Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bank of America Flying Blue USA Credit Card

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2018, 4:08 am

Programs: FB Gold
Originally Posted by bodory
So now there is a Flying Blue credit card providing XPs and it is not available in France or The Netherlands...
I believe the FB cards in Europe provide XP points annually as well

Silver = 15XP
Gold = 30XP
Plat = 60XP
Old Oct 18, 2018, 5:08 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum | Flying Blue Petroleum | Hilton Gold | Marriott Gold | Shangri-La Jade
Originally Posted by mlin32

Silver = 15XP
Gold = 30XP
Plat = 60XP
Yes this is correct. And you can upgrade from silver/gold to gold/platinum just after you had your annual XP, to benefit of 15+30 XP or 30+60XP
Old Oct 18, 2018, 6:34 pm

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by mlin32

Silver = 15XP
Gold = 30XP
Plat = 60XP
Originally Posted by glennhaak
Yes this is correct. And you can upgrade from silver/gold to gold/platinum just after you had your annual XP, to benefit of 15+30 XP or 30+60XP
Shame on me
My deepest apologies for this mistake.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 7:02 pm

I applied and was approved a couple of days ago and 60 XP just posted to my flying blue account. What's odd is it it tells me to earn 100 XP by Dec 31, 2018 to make it Silver, but I thought I would have 12 months from the first XP earned (i.e. 12 months from today). Does it mean I will lose the 60 XP on Jan 1, 2019 if I don't qualify for Silver by Dec 31, 2018?
Old Oct 18, 2018, 11:44 pm

Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Angeleno228
I applied and was approved a couple of days ago and 60 XP just posted to my flying blue account. What's odd is it it tells me to earn 100 XP by Dec 31, 2018 to make it Silver, but I thought I would have 12 months from the first XP earned (i.e. 12 months from today). Does it mean I will lose the 60 XP on Jan 1, 2019 if I don't qualify for Silver by Dec 31, 2018?
Yes. Except if you had a status change since 1st of April (or open your account after 1st of April?), the qualification period for everyone is till 31st of December.
Old Oct 19, 2018, 7:44 am

Originally Posted by Mirk
Yes. Except if you had a status change since 1st of April (or open your account after 1st of April?), the qualification period for everyone is till 31st of December.
If that's the case, that's a bummer, and anyone with an older FB account wanting more time to qualify for elite status including the 60 XP should not apply until after Jan 1.

Last edited by Angeleno228; Oct 19, 2018 at 7:53 am
Old Oct 19, 2018, 11:11 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum; Hilton Gold
I got my XP today (i.e. 2 days after approval). So if you're waiting with the application XP boost till you know you get your status, you can always apply in December or when you know you're gonna get it. Wish they used priority shipping for the card though.
Old Nov 1, 2018, 6:56 am

Will purchases on this card extend the expiration date of my FB miles? This would be really great as I have 50K miles expiring in July 2019 and wasn't planning to fly before that time. I read all the terms and google searched for 2 days, but nowhere could I find the answer to this question.
Old Nov 1, 2018, 7:33 pm

Programs: FB Plat
Originally Posted by Klems
The anniversary 20XP are also a nice kick start to the account (I don't think I would ever spend 15k a year on that card [to get the 40 XP bonus], since it's more interesting in the US to use for instance the Amex Plat, which nets 5 points per dollar instead of just 3 with this card).
I can easily meet the $15k spending requirement, so for me this card is a great deal since that 60 XP every year will save me at least two mileage runs.
Old Nov 3, 2018, 5:15 am

Programs: FB Gold
I wish the US card had contactless, kind of a key feature of most cards thesedays in Europe. Oh well
Old Jan 25, 2019, 3:49 am

For those still interested in signing up, 2 data points:

1 - I've been denied twice for this card already, and I think it's mostly because of my relationship with Bank of America. I used to bank with them, but I closed all my accounts a couple of years ago and apparently they tend to deny people who have no relationship with them. So that sucks.

2 - Not sure it's been mentioned, but for those interested in signing up, I've seen a better offer online. When I purchase a plane ticket on Air France website, when I am in the latest pages of booking (I think around the payment page?) sometimes I see an offer that also has a $100 statement credit on top of the rest.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 5:28 pm

Any word or update on if this card will extend all miles in your account?

I would think if the French/Dutch version of the card offer the option, I would think the US card would offer that as well eliminating the need to book a flight in order to extend FB miles- am I correct with this line of thinking?
Old Mar 3, 2019, 4:54 am

Miles do extend with this card

Got the answer today after waiting for a few months for someone to reply to my post (#23). Applied for the card, met spend and 5 days or so later saw miles posted with new expiration 2 years from now.
nwflyboy, paris1000 and Timetospa like this.
Old May 31, 2019, 9:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My application was declined due to "too many recent accounts". I do have Premium Rewards Visa opened in Sept 2018. Will it work if I close my Premium Rewards Visa and reapply?
Old Sep 3, 2019, 7:56 am

I re-applied for this card yesterday, and I was finally approved (after being denied twice before)! I think it's because I got approved for the Alaska card a few months ago - also with Bank of America - and it might have put my account in a better standing than it was before.

I had mentioned this before, but if some of you are still looking to apply, don't use the public link available. Go to the US website of Air France, make a dummy booking and go all the way to the payment page. There is usually an offer for the card at the bottom of the page with better terms (for instance the one I used had a $150 credit on top of everything else, which basically pays for almost 2 years of annual fee).

I'll update when the 60 XPs post, hopefully sometime this week.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.