Wiki Posts
Search

Premium voyageur mileage

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2011, 9:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: KL Platinum
Premium voyageur mileage

I recently purchased a ticket from CDG to SFO, booked in premium voyageur. I understood I would be eligible for some 6000 miles for this fare. Due to a last minute change in plan I had to prepone my trip by several days. This cost me eur 256, and as premium voyageur was not available on the aircraft type I was rebooked in economy (although I was not advised of this at the time of rebooking.) Ultimately I upgraded to Affaires on the day of departure by paying out 32500 miles.

Unfortunately I have not received any miles for my trip. I believe I am entitled to at least the economy miles (if not the premium voyageur miles) but am hoping that some of you experts can shed some light on the matter.

Last edited by Victor88; Jul 9, 2011 at 9:50 am
Old Jul 9, 2011, 10:20 am

Programs: FB, MM, QM, ES, KF & LP / HH, HGP & SPG
Originally Posted by Victor88
I recently purchased a ticket from CDG to SFO, booked in premium voyageur. I understood I would be eligible for some 6000 miles for this fare. Due to a last minute change in plan I had to prepone my trip by several days. This cost me eur 256, and as premium voyageur was not available on the aircraft type I was rebooked in economy (although I was not advised of this at the time of rebooking.) Ultimately I upgraded to Affaires on the day of departure by paying out 32500 miles.

Unfortunately I have not received any miles for my trip. I believe I am entitled to at least the economy miles (if not the premium voyageur miles) but am hoping that some of you experts can shed some light on the matter.
You should get the miles for your Y ticket.
If it takes more than a week or so to post them, then I suggest to claim the missing miles online.
Old Jul 11, 2011, 2:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
So your Flying Blue account shows the flights, in O class, with zero miles allotted?

If that's the case, don't claim online. Ring Flying Blue. O is the class used for both Business Award tickets, and upgrades to Business. Because pure award bookings earn no miles, O class posts as zero miles. Ring Flying Blue and explain to the agent that a flight you had upgraded has posted without giving you the due miles. They'll sort it out in a matter of minutes.
Old Jul 12, 2011, 4:36 am

W fare on Delta

Hi,

As I don't want to start a new thread, I might try it here. Is there any news about mileage earning with DL-coded W fares operated by AF (PV)? I saw on the FB website that the Delta earning chart has been updated with the new E fare (25%) but still nothing about W fares. Does anybody know if a W fare on a DL coded flight earns any FB miles? I called KLM and they told me it won't earn any miles if the fare is not listed in the chart. Is that correct?

Thank you very much.
Thijs
Old Jul 12, 2011, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Thijs
Hi,
Hi Thijs, and welcome!

Originally Posted by Thijs
As I don't want to start a new thread, I might try it here.
The relevant thread would have been the New booking classes and FB Earnings! thread, which is stickied at the top of the FB forum page.

I would direct you particularly to this post made by Mokshu in which (s)he links to a self-made spreadsheet showing the new earning rates for all SkyTeam airlines.

Unfortunately, it seems from that that W on Delta won't earn you anything in Flying Blue.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news!
Old Jul 12, 2011, 9:21 am

Programs: Flying Blue Ivory, EasyJet Plus, Club Corsair Gold, Thalys TheCard Platinum, Navigo 1-5
I updated the DL tab to reflect changes which happened on JUNE 8th:

C now earns 175% iso 150%
S now earns 125% iso 150%
M now earns 100% iso 75%
H now earns 75% iso 50%
E now earns 25%.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.