Search

Status change in the middle of an itinerary

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2012, 5:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: FB GOLD, IHG Platinum, HHonors GOLD, A|Club Platinum
Status change in the middle of an itinerary

hi Guys,
i have a question. I enrolled in FB in january and i have 14 eligible segments so far. I am still ivory (loser status) but i will turn silver next week.

My question is: i have a 2 segment flight booked. The short haul will turn myself into silver with access to economy comfort seats and all the amenities.
Do you thing that it is possible to call air france and give me the possibility to benefit silver advantages for the long haul flight or i have to complete the itinerary?

The short haul is a qualifying flight.

I tryed to contact airfrance via the support page but it has been unavailable since 2 hours.

thanks
Simone
Old Mar 23, 2012, 5:43 pm

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
Welcome to Flyertalk!

It is highly unlikely AF/KL/FB will give you the benefits is your status hasn't gone trough yet. That is when the miles post. Usually less than a week IME.

However, it never harms to ask!

BTW Silver gives you access to a DISCOUNT on Economy Comfort. It is not for Elites only so if you really value it, you'd still be able to purchase it.
Old Mar 23, 2012, 9:49 pm

Programs: FB Gold; Qantas FF Silver
Bad luck I am afraid. Same situation a year ago (though from silver to gold), but it takes 2-3 days before the flights are processed in the systems and systems is what counts.
Hopefully you will enjoy the benefits (priority check in, boarding and Eco comfort) on your return leg.
Old Mar 24, 2012, 3:15 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM)

Programs: Flying Blue (AF/KL)
update status

Once your status has updated on your FB profile you need to have your FB number removed from your already made booking and it needs to be re-entered to have it updated.
You can call reservations to have this done or at the airport.

Gajan
Old Mar 24, 2012, 6:12 am
Original Poster

thanks guys.
i will give it a try at CDG airport to ask. Luckily my return will be with the silver benefits.
Old Mar 24, 2012, 6:14 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by slater82
thanks guys.
i will give it a try at CDG airport to ask. Luckily my return will be with the silver benefits.
Take a copy of your mileage statement to show you're really just one flight from status.

BTW You're quite on your way if you already have 14 segments since January, will you make Gold/Plat on AFKL this year?
Old Mar 24, 2012, 10:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KLflyerRalph
Take a copy of your mileage statement to show you're really just one flight from status.

BTW You're quite on your way if you already have 14 segments since January, will you make Gold/Plat on AFKL this year?
yes, i should easily reach GOLD by the end of july/August.
i have 20 segments booked by now.. so just another round trip and a couple for vacation and i am almost done. I fly mostly in economy / economy premium so it is easier for me to use the segments instead of miles to gain status.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 8:44 am

Programs: FB Gold, M&S Gold, QF Gold
I'm in the same situation but from silver to gold, I have a flight to China next month and on the first leg I will change my status to gold.

Didn't know I had to re enter my FB number on my return flight.

Thanks for the info.
Old Apr 1, 2012, 12:11 pm

Programs: BA - Silver,Hilton-Diamond, IHG - PlatAmb, GHA - Plat
rmorales, ask them to do it at checkin is the easiest way to do it, and as has been said take a copy of your mileage statement, or do as i did save a copy of the Gold card to my phone and have then AF / KLM app on your phone to show them that you are gold.. It worked for me, last december..
Old Apr 2, 2012, 4:18 am
Original Poster

Guys,
Just to let you know that i tried to ask at cdg skyteam desk but they told me that until the flights are not loaded into the system, is like they don't exist. So no status change recognized.

Someone else with better luck?
Old Apr 4, 2012, 6:46 am

Programs: FB Gold, M&S Gold, QF Gold
Originally Posted by atmorris
rmorales, ask them to do it at checkin is the easiest way to do it, and as has been said take a copy of your mileage statement, or do as i did save a copy of the Gold card to my phone and have then AF / KLM app on your phone to show them that you are gold.. It worked for me, last december..
Thanks for the tip, I already have the AF app on my phone. Hope it works!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.