Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Renovated 777-200s

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2015, 12:53 pm

Programs: QF LTG, VASG, NZ*S, OZD, IHG SpireAMB, HHD
Originally Posted by johnyates1949
Does anybody have any idea of the schedule to upgrade last 6' 772s. all we know is that it's due to be completed late December 2015.
When is next one due it's refit ?
Did you read post #22?
Old Feb 2, 2015, 2:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by bsd
We flew OKF in late Jan from YVR to AKL.

Not refurbished. Full flight. Service patchy - most noticeably with drink refills not up to scratch, and no water offered with the dinner. Not that I asked ....

Re the seat map not being operative, that is most likely caused by the BP cabin being full, so 'Seat select' is disabled.

Biz seat map shows fine on EF, just PE and Y seatmaps that are 'withheld' at present. Flights day prior and after show as 772, this shows as 777.

EF suggests flights is relatively full - but not yet sold out in any cabin class:

NZ 83 0 YVR
27/02/15 18:30 AKL
01/03/15 5:30 777
Su,W,Th,F,Sa
85% / 12m C4 D1 Z0 J0 U4 E4 O4 A4 Y7 B7 M7 H2 Q0 V0 W0 T0 L0 S0 G0 X0 K0 P0

Last edited by Thai-Kiwi; Feb 2, 2015 at 5:03 pm
Old Feb 2, 2015, 6:55 pm

Please forgive the length of the following email - in my first post I was trying not to get into the whys or wherefores of what I had already looked up and seen - given earlier post show that some of this looking up can be a bit misleading without the right knowledge.

Thanks Thai Kiwi, I haven't presently got a full EF subscription, so while I can see that the seat maps are withheld PRS restricted...etc, I am not presently able to see the detail you provided - so thank you.

A booking search tells me that I am able to buy 5 Business Class tickets via Air NZ online site, which ties up nicely with what you gave me Thai Kiwi. So, comment "Re the seat map not being operative, that is most likely caused by the BP cabin being full, so 'Seat select' is disabled. " may have applied in another situation that is similar to mine, but not here.

I have also looked up and found on the flight schedules that there is an extra "777" going into rotation, instead of the "772" on the normal schedule -so Wednesday and Friday that week. Interestingly the Wednesday seat map is also restricted at this time. I thought I had checked seat map for Biz class - obviously not -and also interesting to see this available - config change to E + PE Classes on 777-200 (new), but not to biz.

Now, I have read backwards (I hope) relatively thoroughly, and based on previous comments, did not want to assume that change on flight schedule from 772 to 777 *actually* mean that I was looking at a potentially refitted plane. Looked like that was misleading info earlier in this thread. My own personal guess is that there may or may not be a refit bird on that leg - but they don't know for sure yet how the schedule will pan out, but - that's only a guess - and I will freely admit that - based on what I can see on the consumer end.

I am not aware of any way to look up which actual bird is scheduled for a particular day - other than using FR to work out a couple of days ahead. Nor am I aware of the refit schedule in detail (which is not in post 22) - but OKG sounds like it's up next.

FYI - my husband is 6'3" - so a reduction in seat pitch actually matters to the pax in this case.

If anyone can point me in the right direction, should there be anything I can access that will tell me what it was I'm asking, I would be truely much appreciative, and also less prone to posting long ranty posts.... :-)
Old Feb 2, 2015, 9:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Happy to help, but during periods of configuration change there really isn't too much way of determining which aircraft will be operated (772 or 777 in this case).

Best anyone can say this far out is that a 777 is a possibility - and your decision really boils down to how 'unacceptable' this might be. There are possibilities such as purchaing 'preferred seats (baulkhead or exit row, attemping a OneUp bid, or buying a higher class. Or even selecting a different carrier.

I ran a detailed analysis of QANTAS 747 aircraft as I was flying on biz award and was curious which of 3 possible configurations I'd be in. I tracked all QF 747 and managed to narrow it one of 2 aircraft about 18 hours prior - certainly I needn't have bothered to the extent that I did - but it was an interesting exercise which also showed QF fleet utlisation.

You can track each 772 and 777 to try and work out the odds (as I did) of AKL-YVR-AKL being serviced by a 777, using a range of web-based information such as www.flightradar24.com and http://www.thenzsource.com/nztracker.html

Last edited by Thai-Kiwi; Feb 3, 2015 at 1:07 am
Old Feb 2, 2015, 9:54 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
The only way to know definitively is to have a source inside Air NZ - fleet schedules are typically known a week or two out - but obviously are subject to change.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 3:40 am

Cheers guys / gals - that's what I suspected - but helps to know that I've checked what I can. I am totally the type of person to try and do the detailed analysis thing as well - so I relate - and will probably end up doing soemthing similar.....

I've got a oneup bid in, and hope that comes off really. We shall see....it would be nice to end up with a pair of seats.
Old Feb 4, 2015, 8:39 am

Hi folks, I am new to this Air NZ forum; It looks like Air NZ changed equipment in my late April NZ5 (LAX - AKL) from 77W to 777-200, and my seat numbers remain same online but seat map is not available. I paid extra to select one of the preferred seats. In 777 new layout these are still same seat numbers and preferred seats, but 772 these are regular seats. Does the "seat map not available" means they decided to switch to 777-200 but not sure of 777 (new layout) or 772 (old layout) ? Is it too early to call them and ask?
Old Feb 4, 2015, 1:05 pm

Given the 772 business configuration doesn't change with the refit, but the back of the plane does it makes sense that if it is going to be a refitted aircraft the seatmap for the back disappears for a while before returning with the new configuration a week or so out from the flight.
Old Feb 5, 2015, 6:21 am

Programs: NZ*gold / BA*silver / AC Aeroplan
Cool

Is air new Zealand "ZK-OKA" (777 refit) back in maintenance , haven't seen her on any tracking for several days.....

Last edited by johnyates1949; Feb 7, 2015 at 2:51 pm
Old Feb 8, 2015, 11:31 am

Originally Posted by johnyates1949
Is air new Zealand "ZK-OKA" (777 refit) back in maintenance , haven't seen her on any tracking for several days.....
Looks like it entered hanger on Feb 02.
http://www.thenzsource.com/air-new-z...maintenance-3/

Can someone please update list of 777-200s with new configuration?
Old Feb 8, 2015, 1:52 pm

Cool

Originally Posted by CalgaryLankan
Looks like it entered hanger on Feb 02.
http://www.thenzsource.com/air-new-z...maintenance-3/

Can someone please update list of 777-200s with new configuration?
Two only ZK-OKA and ZK-OKE..... ps. OKA out of maintenance today 8/2/15 and on route NZ87.
thenzsource reckons ZK-OKF has had refit but that is incorrect.. post #44

Last edited by johnyates1949; Feb 8, 2015 at 2:12 pm
Old Feb 8, 2015, 6:12 pm

Update, seat map for flight has come up, with the refit 777 map. Presently 9th, flight on 27th. Have my original seat assignment - BUT it's now in a part of the plane that's blocked (in fact, would be a skycouch seat if it stays that way).
Old Feb 8, 2015, 6:34 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
I see a 789 is now scheduled on the AKL-LAX NZ4 run from late Sept to Mid Oct replacing the 77E presumably for refit purposes.

It'll be interesting to see whether NZC and NZD arrived with different seat layout as has been rumored (along with the talk of a very cool paint job for NZC).
Old Feb 9, 2015, 7:51 am

Cool

Originally Posted by sbiddle
I see a 789 is now scheduled on the AKL-LAX NZ4 run from late Sept to Mid Oct replacing the 77E presumably for refit purposes.

It'll be interesting to see whether NZC and NZD arrived with different seat layout as has been rumored (along with the talk of a very cool paint job for NZC).
To run on Sunday flights only.... shame , I'm on Saturday NZ4. 3rd Oct. PE. hopefully that will be a refit 777 by then..

Last edited by johnyates1949; Feb 9, 2015 at 9:11 am
Old Feb 9, 2015, 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by pusspaw
Update, seat map for flight has come up, with the refit 777 map. Presently 9th, flight on 27th. Have my original seat assignment - BUT it's now in a part of the plane that's blocked (in fact, would be a skycouch seat if it stays that way).
If aircraft configuration has changed you must re-choose your seat,
if you don't ANZ will...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.