Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Y Fare with V sector

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2011, 5:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold (Emerald); Hilton Gold; IHG Platinum; Marriott Gold; Radisson Gold
Y Fare with V sector

Hi - forgive me if this is covered in the sticky, but it's 102 pages and I got stuck.

I booked via airnewzealand.co.uk a Global Flexi Fare, which showed on the pre-confirmation screen as LHR-AKL-BNE in Y class, BNE-CHC in V class, and CHC-AKL-LHR in Y class.

The e-ticket shows the booking classes as:
LHR-(Y)-AKL-(Y)-BNE-(V)-CHC-(H)-AKL-(Y)-LHR

Since then, I've learned about the trans-Tasman products and I'm now wondering which of them I've been booked in to.

The e-ticket confirms I have a checked baggage allowance on the BNE-CHC flight, but I'm assuming this is because it is part of the intercontinental ticket.

I have done the seat request online and have been allowed to select 24A on the 777-200 operating AKL-BNE (Y Class), which is in the front section and offers greater leg room and says it has 'noise cancelling headphones', and is not denoted as a 'Works Deluxe' seat.

On BNE-CHC (V Class) I could select 2F, which I think is a normal seat on the A320.

On CHC-AKL (H Class) I could select 1F which the plan shows as 'Space+'.

I am *G with another carrier, and that is in the booking.

Questions:
1) Will I be able to hold those seats, or nearer the time, will they notice I shouldn't be there and bump me further down - in which case I will go and pick my preferred seat further down the back now, before it fills up.

2) What service will I receive AKL-BNE (Y) and BNE-CHC (V) - meal and drinks or buy on board?

Many thanks in advance for any info and advice,
Paul.

Last edited by paulieuk; Jan 28, 2011 at 7:54 am
Old Jan 28, 2011, 10:08 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Should be works for the trans-Tasman flights
Old Jan 28, 2011, 6:27 pm

Programs: NZ*G ELT, VA-G
Only V class across the Tasman won't get you any miles.
Old Jan 30, 2011, 3:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold (Emerald); Hilton Gold; IHG Platinum; Marriott Gold; Radisson Gold
Thanks for the replies guys - I knew before booking that the V sector wouldn't earn, but as the itinerary brings in around 25,500 miles, I'm happy with that.

So with reference to my question 1, do you think my seat requests are valid in those front of economy sections?

Thanks again, Paul.
Old Jan 30, 2011, 3:31 pm

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
Originally Posted by paulieuk
So with reference to my question 1, do you think my seat requests are valid in those front of economy sections?

Thanks again, Paul.
As a *A Gold. IMO yes they are valid.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.