FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-klm-other-partners-flying-blue-594/)
-   -   DL Z class now only 100% earning (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-klm-other-partners-flying-blue/1967288-dl-z-class-now-only-100-earning.html)

PDXbased1K Apr 28, 2019 8:54 am

DL Z class now only 100% earning

Just had a flight posted to my Flying Blue account (bulk ticket DL coded) in Z class. The flight posted earning only 100%. After spending 30 minutes on the phone arguing with them this was NOT 125% of the base miles (they continued to question me how I would possibly know the actual miles of the flight lol)-the agent then advised me that based on an "internal memo" as of March 31, 2019 that Z class only earns 100%. No communication was made to members regarding this change and the flying blue website https://www.flyingblue.us/en/partner...s/presentation continues to show the old earnings. Just amazing customer service from Flying Blue time and indicative of it being time to move onto another program I think.

If it matters the flight was Salt Lake City-Paris and I earned 5067 miles (plus my 100% Platinum bonus).

Oxymore Apr 28, 2019 10:12 pm

Z now shows as earning 100% at the link you posted. Nevertheless, very disappointing indeed.

Note that W also used to be 125% and has also become 100%.

fifty_two Apr 29, 2019 7:53 am

Its not only Z or W , but all classes have been reduced by 20% without any updates , i guess this is worth an announcement in this forum

They dont even mention from when this change took place , i guess in order to make claims more difficult for customers

Goldorak Apr 29, 2019 12:45 pm

I am guessing all this is entirely linked to a realignment in FB miles earning between AFKL-coded flights (revenue-based) and DL-coded flights (based on distance and booking class). We all know that, since FB rules change last april, it was often more advantageous miles-wise to book under partner code rather than under AFKL code. We may expect a similar move with other Skyteam partners. I don't have specific information, but this is just my 2c...

KLflyerRalph Apr 29, 2019 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by fifty_two (Post 31048464)
Its not only Z or W , but all classes have been reduced by 20% without any updates , i guess this is worth an announcement in this forum

This doesn't make any sense. They added F class at 300% (!) for international flights which Delta doesn't offer. Meanwhile, J and C have been upped to 200% and D, I to 175% while P is slashed from 200 to 125%.

Sjondorn Apr 29, 2019 2:37 pm

You can book DL coded flights for first class (like La Premiere).

nldogbert Apr 30, 2019 7:09 am

I've already mentioned about these upcoming changes - in one of the related threads - I am surprised until now they have not updated it on their website as I was told changes took place already back on April 1st.

Cheers!

Sjondorn Apr 30, 2019 12:02 pm

Yeah I noticed Z went down from 125% to 100% when seeing how much the miles / XP my upcoming booking will earn. Still better to book via DL than AF tho for this case, even for Z fare.

bostontraveler May 6, 2019 3:17 pm

Not always... I have a DUB-BOS which in Z amounts to a lot less than what I would get on AF but I guess to Goldorak's point they are trying to chip away at any benefit...

PDXbased1K May 8, 2019 3:55 pm

Just FYI: The distance based earning in Z class on AF/KL is also now only 100%. Such a bummer.

Goldorak May 8, 2019 4:05 pm

Originally Posted by PDXbased1K (Post 31081088)
Just FYI: The distance based earning in Z class on AF/KL is also now only 100%. Such a bummer.

What do you mean ? For DL Skymiles members ?