Wiki Posts
Search

ANZ Premium Economy

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2018, 6:49 pm
Original Poster

ANZ Premium Economy

Hi Guys,

I'm sure this has been covered a lot on here. So soon i'll be travelling on PE to Sydney. I thought stuff it, i'll treat myself (will also be my first ANZ flight) what should i expect? through out the whole process. I know i have access to premium check in which i have no idea where it is at AKL. I've never used the Kiosks either, are they easy to use? and are drinks and alcohol included in my fare? honestly anything from info to photos would be so much appreciated. I'm sorry if this has been covered.
Old May 1, 2018, 6:55 pm

In AKL look for signs/wall the Premium aera is easy to find.

The Kiosks are simple, scan passport, then its mostly yes except may be the Gun one which is no (haven't used a kiosk in best part of a year). I have generally found the kiosk workflow faster than the workflow a staff members follow at a check in desk.

On board in PE there will be a food/drink service.
Old May 1, 2018, 8:11 pm

Programs: NZ*G, QF Bronze, VA Red
The food and drink options will be "business light". I believe you have the gamut of alcohols, but not the reeeeally good stuff.
Old May 2, 2018, 12:29 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
PE alcohol has been cut back. It's basically just economy now rather than the old days where you got BP spirits.
Old May 2, 2018, 12:35 am

Programs: NZ*GE / EK*GOLD
Originally Posted by sbiddle
PE alcohol has been cut back. It's basically just economy now rather than the old days where you got BP spirits.
Yep my last LH PE flight was the same wines as economy, it was actually really disappointing.
Old May 2, 2018, 1:40 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nzkarit
In AKL look for signs/wall the Premium aera is easy to find.

The Kiosks are simple, scan passport, then its mostly yes except may be the Gun one which is no (haven't used a kiosk in best part of a year). I have generally found the kiosk workflow faster than the workflow a staff members follow at a check in desk.

On board in PE there will be a food/drink service.
Is it against the back wall behind all the kiosks?
Old May 2, 2018, 1:42 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kyanar
The food and drink options will be "business light". I believe you have the gamut of alcohols, but not the reeeeally good stuff.
Originally Posted by sbiddle
But is the alcohol included in my fare or do i have to pay extra on-board?
Old May 2, 2018, 4:09 am

Programs: NZ*G, United.
Originally Posted by mightymurph51
Is it against the back wall behind all the kiosks?
To the right of the kiosks follow the pink/purple light through the door. Alcohol is in your fare. enjoy.
Old May 2, 2018, 5:53 am

Programs: Too many golds, no plat: OZ*G, AC*G, NZ*G, VA Gold, QF Gold, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by mightymurph51
But is the alcohol included in my fare or do i have to pay extra on-board?
Alcohol is free. And although it's Y class alcohol, it's not too bad (wines mostly semi respectable). The food, on the other hand, is basically business class, so the combination is pretty good.
Old May 2, 2018, 6:59 am

Programs: NZ Gold, BA Gold, QF Silver, IHG Platinum Elite Ambassador, Accor Diamond
Priority boarding too, although it wont be the first group to board (which is Business/Elite), it will be minutes behind that group. PE Trans-Tasman on NZ is a pleasant comfortable way to go (no need for the flat bed in Business on a short daytime flight) and IMHO is more comfortable than Qantas in Business on its 737s (but not the A330s), although Qantas Business (as is usual with business) also includes lounge access and has better wines than NZ in PE.
Old May 2, 2018, 9:19 am

Programs: NZ Elite (*G)
Originally Posted by mad_atta
Alcohol is free. And although it's Y class alcohol, it's not too bad (wines mostly semi respectable). The food, on the other hand, is basically business class, so the combination is pretty good.
There is a significant difference with the food, however. In PE the food comes pre-assembled, whereas in Business it does not. This means that sauces, etc are pre-added in PE while in Business they are added on flight- an important consideration for those of us with food allergies (I am generally not able to eat the food in PE because of this, but can always find a meal in Business, albeit without sauce - and for the record, I cannot choose a special meal offering because the allergy is too rare and is commonly used in sauces).
Old May 2, 2018, 1:05 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
Originally Posted by SeaProf
There is a significant difference with the food, however. In PE the food comes pre-assembled, whereas in Business it does not. This means that sauces, etc are pre-added in PE while in Business they are added on flight- an important consideration for those of us with food allergies (I am generally not able to eat the food in PE because of this, but can always find a meal in Business, albeit without sauce - and for the record, I cannot choose a special meal offering because the allergy is too rare and is commonly used in sauces).
Expect on the Tasman/Pacific Island routes- were the J meals come pre-assembled too. Short-Haul J meals come in the same dish as PE, we’re on Long-Haul they are on a plate.

Baiscly on the Tasman the PE/J mains are 100% the same, and intact the crew will share the role off serving both cabins.
Old May 2, 2018, 2:06 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by mad_atta
Just for the record I've cheekily asked politely on a few occasions since the changes whether it's possible to have a Glenlivet (the single malt they currently serve in BP) and have never been denied, although one flight attendant said she would only do it because I was an Elite.

Clearly YMMV, but if you do enjoy a nightcap and don't want to drink the lolly water they have in PE/Y now, there is no harm in asking. One did give me an incredibly generous pour as she said she wouldn't be able to bring me a refill.
Old May 2, 2018, 3:18 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, QF Platinum (LTS), VA Platinum
Originally Posted by Rebound
Yep my last LH PE flight was the same wines as economy, it was actually really disappointing.
I'll take our worst wine over some other airlines J wines flying the Tasman.
Old May 3, 2018, 2:53 pm
Original Member

I’ve often asked for a brandy when travelling in PE and never been denied, nor have I been made to feel I was asking for something inappropriate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.