Community
Wiki Posts
Search

China Southern leaving ST

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2019, 7:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Which this could be clear, because I would like to do a trip with CZ this year too.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 12:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by siw
I am considering using CZ for my winter holiday which could have the last flight into LHR on 31/12/2019 and not sure if I would earn anything on FB. Is the SkyTeam earning cut-off midnight (local time whereever that maybe) on 31/12/2019? I guess this is still unknown.
AFAIK, there has not been any official, clear statement to the flying public of the details of transitional arrangements.

A post on a thread on the Skyteam board on CZ leaving ST (post 21 in that thread) refers to a message to Taiwanese travel agents which is consistent with the cut-off point being 31/12/19. However, a flying date of 31/12 would be too close for comfort for me, especially in the absence of any official pronouncement to rely on. I suspect that it will probably be OK but I would not want to run the risk if, for instance, elite requalification was hanging on it (OTOH, it it was just the miles, that would be less of an issue for me and I would probably risk it).
Goldorak likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 8:22 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Miles & More
Flew PVG-DDG on CZ on Feb 4 in Y class and got the miles credited to my FB account within one day.
Old Mar 9, 2019, 5:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Any updates or news about China Southern? I have been trying to create an itinerary with them to go to Jeju this summer, but it is impossible to get anything remotely priced. Even to Seoul it is impossible. Could be that they have abandoned their codeshares with KLM and others in Europe? I was looking from FRA and DUS.

I did see an itinerary with CZ into Singapore for another trip, just €516 but involving two changes which has a domestic in China sandwiched in the middle. Not sure if that is possible without a visa for us. Have to say, the booking classes were ineligible for mileage credit as well, according to wheretocredit.com.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 10:36 am

Programs: FB Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hotels.com Silver,
Does anyone know if in April flying with the FB Platinum will still get you priority and access to the lounge with them?
Old Mar 18, 2019, 10:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by DukeOfSilesia
Does anyone know if in April flying with the FB Platinum will still get you priority and access to the lounge with them?
From the FB website:

Please don't ask when "further notice" may be made - keep an eye on the FB website instead!

Also bear in mind that lounge access requires a same day international Skyteam (or CZ!) flight somewhere on the same ticket...
Old Mar 18, 2019, 3:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Heck, I really hope this keeps going the whole year. I am seeing a really good fare into BKK in October around the €500 mark RT, so it would be great if I could still get my benefits and pick up a few XPs too.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 3:07 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Concerto
Heck, I really hope this keeps going the whole year. I am seeing a really good fare into BKK in October around the €500 mark RT, so it would be great if I could still get my benefits and pick up a few XPs too.
regardless of CZ leaving or not . be aware that these ''sweet deals'' from china southern/eastern often dont give anything miles/xp in flying blue , so pay attention to the booking code and check the charts
Goldorak and glennhaak like this.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 3:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by fifty_two
regardless of CZ leaving or not . be aware that these ''sweet deals'' from china southern/eastern often dont give anything miles/xp in flying blue , so pay attention to the booking code and check the charts
Agreed.

Besides, €500 on CZ doesn't sound like such a sweet deal when you can fly on AF or KL for around €550 return in October, or under €500 this very weekend! (Prices from GVA, where I think that poster is based, though I may be wrong!)
Old Mar 19, 2019, 4:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, indeed, the fare classes don't yield anything on CZ. And I don't know how much it would be to upgrade to something eligible or how difficult it will be to do so. Aerolfot seems to have lots more options, all of which earn miles and XPs.

If you're referring to me, I am indeed based near Geneva.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 5:19 pm

Thanks Concerto.. I asked this in the other thread but does Aeroflot give you XP in all the the fares?
Old Mar 20, 2019, 8:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DukeOfSilesia
Thanks Concerto.. I asked this in the other thread but does Aeroflot give you XP in all the the fares?
In Flying Blue, only AF and KL flights will give you XP "in all the fares".

For every other airline, you have to check the relevant partner page. When a fare class is not listed - or if your particular flight falls into the category or range of flight codes of any of the noted exceptions that may appear on any particular partner's page - then you earn no Flying Blue miles and no XPs.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 1:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

But I've found Aeroflot quite good with this. Most of the time, when I am quoted something on Expedia, the booking class fits. Which means I can just book it and not worry about having to upgrade the booking class. I've had a few razorblade moments with things like this in the past.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by Concerto
But I've found Aeroflot quite good with this. Most of the time, when I am quoted something on Expedia, the booking class fits. Which means I can just book it and not worry about having to upgrade the booking class. I've had a few razorblade moments with things like this in the past.
whats the easiest way to make sure the purchased rates qualify for the XPs ?
Old Mar 21, 2019, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If you can see the booking subclass (usually you can on Expedia, but they don't show Business booking subclasses whuch is naughty) you then compare it to the classes given on Flying Blue. I'd say it's essential to do this, because there are so many missing classes. I've even had some bad surprises in Business: for example, 0-class is not eligible on AirEuropa.

https://www.flyingblue.ch/en/partner...lse&earn=false

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.