Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The mystery of Flight 999

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2018, 11:14 am

Hopefully not too off-topic, but it reminded me of something strange that happened on a recentish flight on another airline. I noticed the flight tracker map on my neighbour's screen was showing what I would expect, but mine was showing the plane going in the wrong direction. How is that possible? I hadn't even been drinking, and it wasn't a fancy interactive one where you can change the perspective. After turning it off and turning it back on, mine matched the the one on the screen beside me.
Old Dec 16, 2018, 4:47 am

Originally Posted by ps107
Hopefully not too off-topic, but it reminded me of something strange that happened on a recentish flight on another airline. I noticed the flight tracker map on my neighbour's screen was showing what I would expect, but mine was showing the plane going in the wrong direction. How is that possible? I hadn't even been drinking, and it wasn't a fancy interactive one where you can change the perspective. After turning it off and turning it back on, mine matched the the one on the screen beside me.
Happens all the time... Recent flights between Japan and AU (different airline - not NZ) have been so lazy that the departing airport has for some reason been showing on the Airshow as the arrival airport. I wonder if the crew have some input in the system and if it's actually their job to make sure it works correctly (be it flight or cabin crew)?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.