Wiki Posts
Search

FB awarded 2 XP for domestic DL J

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2019, 12:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: FB Plat
FB awarded 2 XP for domestic DL J

The flight reservation consisted of two segments (both J) that day, and I received 4 XP total.

It was a DL flight on DL metal and I specifically paid for J.

FB posted 2 XP per segment, and 150% mileage.

Shouldn't it have been 12 XP total and 175% mileage?
Old Jan 27, 2019, 4:44 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
Originally Posted by paris1000
Shouldn't it have been 12 XP total and 175% mileage?
these are two different topics
Old Jan 27, 2019, 10:56 pm
Original Poster

Yes, I had studied the earning scheme for XP and miles which is why I think I should have earned 12 XP total (instead of 4) and 175% mileage bonus (instead of 150%). I'm awaiting an email response from FB.

FB's earning scheme for its Delta partner on the FB website (to which you linked) has not been updated to reflect Delta's domestic booking class realignment. The realignment changes domestic first class fares from F, P, A, G and R to J, C, D, I, Z and O.
https://pro.delta.com/content/agency...rkets----.html

So a Delta domestic flight should earn either 2, 4, 6, or 10 XP, depending on booking class (Economy, PE, Business, First, in your 1st link). It won't earn 10 XP because Delta First Class (old FPAGR, now JCDIZO) is considered Business Class as noted on FB's partner page for Delta (in your 2nd link).

I flew two domestic segments in J (previously F before realignment), which according to the earning scheme in the links you provided should earn 12 XP total and 175% mileage bonus UNLESS there's still something I don't understand (which is why I started this thread to ask) or FB changed its rules and hasn't updated its website after Delta's booking class realignment.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 1:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Apparently you are victim of DL realignment of domestic F to J that will take place on 2 April 2019. But there was an earlier experiment on the SEA market. I assume that you are one of those and FB system cannot adjust. Good luck in getting proper credit. maybe you could send them:
https://pro.delta.com/content/agency...ed-to-sea.html
Old Jan 28, 2019, 3:31 am

Programs: FB Gold
Under both cases, even if OP had post-realignment J and pre-realignment F the amount of miles is still wrong.
F is under domestic at 200% while J is under international at 175%, neither being close to 125%.

The question is,what data is FB using to credit DL domestic flights? Delta's updated booking classes or the ones on their website considering Delta might be sending post-realignment booking classes into their system after the flight.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 3:46 am

Programs: KL Plat
I was looking at some flights in the summer and noticed none of the booking classes presented for domestic First matched the FB page on Delta for domestic flights, then remembered back to a thread here mentioning the changes. Contacted FB about this last week and got a pointless reply with a copy and paste of the Delta earnings page, so replied back very bluntly asking whether FB is deliberately no longer awarding anything for domestic J flights on DL as per the FB earnings page, or is the FB page out of date, providing a link to the Delta page mentioning the changes...

Received the following on Wednesday

The answer to your request requires further research, which means that I can’t give you an immediate answer. Thank you for your patience.
paris1000 likes this.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 4:01 am

Programs: FB Gold
Originally Posted by Solevita
I was looking at some flights in the summer and noticed none of the booking classes presented for domestic First matched the FB page on Delta for domestic flights, then remembered back to a thread here mentioning the changes. Contacted FB about this last week and got a pointless reply with a copy and paste of the Delta earnings page, so replied back very bluntly asking whether FB is deliberately no longer awarding anything for domestic J flights on DL as per the FB earnings page, or is the FB page out of date, providing a link to the Delta page mentioning the changes...

Received the following on Wednesday
Not really surprising. When I called FB regarding this subject I was told new J while domestic earns no miles and that JFK-SJU earns more XP than LAX-JFK because it’s an international flight . They just follow whatever the charts show.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 10:54 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum; Hilton Gold
I have a DL domestic flight tomorrow in first class, which is in I fare (KL coded flights under 006 stock). KLM website sees them as "World Business Class", Air France website sees them as "Economy" (checked in via DL to make sure it's First Class ). Will report what I get.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 1:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
As data points, all my 2018 + 2019 domestic DL flights in F, either booked under DL or AF code posted correctly with 6 XPs (6 XPs when booked under DL code and 6 UXPs when booked under AF code for Ultimate re-qualification). Various fare codes, but a lot of J. So, to OP, you should be successful with a retroclaim.
paris1000 likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 11:09 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum; Hilton Gold
So, my DL flight in domestic first, under I fare, posted 6 XP correctly (SJC-LAX, 006 stock, KL coded).
paris1000 likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 11:34 pm
Original Poster

Goldorak and Sjondorn, that's good to know. I'll be persistent with FB in trying to get the correct number of XP.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 2:54 am

Programs: KL Plat
Just an update to my query about the new Delta fare classes...

I got a call as I was in the airbridge boarding a flight to CDG yesterday from Flying Blue. Unfortunately the operator couldn't hear me very well although I could hear him fine. Disappointingly he starts off by trying to explain that Skymiles and Flying Blue credit flights differently *bangs head*. Tried to tell him this has absolutely nothing to do with Skymiles but he couldn't hear me and I suggested to call me back in 2 hours once in Paris, which he seemed to understand and agree with. Of course I never got a call back.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 2:06 am

Programs: BA KL LH Hilton Marriott
Originally Posted by Sjondorn
I have a DL domestic flight tomorrow in first class, which is in I fare (KL coded flights under 006 stock). KLM website sees them as "World Business Class", Air France website sees them as "Economy" (checked in via DL to make sure it's First Class ). Will report what I get.
It really is time that someone in the IT department assigns a project to get these inter-carrier codes sorted
Old Feb 5, 2019, 7:20 am

Programs: FB LTPE, BAEC GGL, EK Blue, SK Gold, Marriott Amb+LTT, IHG Diamond Amb, Accorhotels Silver
Just contact FB through Flying Blue website, they are really good at fixing these things.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 1:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by olivedel
Just contact FB through Flying Blue website, they are really good at fixing these things.
No response to an email sent two weeks ago, so sent another email a few days ago. Will call if no response at end of this week.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.