FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-klm-other-partners-flying-blue-594/)
-   -   Alitalia F class on intra-European? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-klm-other-partners-flying-blue/1666618-alitalia-f-class-intra-european.html)

NickB Mar 27, 2015 3:21 am

Alitalia F class on intra-European?

The FB site explicitly lists excluded classes for AZ but "F" class is listed neither in the included nor the excluded classes. I take it that non-listing will still be equivalent to delisting and that this probably means that it is excluded, though?

It is a deep-discounted class earning only 25% in Millemiglia so that would not be surprising.

Xandrios Mar 27, 2015 3:25 am

Generally when fare classes are not listed, they do not earn anything. Unless (there is always an unless ;)) the fare class is new and they simply have not updated the website yet...

However since it earns so little miles in MileMiglia I would expect it to earn 0% with Flying Blue indeed..

orbitmic Mar 27, 2015 3:56 am

I think that AZ changed some of their bucket structure a month or two ago (as a result of the closer ties with EY?) and I don't think FB have adapted anything as yet. If things go the same way as with SU, it might take months before they give any credit :(

Calchas Mar 27, 2015 6:20 pm

Originally Posted by orbitmic (Post 24572569)
I think that AZ changed some of their bucket structure a month or two ago (as a result of the closer ties with EY?) and I don't think FB have adapted anything as yet. If things go the same way as with SU, it might take months before they give any credit :(

I once managed to bully Flying Blue into giving me credit for a sudden Delta fare bucket change (was this the X class??) ... good luck to NickB. :)

NickB Mar 28, 2015 3:36 am

Originally Posted by Calchas (Post 24576550)
I once managed to bully Flying Blue into giving me credit for a sudden Delta fare bucket change (was this the X class??) ... good luck to NickB. :)

We will see how it goes but if it does not post, I don't think that I will bother chasing it up. There are only so many seconds of one's life that are worth wasting in a quest for 450 FB miles. :)

Calchas Mar 28, 2015 5:04 am

Originally Posted by NickB (Post 24577814)
We will see how it goes but if it does not post, I don't think that I will bother chasing it up. There are only so many seconds of one's life that are worth wasting in a quest for 450 FB miles. :)

in those days I needed the segments!

NickB Mar 29, 2015 6:52 am

Originally Posted by Calchas (Post 24578021)
in those days I needed the segments!

Yes, I can see that the stakes are higher if you are after segments (or just need a handful of miles to get up to the next level). I should make it to Plat on points (just about) this year so I can live with this one being zero miles/segments.