Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delayed Baggage Compensation

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2019, 5:52 pm

Programs: Altitude 75K, LT Marriott Platinum
My baggage was delayed after flying from YYZ - HND - SYD - AKL with Air NZ. Given that there are numerous flights between SYD and AKL, I naively thought that my luggage would be on the next flight. However, Air NZ didn't return the luggage to me until 36 hours. Air NZ offered me only $100 US, which I quickly learned doesn't buy a lot in Auckland and the agent had the audacity to inform me that I should have purchased travel and baggage delay insurance. Apparently as a Star Alliance Gold member, you automatically receive $200 US, which I only discovered after communicating with Air Canada. Air NZ's service in the air, lounges and ground staff is outstanding but definitely require significant improvement regarding baggage delay compensation to those who don't live in NZ.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 12:55 am

Programs: Velocity Gold, AIRNZ Elite, Qantas Silver ,Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by qrctraveller
My baggage was delayed after flying from YYZ - HND - SYD - AKL with Air NZ. Given that there are numerous flights between SYD and AKL, I naively thought that my luggage would be on the next flight. However, Air NZ didn't return the luggage to me until 36 hours. Air NZ offered me only $100 US, which I quickly learned doesn't buy a lot in Auckland and the agent had the audacity to inform me that I should have purchased travel and baggage delay insurance. Apparently as a Star Alliance Gold member, you automatically receive $200 US, which I only discovered after communicating with Air Canada. Air NZ's service in the air, lounges and ground staff is outstanding but definitely require significant improvement regarding baggage delay compensation to those who don't live in NZ.
was that economy or business ?
Old Jan 29, 2019, 3:35 pm

Originally Posted by Beano
was that economy or business ?
Should it matter? Seems like terrible service either-way.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 10:50 pm

Programs: Velocity Gold, AIRNZ Elite, Qantas Silver ,Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by codyc1515
Should it matter? Seems like terrible service either-way.
its the compensation that is offered linked to thr class i am interested in
it is nice to know what is the norm and expected in that particular class
Old Feb 7, 2019, 1:04 pm

Programs: Altitude 75K, LT Marriott Platinum
It was an Economy ticket and I had a successful bid upgrade from Economy to Premium Economy for the SYD - AKL portion. As mentioned, the $200 USD was associated with being a Star Alliance Gold member and I believe that I would have been offered this amount in any of the cabin classes offered on the 777 that I took.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.