Community
Wiki Posts
Search

72 hour sale now but booked 10 days ago

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2010, 12:35 am
Original Poster

72 hour sale now but booked 10 days ago

August 16 I booked LAX to AKL with the "special deal" that the girl on the 800 number said would expire that day. Two seats $2020. Tuesday 8/24 Air NZ offers a 72 hour sale and the same seats are now $1532. Thats almost $500 less. I called the 800 number -- she couldn't help. Seems like the least I could do is pay the $150 per ticket change fee and change the fares to the 72 hour special and get $198 back? Any thoughts?
Old Aug 26, 2010, 12:40 am

Programs: NZ , QF , MK
Originally Posted by stewart24
Any thoughts?
Yes .... if you buy something and you are happy with the price at the time NEVER go back and check it again later . If it has gone down you are going to feel disappointed even though you were happy with the price you paid at the time you paid it .
Old Aug 26, 2010, 12:52 am
Original Poster

I was actually trying to sign up for Air points and the sale came flashing on the website main page -- so I couldn't miss it.
Old Aug 26, 2010, 1:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by stewart24
August 16 I booked LAX to AKL with the "special deal" that the girl on the 800 number said would expire that day. Two seats $2020. Tuesday 8/24 Air NZ offers a 72 hour sale and the same seats are now $1532. Thats almost $500 less. I called the 800 number -- she couldn't help. Seems like the least I could do is pay the $150 per ticket change fee and change the fares to the 72 hour special and get $198 back? Any thoughts?
Such is life! I think many have experienced this - the counter is, of course, holding out hoping for a sale, and risking having to pay 'above the odds' for your tickets.

It might be worthwhile cancelling and rebooking ($200 is a fair few beers), providing that the 'hassles' are worth it - your call. Also consider if the cheaper flights are mileage earning etc - but only if that is important to you.

Cheers, TK

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.