Alitalia F class on intra-European?

Old Mar 27, 2015, 3:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Alitalia F class on intra-European?

The FB site explicitly lists excluded classes for AZ but "F" class is listed neither in the included nor the excluded classes. I take it that non-listing will still be equivalent to delisting and that this probably means that it is excluded, though?

It is a deep-discounted class earning only 25% in Millemiglia so that would not be surprising.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 3:25 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Generally when fare classes are not listed, they do not earn anything. Unless (there is always an unless ) the fare class is new and they simply have not updated the website yet...

However since it earns so little miles in MileMiglia I would expect it to earn 0% with Flying Blue indeed..
Old Mar 27, 2015, 3:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
I think that AZ changed some of their bucket structure a month or two ago (as a result of the closer ties with EY?) and I don't think FB have adapted anything as yet. If things go the same way as with SU, it might take months before they give any credit
Old Mar 27, 2015, 6:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by orbitmic
I think that AZ changed some of their bucket structure a month or two ago (as a result of the closer ties with EY?) and I don't think FB have adapted anything as yet. If things go the same way as with SU, it might take months before they give any credit
I once managed to bully Flying Blue into giving me credit for a sudden Delta fare bucket change (was this the X class??) ... good luck to NickB.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 3:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Calchas
I once managed to bully Flying Blue into giving me credit for a sudden Delta fare bucket change (was this the X class??) ... good luck to NickB.
We will see how it goes but if it does not post, I don't think that I will bother chasing it up. There are only so many seconds of one's life that are worth wasting in a quest for 450 FB miles.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 5:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NickB
We will see how it goes but if it does not post, I don't think that I will bother chasing it up. There are only so many seconds of one's life that are worth wasting in a quest for 450 FB miles.
in those days I needed the segments!
Old Mar 29, 2015, 6:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Calchas
in those days I needed the segments!
Yes, I can see that the stakes are higher if you are after segments (or just need a handful of miles to get up to the next level). I should make it to Plat on points (just about) this year so I can live with this one being zero miles/segments.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.