Wiki Posts
Search

KLM gift cards?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2017, 10:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA, SPG
KLM gift cards?

I'm looking to spend $1k on KLM to earn an Amex bonus, but I'm not ready to buy any tickets yet. Do they sell KLM gift cards/certificates on the KLM.US website? I've looked around and can't find anything.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 10:55 am

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meliá silver.
Originally Posted by gordonlee33
I'm looking to spend $1k on KLM to earn an Amex bonus, but I'm not ready to buy any tickets yet. Do they sell KLM gift cards/certificates on the KLM.US website? I've looked around and can't find anything.
Not sure what you mean with gift card. Something for friends to buy tickets?

If you need bonus miles, then why not buy a fully flexible/refundable ticket for a departure in the distant future.

This will generate Amex miles now.

If you fly a bit, you will be able to change the ticket. Worst case scenario is you
ask for your money back before the ticket expires.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 11:05 am

Aren't gift cards and other "money" products usually excluded from such offers?
irishguy28 likes this.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 11:20 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by carnarvon
Not sure what you mean with gift card. Something for friends to buy tickets?

If you need bonus miles, then why not buy a fully flexible/refundable ticket for a departure in the distant future.

This will generate Amex miles now.

If you fly a bit, you will be able to change the ticket. Worst case scenario is you
ask for your money back before the ticket expires.

Yes, I guess that is a better idea!
Old Nov 6, 2017, 11:22 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CyBeR
Aren't gift cards and other "money" products usually excluded from such offers?
I didn't read the fine print, but the offer simply said 'spend $1000 or more on the klm.us website..."

In any case I now think the idea from Carnarvon is the best way to go.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 1:38 pm
Original Poster

Easier said than done...

can anyone tell me how to book a refundable fare on klm.com/us? I've spent close to an hour playing around with the website and can't find anyway to actually specify that I want to shop for a refundable fare.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 2:25 pm

Book on airfrance.com instead, or if it must be specifically KLM, book over the phone.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 2:30 pm

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meliá silver.
Easier said than done...

Can anyone tell me how to book a refundable fare on klm.com/us? I've spent close to an hour playing around with the website and can't find anyway to actually specify that I want to shop for a refundable fare.
Try biz fares.

Otherwise, call them.

There is no fee for booking over the phone when the fare is not available on line.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 4:02 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CyBeR
Book on airfrance.com instead, or if it must be specifically KLM, book over the phone.
Has to be booked with KLM. Guess I'll have to do it over the phone.
Old Nov 22, 2017, 4:17 pm

Have you received the credit?
Old Dec 26, 2017, 2:33 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold
Also has to originate in the US...

Did you manage to find an answer to what you were looking for?
Old Dec 27, 2017, 4:37 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
When buying on klm.us is the ticket not processed by Delta anyway? (So probably shows up as a Delta payment on the card)
Old Dec 27, 2017, 4:40 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Xandrios
When buying on klm.us is the ticket not processed by Delta anyway? (So probably shows up as a Delta payment on the card)
The terms would suggest that any purchase over $1k for airfare departing the US booked through www.KLM.us, their app or their call center would work:

Originally Posted by AmEx
PURCHASES: Offer valid for purchases made directly with KLM Royal Dutch Airlines through US website www.klm.us, via US mobile app, or by calling KLM US Service Centre. Flight must originate in US and transactions must be in USD to qualify. Not valid on purchases made through international sites. Excludes KLM Package Deals, City Pass Amsterdam, car rentals, hotel bookings, tours & activities, ground transportation & airport transfers, Shop@KLM purchases, purchase of miles, lounge access fees and purchases through partner, third party sites linking to/from klm.us. Purchases may fall outside of the offer period in some cases due to a delay in merchants submitting transactions to us or if the purchase date differs from the date you made the transaction (for example, the purchase date for online orders may be the shipping date). If American Express does not receive information that identifies your transaction as qualifying for the offer, you will not receive the additional points. For example, your transaction will not qualify if it is not made directly with the merchant. In addition, in most cases, you may not receive the additional Membership Rewards points if your transaction is made with an electronic wallet or through a third party. EARNING POINTS: Limit 1 enrolled Card per American Express Card online account and limit of 20,000 additional Membership Rewards points per Card. These additional points are in addition to any points you would normally receive for purchases on your Card under the terms of your Card Member Agreement and the Membership Rewards program. When we calculate the additional points benefit for Amex EveryDay® Card products, points awarded under this offer will not be included. Additional points will be credited to your Program account within 90 days after 12/31/2017, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase. Terms and conditions for the Membership Rewards program apply. Visit membershiprewards.com/terms or call 1-800-AXP EARN (297-3276) for more information. Participating partners and available rewards are subject to change without notice. The value of Membership Rewards points varies according to how you choose to use them. To learn more, go to www.membershiprewards.com/pointsinfo. By adding an offer to a Card, you agree that American Express may send you communications about the offer. Bonus ID: B3RX POID: G9QP:0001
Old Jul 25, 2018, 8:55 pm

Programs: Delta PM, HHonors Diamond (Aspire)
I wonder if anyone suspects what might trigger this AMEX promo? There was another one June-July, but I was not targeted, sadly...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.