Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How to book award tickets with forced overnights?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2018, 12:08 pm
Original Poster

How to book award tickets with forced overnights?

I am trying to book OTP-AMS-SEA-SLC operated by KL, DL, DL, with an overnight in AMS. All connections less than 24 hours. Each leg is available as an award: the KLM flight is available on DL website and the DL flights are available on FB and VS websites (AMS-SEA and SEA-SLC individually are available on FB and VS, but not AMS-SEA-SLC when searching for AMS-SLC).

How to book this over the phone and have it priced origin to destination instead of as a sum in miles of the three individual segments?

Are FB agents able to long sell?
Old Oct 31, 2018, 12:56 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Accor Gold
If you are calling FB from North America, they are usually very friendly but not able to help.

It seems like that FB runs a phone center in somewhere in Central America to catch all calls in North and South America.

I tried it once earlier with all segments available individually, but they were not able to pull the flights out. They tried, no luck, and told me there can be city pairs that you may find award availability for each segment but not being able to redeem. (e.g. YUL-ATL-PTP-CAY)

But it never hurts to ask.
Old Oct 31, 2018, 9:56 pm
Original Poster

The US number was useless. I have called UK, Netherlands and Singapore/Australia and they all directed to the Mauritius call center at this time of the day. I will try again tomorrow morning.
Old Nov 1, 2018, 10:12 am
Original Poster

Calling UK, Netherlands and Singapore/Australia in the evening US time all directed to the Mauritius call center.

Calling the UK number in the US morning directed to the Czech Republic call center and she was able to construct the itinerary manually, but her system would not take the last DL SEA-SLC flight, even though it had booking class O availability. Her words were "DL doesn't let us".
Old Nov 9, 2018, 6:48 am
Original Poster

I have finally been successful in ticketing OTP-LHR-SLC with an overnight in London at 72,000 miles one way in J. Done very easily by the Mauritius call center. 48 hours hold given and transfers from Citi and Chase posted instantly.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 7:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I would suggest trying the Air France Flying Blue number, they seem to be very helpful. Went out of their way for me once.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 11:19 am
Original Poster

I did try the France phone number first, but they were closed. Then the UK number redirected to the Mauritius call center.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.