DL Z class now only 100% earning

Old Apr 28, 19, 8:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Platinum, HH Diamond, MR/RC Plat, KLM Plat, AS MVPG75K, UA Gold
Angry DL Z class now only 100% earning

Just had a flight posted to my Flying Blue account (bulk ticket DL coded) in Z class. The flight posted earning only 100%. After spending 30 minutes on the phone arguing with them this was NOT 125% of the base miles (they continued to question me how I would possibly know the actual miles of the flight lol)-the agent then advised me that based on an "internal memo" as of March 31, 2019 that Z class only earns 100%. No communication was made to members regarding this change and the flying blue website https://www.flyingblue.us/en/partner...s/presentation continues to show the old earnings. Just amazing customer service from Flying Blue time and indicative of it being time to move onto another program I think.

If it matters the flight was Salt Lake City-Paris and I earned 5067 miles (plus my 100% Platinum bonus).
Old Apr 28, 19, 10:12 pm

Programs: AF/KL Plat, AA EXP, A3*G, UA *G, LH FTL, CCarlson Gold, HH Gold
Z now shows as earning 100% at the link you posted. Nevertheless, very disappointing indeed.

Note that W also used to be 125% and has also become 100%.
Old Apr 29, 19, 7:53 am

Programs: Gold: Flying blue / Silver: Club Accor
Its not only Z or W , but all classes have been reduced by 20% without any updates , i guess this is worth an announcement in this forum

They dont even mention from when this change took place , i guess in order to make claims more difficult for customers

Last edited by fifty_two; Apr 29, 19 at 8:51 am
Old Apr 29, 19, 12:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, UA Mileage plus, Le Club Accorhotels platinum
I am guessing all this is entirely linked to a realignment in FB miles earning between AFKL-coded flights (revenue-based) and DL-coded flights (based on distance and booking class). We all know that, since FB rules change last april, it was often more advantageous miles-wise to book under partner code rather than under AFKL code. We may expect a similar move with other Skyteam partners. I don't have specific information, but this is just my 2c...
Old Apr 29, 19, 2:09 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, Accor Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by fifty_two View Post
Its not only Z or W , but all classes have been reduced by 20% without any updates , i guess this is worth an announcement in this forum
This doesn't make any sense. They added F class at 300% (!) for international flights which Delta doesn't offer. Meanwhile, J and C have been upped to 200% and D, I to 175% while P is slashed from 200 to 125%.
Old Apr 29, 19, 2:37 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium; Hilton Gold
You can book DL coded flights for first class (like La Premiere).
Old Apr 30, 19, 7:09 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

I've already mentioned about these upcoming changes - in one of the related threads - I am surprised until now they have not updated it on their website as I was told changes took place already back on April 1st.

Cheers!
fifty_two likes this.
Old Apr 30, 19, 12:02 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium; Hilton Gold
Yeah I noticed Z went down from 125% to 100% when seeing how much the miles / XP my upcoming booking will earn. Still better to book via DL than AF tho for this case, even for Z fare.
Old May 6, 19, 3:17 pm

Programs: AA Plat (4m+), AF Platinum, A3 Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Plat
Not always... I have a DUB-BOS which in Z amounts to a lot less than what I would get on AF but I guess to Goldorak's point they are trying to chip away at any benefit...
Old May 8, 19, 3:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Platinum, HH Diamond, MR/RC Plat, KLM Plat, AS MVPG75K, UA Gold
Just FYI: The distance based earning in Z class on AF/KL is also now only 100%. Such a bummer.
Old May 8, 19, 4:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, UA Mileage plus, Le Club Accorhotels platinum
Originally Posted by PDXbased1K View Post
Just FYI: The distance based earning in Z class on AF/KL is also now only 100%. Such a bummer.
What do you mean ? For DL Skymiles members ?

Search this Thread