Wiki Posts
Search

FB Platinum & Hertz

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2019, 3:07 am
Original Poster

Angry FB Platinum & Hertz

Hello everyone,

I've been enjoying the benefits of FB Plat and Hertz Presidents Circle for last two years. However, despite becoming Platinum again this year, Hertz has suddenly notified me of downgrade to their lower status (don't remember the name, "Five Stars"?) because I haven't rented the car often enough. I was surprised because I was sure that goes automatically: FB Plat automatically makes you Hertz's best friend but it seems not. I tried contacting FB in this regard but they were close to useless claiming "Hertz status is their business, we know nothing". Trying to locate some information of the status match didn't bring any results either. I also tried contacting Hertz directly but their officially communicated email (something like [email protected]) was also a misfire from my side as I got no answer.

Two questions on this topic: did anyone with FB plat get a status match or change in status with Hertz? Is there any way to get some clear information or at least contact person to figure that out?

Thanks!
Old Apr 30, 2019, 3:40 am

I noticed the same in my account though no e-mail from Hertz so no clue when it happened, "Five Star" seems to their middle tier.
If you still have your Avis President's club membership (also through FB Plat) I suppose you can get a status match with Hertz
Old Apr 30, 2019, 3:49 am

Programs: FB Plat for life, FB PC, M&M FT, Hertz President (+ many low tier cards)
This perk of Hertz President for FB Platinum was never an official perk, and to my best knowledge it stil isn’t. So I’m afraid that you can’t claim a right to it. You could call Hertz and threaten to vote with your feet (never rent with them again). Depending on your rental frequency they might find it worthwhile to propose something, or not....

I’m kind of done with Hertz anyway. Relatively too expensive, and the tiny Frequent Flyer benefits are minuscule and not worth it. I also never really experienced a lot of difference between Presidents Circle and Five Star.

Much more benefit can be had by comparing car rental prices of different car rental companies in a given location, with the use of one of the renown car rental comparison sites. Price differences are often huge. Often you will find your dream car by paying less in the first place, without the need to count on an upgrade.

Last edited by Zembla; Apr 30, 2019 at 3:58 am
Old Apr 30, 2019, 4:23 am

Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum, Hertz PC
This happened to me earlier this year. All I did was sent an email to Hertz customer services pointing out to the page: https://www.hertz.fr/p/partners/flyingblueplatinum
which indicates the Hertz PC status for FB plat. I also indicated my FB and Hertz number and within a few days, I was back to PC.
Evil Squelcher likes this.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 4:27 am
Original Poster

Can you say how did you contact them? Any working Hertz email to send them the scanned FB Plat card?
Old Apr 30, 2019, 4:31 am

Programs: FB Plat for life, FB PC, M&M FT, Hertz President (+ many low tier cards)
EDIT: Double post. Sorry...

Last edited by Zembla; Apr 30, 2019 at 4:38 am
Old Apr 30, 2019, 4:33 am

Originally Posted by Mirk
This happened to me earlier this year. All I did was sent an email to Hertz customer services pointing out to the page: https://www.hertz.fr/p/partners/flyingblueplatinum
which indicates the Hertz PC status for FB plat. I also indicated my FB and Hertz number and within a few days, I was back to PC.
That is subject to interpretation, as I found out. It reads “Passage rapide au statut President Circle”. (Quick upgrade to President Circle Status). Now if it would read “Passage au statut President Circle” (Upgrade to President Circle Status) you could call it a perk. But with “Passage rapide au statut President Circle” it doesn’t necessarily imply that you will actually get President Circle instantly, or that you have a right to it.
Anyway. It can be worth the effort to call them and try, in the past it had been reported that this worked for many people.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 4:38 am

Originally Posted by Evil Squelcher
Can you say how did you contact them? Any working Hertz email to send them the scanned FB Plat card?
Why don’t you just call them?

Last edited by Zembla; Apr 30, 2019 at 4:47 am
Old Apr 30, 2019, 4:40 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Ditto
I noticed the same in my account though no e-mail from Hertz so no clue when it happened, "Five Star" seems to their middle tier.
If you still have your Avis President's club membership (also through FB Plat) I suppose you can get a status match with Hertz
And how do you get the Avis President's club status? I enrolled to Avis Preferred and the forms i filled didn't offer me to enter any information on Flying Blue except for the voucher they offer to print and bring. But you know, the real, physical Avis card of proper level works better on the rental office managers rather than a printed promo.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 4:49 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Zembla

Just call them.
If I call them how do I refer to the French Hertz website? Anyhow I find email a more reliable way of communication.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 5:00 am

If I call them how do I refer to the French Hertz website? Anyhow I find email a more reliable way of communication.
Hmm..that makes sense! Maybe you can use one of their “contact us”: link on their web site? Anyway let us know how it goes!
Old Apr 30, 2019, 6:18 am

And how do you get the Avis President's club status? I enrolled to Avis Preferred and the forms i filled didn't offer me to enter any information on Flying Blue except for the voucher they offer to print and bring. But you know, the real, physical Avis card of proper level works better on the rental office managers rather than a printed promo.
You e-mail them and mention your Avis Wizard # and FB# and request for the status update.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 12:39 pm

Programs: Flying Blue
I noticed the same, got downgraded to Five Stars. Agree with some other posters here that FF benefits at Hertz really suck. I think in general Hertz is not very transparant on pricing, availability and benefits. Time for a disruptor here!

I've used Sixt successfully last week and will try them again in a couple weeks. Seem they honour the FF benefits
Old Apr 30, 2019, 5:27 pm

Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Zembla

That is subject to interpretation, as I found out. It reads “Passage rapide au statut President Circle”. (Quick upgrade to President Circle Status). Now if it would read “Passage au statut President Circle” (Upgrade to President Circle Status) you could call it a perk. But with “Passage rapide au statut President Circle” it doesn’t necessarily imply that you will actually get President Circle instantly, or that you have a right to it.
Anyway. It can be worth the effort to call them and try, in the past it had been reported that this worked for many people.
I agree but my job is not to do the interpretation so I sent the email to ask and they quickly gave me back the PC status. What else can I say?

Try this email if you're based in France:
customer-relations-fr AT hertz.com

For the UK, just replace the fr by uk.

I will say this again. With Hertz, it's all about knowing which email address to use and if you rent often from someplace, get to know the manager.
Old May 2, 2019, 3:14 am

Originally Posted by Mirk
I agree but my job is not to do the interpretation so I sent the email to ask and they quickly gave me back the PC status. What else can I say?
^ Good to know it works!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.