Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No-guest lounge access at CDG 2D

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2018, 1:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meliá silver.
Originally Posted by ponchokatten
I can confirm this (Elite+). It happened to me mid-november (Business class ticket) on that very flight CDG>PRG, trying to bring a guest with me. I ended up loading up my bag with food, drinks and papers and taking them elsewhere to share with my guest. Went back for seconds.
Did you file a complaint? We should all complain to AF about this. This is the only way there is a chance they reconsider.
Goldorak likes this.
Old Dec 27, 2018, 3:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by carnarvon
Correct, but even if the metal is Skyteam, they do not allow a guest at CDG 2D.

Furthermore, you will agree that this Skyteam metal "rule" is nonsense. As long as we buy a ticket from AF, with an AF flight number, we should be treated the same as on any AF coded flight, shouldn't we? Especially when AF controls the access to the lounge via the contract they sign with Sheltair such as in CDG 2D.

In my latest case, this was not a cheap ticket. Over € 400 each. They sold one ticket to my client only because I insisted he flew AF coded (I knew we would have access to the lounge in HEL). Otherwise, he would have bought from AY.
I agree with you, but my point for Skyteam metal was that the rule is clearly written in the alliance benefits, so you have good grounds for a complaint, while the argument could be weaker for non-ST metal.
Old Dec 27, 2018, 3:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by carnarvon
Did you file a complaint? We should all complain to AF about this. This is the only way there is a chance they reconsider.
Agreed. Did you send yours (+ to ST) ?
Old Dec 27, 2018, 3:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Goldorak
I agree with you, but my point for Skyteam metal was that the rule is clearly written in the alliance benefits, so you have good grounds for a complaint, while the argument could be weaker for non-ST metal.
And furthermore, there are rules about flights that are SkyTeampartner coded/marketed/ticketed but not operated by a SkyTeam member not earning redeemable or status miles.
Old Dec 27, 2018, 7:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meliá silver.
Agreed. Did you send yours (+ to ST) ?
I did. Not to Skyteam though, as I was flying AY metal. I could, simply stating "I heard from lounge that ..."

Am flying to PRG soon, but made sure I was flying from 2F (AF metal) so as not to have the problem.
Old Dec 27, 2018, 7:41 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
And furthermore, there are rules about flights that are SkyTeampartner coded/marketed/ticketed but not operated by a SkyTeam member not earning redeemable or status miles.
True, but in the case of AF or KL coded flights, they earn mi!es and XP. in FB. This makes sense, as our money goes to AF or KL and FB is the native FFP of both airlines.

Lounge access benefits should be the same as with AF operated flights (such as in HEL), shouldn't they?
Old Mar 3, 2019, 2:42 pm

Programs: AZ Executive (STE+) - FB Silver (STÉ)- Lounge Key
CDG 2D -> PRG - AF coded / OK Metal - UX STE+ - Access granted to me ?

Originally Posted by ponchokatten
I can confirm this (Elite+). It happened to me mid-november (Business class ticket) on that very flight CDG>PRG, trying to bring a guest with me. I ended up loading up my bag with food, drinks and papers and taking them elsewhere to share with my guest. Went back for seconds.
Hello,
I will be flying fro CDG 2D to PRG on an AF coded OK metal flight.
As an Air Europa (UX) Gold (STE+), will I be even granted the access to the Sheltair lounge as a STE+ not OK nor FB?

If anyone as such an experience with any ST FFP different from OK/FB

Thx
Old Mar 3, 2019, 11:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by catsniper75
Hello,
I will be flying fro CDG 2D to PRG on an AF coded OK metal flight.
As an Air Europa (UX) Gold (STE+), will I be even granted the access to the Sheltair lounge as a STE+ not OK nor FB?

If anyone as such an experience with any ST FFP different from OK/FB

Thx
yes you will, but no guest apparently.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 9:54 am

Programs: AZ Executive (STE+) - FB Silver (STÉ)- Lounge Key

yes you will, but no guest apparently.
Travelling alone this time so no guest experience.

I don’t know, when I have shown my shiny UX Gold STE+ card, the dragon at the lounge entrance had to place a call to make sure I am entitled to get in...

No answer over the phone . Après 17h normal.

Then I started in French : 0.0 « well I am SkyTeam Elite Plus, Can’t You scan my BP to check in the system? »
« No I need a card » (just shown my STE+ card she obviously never saw in the past or she is mentioning something else...)
« Well, I am sure You are not entitled to but get in »

Seems that the shiny bag tag effect perfectly plopping on my carry-on’s handles + DYKWIA did work.

Hopefully I won’t be charged at the exit like the tolls, cuz there is no « Yellow Jackets » to leave me the way out 😂

Last edited by catsniper75; Mar 4, 2019 at 10:27 am
Old Jun 20, 2021, 4:58 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum For Life; ALL Platinum
I am flying early july with a ticket sold by AF with AF Coded flight on AirMalta Metal. The flight is now leaving from T2B; I read that T2B and T2D are now forming one terminal like T2A and T2C (altrough I was not able to find a map of the new terminal on Paris Aeroport Web site) .
Is the lounge in T2D open ? does any one has any experience recently to being a guest in this T2D lounge as I understand it was not possible in 2019.

I fly back on AF metal, so hopefully lounge access in Malta airport will be granted for me and my guest;
Old Jun 20, 2021, 12:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by pascalgr
I am flying early july with a ticket sold by AF with AF Coded flight on AirMalta Metal. The flight is now leaving from T2B; I read that T2B and T2D are now forming one terminal like T2A and T2C (altrough I was not able to find a map of the new terminal on Paris Aeroport Web site) .
Is the lounge in T2D open ? does any one has any experience recently to being a guest in this T2D lounge as I understand it was not possible in 2019.

I fly back on AF metal, so hopefully lounge access in Malta airport will be granted for me and my guest;
The junction building between 2B and 2D is indeed open, but once airside, I think only 2B is really open at the moment. In post covid mode, it will not really be a joint terminal as there will be a Schengen and a non-Schengen part.
For the lounge, no idea. I think you're the one who will tell us. Even if there is a lounge in 2B, be prepared for some disappointment potentially, as AF has cut back many arrangements around code-shares (not acceptable IMO but this is it). During the last 12 months, I heard and we read here on FT several cases of lounge access refused on code-share flights, even in 2F (if I remember well, we had someone here who reported being refused lounge access in 2F when flying Air Baltic booked under AF code and while this flight was leaving from 2F ).
pascalgr likes this.
Old Jun 20, 2021, 1:32 pm

The junction building between 2B and 2D is indeed open, but once airside, I think only 2B is really open at the moment. In post covid mode, it will not really be a joint terminal as there will be a Schengen and a non-Schengen part.
For the lounge, no idea. I think you're the one who will tell us. Even if there is a lounge in 2B, be prepared for some disappointment potentially, as AF has cut back many arrangements around code-shares (not acceptable IMO but this is it). During the last 12 months, I heard and we read here on FT several cases of lounge access refused on code-share flights, even in 2F (if I remember well, we had someone here who reported being refused lounge access in 2F when flying Air Baltic booked under AF code and while this flight was leaving from 2F ).
Thanks Goldorak , I will report back;
Old Jul 2, 2021, 1:00 am

As promised I report back : the lounge in T2D is well open but as expected no guest allowed. I chat with the friendly guy at the entrance and he confirms me that AF only allowed the card member to enter the lounge, he also find it strange as it is an AF code flight even if operateur by another carrier.
I will write AF to complain and see the answer they will do;
On a side note check even if checking is in 2B you access to boarding gates of 2B or 2D through the new building between 2D and 2B where the security check stand.
Goldorak likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.