Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air New Zealand | Air Points
Reload this Page >

... your year in the air has landed (email from NZ)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

... your year in the air has landed (email from NZ)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2019, 2:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by KiwiMarmion
Could be marketing preferences?
Well I got it despite opting out of receiving any of NZ’s marketing...
Old Jan 5, 2019, 4:29 pm

Programs: NZ Elite (*G)
Originally Posted by KiwiMarmion
Could be marketing preferences?
I receive marketing (supposedly) but only hear about sales. People talk about receiving monthly e-mail newsletters as Elites but I never receive those.

On the other hand, in the past I would get a free long haul upgrade as a Christmas gift when others would only get a short haul upgrade. This year was nothing, of course. Finally NZ is treating its North American elites worse than it treats its NZ elites.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 9:24 am

Programs: NZ Elite, AC SE100K, Westjet Teal, Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite, Nexus, Global Entry
[QUOTE=SeaProf;30615177 Finally NZ is treating its North American elites worse than it treats its NZ elites.[/QUOTE]

My beef is the inability to use ShairPoints. With a spouse and five kids, it would very useful.
I have not heard the reason why non-NZ domiciled Elites cannot do this.
We also miss out on ability to earn on CC's.
SeaProf likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 4:21 pm

Originally Posted by taupo
My beef is the inability to use ShairPoints. With a spouse and five kids, it would very useful.
I have not heard the reason why non-NZ domiciled Elites cannot do this.
We also miss out on ability to earn on CC's.
do you have family over here? Could you not list them as your residential address and have a seperate O/S mailing address? Think you can select a “Business Address” for Mail to go to. It’s not like NZ mail a lot of stuff out - mostly digital...
Old Jan 6, 2019, 11:26 pm

Programs: Nz*G
67 flights
1649 apd
124,000km

and yet, still im only going to scrape in retaining elite with my 267 rollover points from last year!

kiwifrequentflyer likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 1:37 am

I prefer the one from Google. Travelled the equivalent of about 5x around the world. I estimate less than 1/5 on NZ. Not sure if the NZ email counts *A or even NZ flight numbers on another tin. Overshot GE requal. Unintentionally of course.

Last edited by poopbunny; Jan 7, 2019 at 6:02 am
Old Jan 8, 2019, 1:15 am

Did anybody get to the bottom of why some (including me) didn't receive the email, while others (e.g. my wife) did? Is there any way to lookup the stats online or get the email retrospectively...just out of interest!
Old Jan 8, 2019, 2:24 am

Programs: NZ*G, back of the bus UA, corner of the MLL AC.
Originally Posted by ukflyer1
Did anybody get to the bottom of why some (including me) didn't receive the email, while others (e.g. my wife) did? Is there any way to lookup the stats online or get the email retrospectively...just out of interest!
Anecdata suggests if you have a foreign (non nz) address on your account, you probably didn't get the summary.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 3:06 am

Originally Posted by samyoull
Anecdata suggests if you have a foreign (non nz) address on your account, you probably didn't get the summary.
Thanks - but I have a NZ address against my account.
samyoull likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.