FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-klm-other-partners-flying-blue-594/)
-   -   FAQ 4A1 - Questions relating to the French co-branded FB Amex card (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-klm-other-partners-flying-blue/2084877-faq-4a1-questions-relating-french-co-branded-fb-amex-card.html)

vic.d Jul 14, 2022 2:46 am

I've had to submit a claim like that sometime ago, I simply submitted a claim to AFKL for a confirmation of no reimbursement on their end stating I had insurance with AMEX, which they were happy to confirm.
I was able to avoid waiting on a possible refund from them and go straight for AXA claim, while meeting their requirement of no refund with the airline.
As to if that's contractually valid, I couldn't possibly say

canadavid Jul 15, 2022 6:29 am

In term of coverage for late bagage, does AXA take 400€ (maximum per terms and conditions) even if AF has already taken 200€ for instance ?
or the maximum is 400-whatAFHasReimbursed ?

flyertalker00143 Jul 15, 2022 7:07 am

Hi

I just discovered the new feature Pay with Miles today... what a joke...
Spending like crazy to earn Miles, then using Thousands of Miles just to pay a few Euros on Amex statement... :rolleyes:

without any doubt, the dumbest idea ever launched by Amex x AF

mlin32 Jul 15, 2022 7:51 am

Originally Posted by macaron95 (Post 34428221)
Hi

I just discovered the new feature Pay with Miles today... what a joke...
Spending like crazy to earn Miles, then using Thousands of Miles just to pay a few Euros on Amex statement... :rolleyes:

without any doubt, the dumbest idea ever launched by Amex x AF

Not unique to the Amex AF KLM card, unfortunately. Other Amex cards offer similar and it's probably the worst redemption method.

canadavid Jul 19, 2022 7:17 pm

On my amex branded platinum, I have a bonus of 1 miles for every euro spent I have made in foreign currencies in July.
i have not seen any news or ad regarding this bonus offer ?

Masterfrog Jul 21, 2022 5:15 am

I just noticed the Amex Blue is free for life with Fortuneo or with a simple referral.

I guess you can't get one AF Amex and one regular Amex ?

thibderoc Jul 25, 2022 11:02 am

As you speak of Fortuneo, I assume you're in France

Yes you can

AF Amex will earn you Flying Blue Miles
Amex Blue will earn you Rewards Points

koopa Aug 1, 2022 4:19 am

Originally Posted by maalloc (Post 34422701)
Just got a nice, glossy-paper mail to tell me how the new amazing Amex Gold price is now 180 € per annum. 9% YoY price hike.

I received the same letter, indicating that as part of the price increase on the AF Gold Amex, some new Hertz benefits have been added, without any more detail.

Does anyone know what are these new additional Hertz benefits on the AF Gold Amex ?

Goldorak Aug 1, 2022 9:55 am

Originally Posted by koopa (Post 34475973)
I received the same letter, indicating that as part of the price increase on the AF Gold Amex, some new Hertz benefits have been added, without any more detail.

Does anyone know what are these new additional Hertz benefits on the AF Gold Amex ?

I think it's a higher discount. But to benefit from it, you need to achieve an extraordinary objective : make a successful booking on Hertz site or app going through all the glitches affecting their systems. :mad:

SteveCanary Aug 2, 2022 3:58 am

Originally Posted by Goldorak (Post 34476820)
I think it's a higher discount. But to benefit from it, you need to achieve an extraordinary objective : make a successful booking on Hertz site or app going through all the glitches affecting their systems. :mad:

I received the same letter with no details, dated July 1st:

I called AMEX to get more information on Hertz "enforced" benefits but the guy didn't really know and had to ask his supervisor. After a few minutes he told me that I should get Hertz President's Circle and better insurances. I told him that I was already Hertz Platinum thanks to FB Ultimate status, that I was not interested at all in "Pay with Miles" and that when insurances were devaluated some time ago they didn't decrease the card fee. I finally told him that my husband and I would probably cancel the 3 Gold cards we currently have due to this 9% increase for nothing.

But my husband received an other version of the letter dated July 7th...

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...ba8bac9ea1.jpghttps://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...7c42eb4544.jpg

I thought we were already supposed to get Hertz 15% discount and now it's not President's Circle anymore but Five Star, that we already have... :confused: :td:

fifty_two Aug 2, 2022 5:36 am

Originally Posted by maalloc (Post 34422701)
Just got a nice, glossy-paper mail to tell me how the new amazing Amex Gold price is now 180 € per annum. 9% YoY price hike.

Looks like AF Platinum price is unchanged at 570 € / p.a.

Woaw , i mean they keep increasing price and lowering benefits , so i dont see the point of having any of these cards besides booking AFKL flights

And when you consider the devaluation of miles happening since last FB then the gold or platinum are clearly a joke

Originally Posted by macaron95 (Post 34428221)
HiThousands of Miles just to pay a few Euros on Amex statement... :rolleyes:

1 000 Miles = 4 € , this is a scam , i just wonder who is the genius who got this idea
1 000 Miles = 4 €

Goldorak Aug 2, 2022 10:53 am

Originally Posted by fifty_two (Post 34479306)
Woaw , i mean they keep increasing price and lowering benefits , so i dont see the point of having any of these cards besides booking AFKL flights
And when you consider the devaluation of miles happening since last FB then the gold or platinum are clearly a joke

I wouldn't say that, although some of the last "improvements" ;) are bad. But for the last 3 years, we have more and more very interesting cashback offers for AFKL or some hotel brands purchases. Those are becoming the most interesting benefits of this card as clearly you recover quickly your annual fee. But if those offers vanish in the future (not unlikely on a post covid world), then I would clearly consider cancelling the card.

koopa Aug 4, 2022 2:28 am

Originally Posted by SteveCanary (Post 34479179)
I received the same letter with no details, dated July 1st:

when insurances were devaluated some time ago they didn't decrease the card fee.

I don't remember about the insurance devaluation. Can someone point me to what was impacted by this devaluation ?

Goldorak Aug 4, 2022 11:04 am

Originally Posted by koopa (Post 34484840)
I don't remember about the insurance devaluation. Can someone point me to what was impacted by this devaluation ?

For travel insurances, only AFKL flights are covered. Before it was all airlines.

Masterfrog Aug 4, 2022 11:55 am

Originally Posted by Goldorak (Post 34480188)
I wouldn't say that, although some of the last "improvements" ;) are bad. But for the last 3 years, we have more and more very interesting cashback offers for AFKL or some hotel brands purchases. Those are becoming the most interesting benefits of this card as clearly you recover quickly your annual fee. But if those offers vanish in the future (not unlikely on a post covid world), then I would clearly consider cancelling the card.

But those cashback offers are offered to every Amex customer. So you can still access them with a free Amex card at the entry level.

I have a very hard time to justify the 180 euros price for the Gold and the 570 euros price for the Platinum nowadays.
No lounge benefit, travel insurance restricted to AF-KLM flights, 2,8% FX fee. You get better insurance and no FX fee (even on withdrawals) on free Visa/Mastercard cards on the French market.
The only real perks of those "premium" cards are the extra XP without flying.