Search

Timing for recognition upgrades

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2017, 8:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ Elite *G, QF Gold, Accor+ Diamond
Timing for recognition upgrades

I'd be grateful for any answers to 2 questions:
1. When exactly is a failed RU refunded?
2. Are One-Ups processed exactly 7 days before a flight departs?
Details below.

The Air NZ website recommends lodging a RU at least 7 days before the flight to allow them to assess it before processing any OneUp upgrades. I'm not sure if that's precise timing.

I want to lodge a RU for a flight from AKL to SGN. If it fails, I want to lodge it for the return flight. It won't have expired by then.

The 1st flight departs for SGN 7 days + 13 hours before the return flight departs for AKL. If the RU fails on the 1st flight and I only find out at the gate, is it instantly refunded so I can lodge it for the 2nd flight before I take off?

If not...
The 1st flight arrives in SGN 7 days + 2 hours before the return flight departs for AKL. If the RU fails on the 1st flight, will it have been refunded by the time I arrive in SGN so I can lodge it for the 2nd flight then (before OneUps are processed)?

I ask because I'd prefer the RU to succeed on the 1st flight but it's looking unlikely because dummy bookings suggest high loadings.

I will be NZ Silver / Koru member throughout this.

Thanks!
Old May 17, 2017, 12:09 am

Programs: NZ*E, QR Plat
You can ring the call centre and get it put back onto your account almost straight away if you don't see it yourself.

https://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/oneup
talks about looking at it 3-5 days before a flight and then if full up to 8 hours before. I don't think one-ups are confirmed at the gate like recognition upgrades or elite standby upgrades can be.

Originally Posted by Beckett66
I'd be grateful for any answers to 2 questions:
1. When exactly is a failed RU refunded?
2. Are One-Ups processed exactly 7 days before a flight departs?
Details below.

The Air NZ website recommends lodging a RU at least 7 days before the flight to allow them to assess it before processing any OneUp upgrades. I'm not sure if that's precise timing.

I want to lodge a RU for a flight from AKL to SGN. If it fails, I want to lodge it for the return flight. It won't have expired by then.

The 1st flight departs for SGN 7 days + 13 hours before the return flight departs for AKL. If the RU fails on the 1st flight and I only find out at the gate, is it instantly refunded so I can lodge it for the 2nd flight before I take off?

If not...
The 1st flight arrives in SGN 7 days + 2 hours before the return flight departs for AKL. If the RU fails on the 1st flight, will it have been refunded by the time I arrive in SGN so I can lodge it for the 2nd flight then (before OneUps are processed)?

I ask because I'd prefer the RU to succeed on the 1st flight but it's looking unlikely because dummy bookings suggest high loadings.

I will be NZ Silver / Koru member throughout this.

Thanks!
Old May 17, 2017, 2:16 am

Programs: NZ*Elite *G, QF*G, SPG*Platinum, Accor*Platinum, Hilton*Gold
Are you transiting HKG or SIN?
Old May 17, 2017, 2:41 am
Ambassador: Air New Zealand

Programs: NZ Elite, EK Gold, Qatar Gold, Amex Plat, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by dadig
Are you transiting HKG or SIN?
It will be the direct flight NZ269
Old May 17, 2017, 2:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ Elite *G, QF Gold, Accor+ Diamond
Thanks for the replies. Yes, it's from AKL direct to SGN.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.