Wiki Posts
Search

Flying Blue is Launched!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2005, 4:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
Flying Blue is Launched!!!!!!!!

What a priviledge! I am the first one to announce it! Go on the Air France Web page and you will see all the new features!!
Old Jun 5, 2005, 4:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton Gold, BA Gold
bye bye Frequence Plus we will never forget you

by the way: promotions will start in august
Old Jun 5, 2005, 4:37 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by chrissxb
Absolument. Well done ^

Last edited by JOUY31; Jun 5, 2005 at 4:43 am
Old Jun 5, 2005, 4:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

another good one about the FB website

very good engine for award tickets (AZ,OK,KL,AF, ... )
Old Jun 5, 2005, 4:50 am

Programs: DL PLAT / HH GOLD
Hmm, when looking for awards, it only shows AF/KL flights.....,where do you see all this other airlines?
Old Jun 5, 2005, 4:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

i tried STR BUD in business and it shows AZ and OK flights
I think it depends on your destinations. if there are easier connections
via other Skyteam hubs, you can go for it.
Old Jun 5, 2005, 4:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
I had a look, changed my details, got a new PIN and then got a message that I was not authorised and should contact FB in my own country - now just where is FB in the UK ?

I expect it will be OK tomorrow, the launch date.
Old Jun 5, 2005, 5:18 am

Programs: Air France Platinum - Qatar Airways Gold
Fréquence Plus: RIP

Already here on Air France's website whereas KLM seems a little bit late :
De nieuwe Flying Blue-kaarten zijn pas vanaf 6 juni geldig. Ons systeem zal de Flying Blue-kaart voor die datum niet herkennen. Tot 6 juni kunt u gebruik blijven maken van uw Flying Dutchman-kaart.
The login cookie is a nice new feature. BTW, still no official new accrual table

Promos in August? When everybody will be abroad, on award tickets or mileage runs?
Old Jun 5, 2005, 5:25 am

Programs: CebGo 5J, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Alaska 100K
Originally Posted by Falco Peregrinus
Already here on Air France's website whereas KLM seems a little bit late :

The login cookie is a nice new feature. BTW, still no official new accrual table

Seems pretty clear to me - 100% for all economy fares outside of domestic France. I thought there were all sorts of exceptions but the site seems clear to me.
Old Jun 5, 2005, 5:31 am

Programs: FB Silver, BA Silver, BD Gold rememberer, IHG Diamond Royal Ambassador, Hilton and Marriott Gold
Does anyone else have problem with accessing their account? I can log in and see the overall balance, but the site hangs when I click on the detailed account. Maybe millions of customers are updating their profiles to FB right now...
Old Jun 5, 2005, 5:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF FB Platinum For Life (F+ Rouge Vintage®) / Hertz President's Circle / SNCF Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by Richelieu
Does anyone else have problem with accessing their account? I can log in and see the overall balance, but the site hangs when I click on the detailed account. Maybe millions of customers are updating their profiles to FB right now...
No, I can see the details, but the site is hanging on me and booting me out of my browser (Safari) with annoying regularity ... looks like a few bugs, perhaps.
Old Jun 5, 2005, 5:34 am

Here we go again! Colkurt has launched an inaugural thread about FB's birth that immediately turns into a "L=25%" dispute!

My fault... I apologize
Old Jun 5, 2005, 5:38 am

Originally Posted by Richelieu
Maybe millions of customers are updating their profiles to FB right now...
It doesn't seem to be necessary. Every Frequence Plus profile information is still there (address, phone, company's address. Mine is not in the system yet so it shows the 1st country of the list which turns out to be.... Afganistan ).
Old Jun 5, 2005, 5:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF FB Platinum For Life (F+ Rouge Vintage®) / Hertz President's Circle / SNCF Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by chrissxb
Fréquence Plus est mort, vive Fréquence Plus!

It's interesting that they no longer display the EQMs you need to qualify for each level in the program.
Old Jun 5, 2005, 5:44 am

Programs: FB Silver, BA Silver, BD Gold rememberer, IHG Diamond Royal Ambassador, Hilton and Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Falco Peregrinus

The page explaining mileage earning with airlines has been redone for FB. New partners, for example, are included. It's definitely not the same page as before, for F+.

Somehow, I expect the official-as-published-on-AF-own-website rules to change in the next few days, to match what's in Amadeus and was told by flyaircanada.

As a reminder, it's now:

1000 in Y, 500 in W, E, A and 250 for any other for domestic flights.

100% for Tempo, 200% for Tempo Challenge and l'Espace Affaires in Europe (with a minimul of 750 miles).

100%, 150% and 300% for long-haul flights in Tempo, Affaires and Première respectively (with a minimum of 750).

As a side note, I will stay in a Campanile hotel in Dijon this evening, and I will have the opportunity to give my FB card to an employee there on the first day of the launching of the program. I'll keep you informed if they are well-trained with FB or if they look at me silly (you know earn miles with several hotel chains according to the website).

Last edited by Richelieu; Jun 5, 2005 at 5:48 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.