Community
Wiki Posts
Search

First experience at CDG as Silver/Skyteam Elite

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2018, 12:16 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Last year when flying CDG-ARN as a ST Elite I was directed to the coach boarding line. The signs said there would be Sky Priority, then Elite/Petroleum Boarding then Economy but they never bothered with the middle one so I just boarded with everyone in Y.
Old Jul 21, 2018, 2:42 pm

Programs: AZ Executive (STE+) - FB Silver (STÉ)- Lounge Key
Originally Posted by CMK10
Last year when flying CDG-ARN as a ST Elite I was directed to the coach boarding line. The signs said there would be Sky Priority, then Elite/Petroleum Boarding then Economy but they never bothered with the middle one so I just boarded with everyone in Y.
Hi CMK,

It seems that STE boarding procedure enforcement is a totally random one in CDG...

Given that AF passengers are mostly even queuing up in Y lane at least 30 min prior gate opens, (never seen that in other airlines) , our SE privileges are sacked if we are supposed to ask ourself our way up in the lane to Y Pax standing...

Wondering what would happen if a an Elite pax manage his way to enter the SP lane (no dragon) and scan his Elite BP being de facto registered as a boarded pax.
Will he/she be detected / stuck by the Boarding dragon at the scanning stage (if any beep or screen visible indication) and asked to pull over waiting for STE+ or even worse the Y or let gone through the jetway?
it Seems crazy
Old Jul 21, 2018, 4:20 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
In my experience, scanners don't check for priority lane eligibility. They simply check if there's changes to BP info to manifest info (I.e. your seat changed, class change, etc.) and if you are actually on that flight. I've never had it flag wife / companions that aren't STE+. Also have seen plenty of silvers or non-elites feign confusion and stand in SP lines and got scanned and motioned through.
Old Jul 21, 2018, 5:09 pm

Originally Posted by caliform
In my experience, scanners don't check for priority lane eligibility. They simply check if there's changes to BP info to manifest info (I.e. your seat changed, class change, etc.) and if you are actually on that flight. I've never had it flag wife / companions that aren't STE+. Also have seen plenty of silvers or non-elites feign confusion and stand in SP lines and got scanned and motioned through.
Hi,
If I understand it well, SP eligibility consists in a visual check of BPs (at lane entry or scanning point) before scanning the BP, even when matching names of the PC?

Old Jul 23, 2018, 2:25 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
Originally Posted by catsniper75

Hi,
If I understand it well, SP eligibility consists in a visual check of BPs (at lane entry or scanning point) before scanning the BP, even when matching names of the PC?

correct ! this is checked by agents visually , the only thing the gate can show are infos about passenger (maybe status is included also) which are available from the barcode of the boarding pass
Old Nov 4, 2018, 7:06 am

2E - STE Drop off lane ?

Hello,

I am a Silver member under UX FFP (STE). At the
opposite way of 2F, STE seems not to be allowed in SP bags drop l-off lane.

Do you know where is located the lane for silver STE? An AF agent told me that it should be on Check- in zone 2. Which was not true.

Any experience?

thank you
Old Nov 4, 2018, 6:35 pm

Programs: Many
In August, I was accompanying a family member for checkin with AF at CDG2E.

She is FB Silver and was traveling Y. When inquiring to AF ground staff where she could do checkin as FB Silver, she was firmly directed to the regular (also crowded) Economy line.

Old Nov 4, 2018, 11:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by bodory
In August, I was accompanying a family member for checkin with AF at CDG2E.

She is FB Silver and was traveling Y. When inquiring to AF ground staff where she could do checkin as FB Silver, she was firmly directed to the regular (also crowded) Economy line.

IIRC, this was decided by Bruno Matheu just before he left for EY, because SkyP zones were (and still are) too crowded. Too many people are eligible to SkyP services. Whether they made the right choice with Silver is of course debatable. But overall, there is a consensus that Silver status in FB is pretty useless.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 3:33 am

Programs: Many
I am totally fine with FB Silver / ST Elite not having access to SkyPriority services since those are reserved to Elite Plus.

So SkyPriority zones being (indeed) too crowded is one thing.
And Enforcing the SkyTeam benefit of priority checkin for Elites is another one. Specially when it comes to your own Elites at your home base.

Now I agree on the totally useless Silver status. Which raises the question: will a disappointed Silver pax will make an extra effort of loyalty to go to Gold or vote with his/her feet and build a en entry level elite status with another airline able to enforce their own rule? Apparently AF has considered/decided the former
Old Nov 5, 2018, 3:52 am
Accor Contributor Badge

As far as i ve seen , in france this rule is applied only in CDG (i dont know for other french airports besides NCE and PTP) , and in AMS only SP boarding priority is really enforced (elite plus first then elite)

in other countries no problems , ground staff is more concerned by getting the job done (checkin , dropoff , boarding) as soon as possible , so most of the times it wont be an issue

Last edited by fifty_two; Nov 5, 2018 at 5:25 am
Old Nov 5, 2018, 2:17 pm

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by fifty_two
in AMS only SP boarding priority is really enforced (elite plus first then elite)
Rather I'd say that in AMS, priority checkin is enforced, but FB Silver are officially invited to use it.
Don't know about security, I always just used the Privium card.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 2:36 pm

Programs: DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Gold, Avis President's Club
I'm a DL Plat flying later this month one way CDG-DUB in economy on a FB mileage. Am I entitled to any Skyteam Elite benefits? No where on res does it allow me to input ST/DL info. Thanks/Merci!
Old Nov 6, 2018, 1:58 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by jjbri
I'm a DL Plat flying later this month one way CDG-DUB in economy on a FB mileage. Am I entitled to any Skyteam Elite benefits? No where on res does it allow me to input ST/DL info. Thanks/Merci!
yes you are . is this flight operated by air france ??? you can find your PNR and then try to add your delta id

Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
Rather I'd say that in AMS, priority checkin is enforced, but FB Silver are officially invited to use it.
ok , for this part i cant really say much , ive been outside AMS only twice in my life

Last edited by fifty_two; Nov 6, 2018 at 2:12 am
Old Nov 6, 2018, 5:44 am

Programs: DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Gold, Avis President's Club
[QUOTE=fifty_two;30398743]yes you are . is this flight operated by air france ??? you can find your PNR and then try to add your delta id

Thanks fifty_two...yes an AF flt. Guess will call AF as can not see anywhere on PNR to insert DL Plat #.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.