easiest way

to achieve and requalify for platinum.

This two questions shall be discussed in this thread.

I think to get platinum for at least 4 month is the MA dunaclub matching possibility the easiest way.

The cheapest way will possible be economy flights with EY (ex Europe - KUL/CGK), because they always give 100% Miles.

Any further suggestions?

ng mib1
Old Mar 20, 2012, 3:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: M&M SEN (*A Gold), FB Platinum (ST E+), M&S Elite (*A Gold), Finnair Plus Platinum (OW Emerald)
reserved for a summary in future
Old Mar 26, 2012, 12:08 pm

Programs: LH SEN, BA Gold, AF Plat, Velocity Plat, IHG RA, HHonors DIA, EC Priv Elite, Hertz Pres Circle ...
Originally Posted by mib1
I think to get platinum for at least 4 month is the MA dunaclub matching possibility the easiest way.
AFAIK AB will only match to their TB gold tier - even if you hold platinum with MA (or any other FFP).
Old Mar 26, 2012, 1:25 pm
Original Poster

Yes I know this is what their website say also. I wrote also a guy from the AB customer service, which told me that they will only match until gold.

I wrote to him, that on oneworld website (http://www.oneworld.com/news-informa...=28487&print=1) stands following:
...Malév Duna Club Platinum cardholders are being offered Platinum membership of Finnair Plus, Japan Airlines JAL Mileage Bank (JMB) Diamond or the equivalent tier in airberlin's topbonus scheme, enabling them to retain their top level Emerald status in one world....
That should mean that Emerald will be matched with Emerald.

I'll keep you informed when I get an answer from customer service.

ng
Old Mar 26, 2012, 1:27 pm

Programs: LH SEN, BA Gold, AF Plat, Velocity Plat, IHG RA, HHonors DIA, EC Priv Elite, Hertz Pres Circle ...
One of the users of vielfliegertreff.de tried it and did not succeed. Nevertheless, I keep my fingers crossed for you! ^
Old Apr 10, 2012, 5:47 am

Yes I know this is what their website say also. I wrote also a guy from the AB customer service, which told me that they will only match until gold.

I wrote to him, that on oneworld website (http://www.oneworld.com/news-informa...=28487&print=1) stands following:

That should mean that Emerald will be matched with Emerald.

I'll keep you informed when I get an answer from customer service.

ng
They won't budge it looks like OW went rogue on this announcement as they have corrected the website page on the OW to excluded OW E from AB status matches as a possibility. They have handled this whole thing pretty terrible - both AB and OW as they just keep blaming each other for the mistake which is so childish.
Old Apr 18, 2012, 2:38 am
Original Poster

The response of the customer service in German telling that they corrected the website statement, but will match MA Platinum to AB Gold:
vielen Dank für Ihre Rückmeldung.

Auf der oneworld-Seite hatte sich leider ein Fehler seitens der Redaktion eingeschlichen, der in der Zwischenzeit korrigiert wurde. Wir bitten diese Verwirrung zu entschuldigen.

Der Status-Match für die topbonus Platinum Card ist grundsätzlich nicht möglich. Auf Wunsch können wir Ihnen jedoch den Statusmatch mit der topbonus Gold Card anbieten, mit der Sie ebenfalls zahlreiche Vorteile auf Ihren Flügen mit airberlin und den oneworld Airlinepartnern genießen. Und wenn Sie innerhalb von 12 Monaten mindestens 100.000 topbonus Statusmeilen sammeln, erhalten Sie automatisch die topbonus Platinum Card zugeschickt.

Für weitere Fragen oder Wünsche steht Ihnen unser Team gerne zur Verfügung.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen aus Berlin
I'll match my status with Finnair, so I'm save for at least one year...
Old Apr 20, 2012, 1:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
I'll match my status with Finnair, so I'm save for at least one year...
Remember, that you need at least one segment flown on AY metal for the match!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.