Search

[Currently closed] AF arrivals lounge in CDG 2C

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2015, 1:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by tris06
Was it noticeably quieter than before? I would guess Skyteam elite + would make up a good 20-40% of lounge users before this change.
My alternative guess, and limited experience, is that it has always been mostly AF J pax because those are the only ones who were made aware of the existence of the lounge. Maybe in recent times, partly thanks to Flyertalk and other sites, there have been a rash of people flying other ST airlines and they had to limit things to keep the lounge from getting crowded.
Old May 18, 2015, 12:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by tris06
Was it noticeably quieter than before? I would guess Skyteam elite + would make up a good 20-40% of lounge users before this change.
Yes, it was quieter than usual, but there was still a short waiting list for the shower (3 pax before me) but the wait was short (<10 min). I think that was clearly their objective, as it was not uncommon to have 20+ pax on the waiting list for shower. They told me the reason was the other Skyteam airlines does not want to pay the AF arrival lounge for their J pax (except DL) and their elites+ traveling in Y. But maybe AF proposed them on purpose a price/pax that they were sure they would refuse.
Old May 23, 2015, 9:30 pm

Programs: Marriott Silver, Hilton Silver, Hertz #1 Gold, Avis Preferred
Okay, so I'm traveling on AF Y but I want to use the lounge/shower upon arrival. As I understand it, I'll be able to pay 50 euro to do that. How exactly does this work? Upon arrival, does one collect baggage and go through immigration first, and then make your way to the 2C lounge, bags in tow? I'm also planning to use a service to leave my bags at CDG for the day, but I haven't figured out where that is yet. In any event, although this is an arrivals lounge, it is located before security, right?
Old May 24, 2015, 1:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by MFLetou
Okay, so I'm traveling on AF Y but I want to use the lounge/shower upon arrival. As I understand it, I'll be able to pay 50 euro to do that. How exactly does this work? Upon arrival, does one collect baggage and go through immigration first, and then make your way to the 2C lounge, bags in tow? I'm also planning to use a service to leave my bags at CDG for the day, but I haven't figured out where that is yet. In any event, although this is an arrivals lounge, it is located before security, right?
The arrival lounge is landside in 2C, near the junction corridor with 2A. So as it is landside, you pass immigration, collect bags, pass customs and you reach the public zone and walk to 2C (with your luggage).
There is luggage storage place in front of the Sheraton entrance, above the train station. This is half-way between 2E and 2C.
Old Jun 14, 2015, 8:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Arrival lounge access arriving from TLV ?

Sorry if this question has been asked before : does anybody know wether C pax/FBG/FBP can have free access to the arrival lounge in 2C when flying the night flight from TLV (AF1121, TLV 1am - CDG 5am) ? I'm asking because normally the lounge is for long-haul flights, while TLV belongs to the medium-haul division in AF, but knowing this is a red-eye flight, one could clearly expect to have access to this lounge to have shower before heading for work. But I don't see any clear exception to the long-haul flight rule mentioned on AF web site, so I'm fearing the worst . I was wondering if someone around here has some experience to share.
Thank you
Old Jun 24, 2015, 10:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by Goldorak
Sorry if this question has been asked before : does anybody know wether C pax/FBG/FBP can have free access to the arrival lounge in 2C when flying the night flight from TLV (AF1121, TLV 1am - CDG 5am) ? I'm asking because normally the lounge is for long-haul flights, while TLV belongs to the medium-haul division in AF, but knowing this is a red-eye flight, one could clearly expect to have access to this lounge to have shower before heading for work. But I don't see any clear exception to the long-haul flight rule mentioned on AF web site, so I'm fearing the worst . I was wondering if someone around here has some experience to share.
Thank you
So I'm answering my own question here
Lounge access was granted without problem
Old Jul 1, 2015, 2:41 am

Programs: Many
Good to know. Thanks Goldorak!
Old Aug 3, 2015, 11:25 pm

Another "where is the 2F arrival lounge question located" question!
I have searched and do not have a clear picture to the answer. I am looking for exact location of this lounge.

I will arrive on an AF flight from YVR in business class. Will I arrive into 2E or 2F?
Do I go through passport control, pick up luggage and go landside before going to 2F arrival lounge? Or do I stay airside? If I arrive in 2E (halls K, L or M) I assume I will go through passport control between 2E and 2F. And if so then can I stay airside to go to the arrivals lounge in 2F?

Thank you.
Old Aug 4, 2015, 12:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by charlesinseattle
Another "where is the 2F arrival lounge question located" question!
I have searched and do not have a clear picture to the answer. I am looking for exact location of this lounge.

I will arrive on an AF flight from YVR in business class. Will I arrive into 2E or 2F?
Do I go through passport control, pick up luggage and go landside before going to 2F arrival lounge? Or do I stay airside? If I arrive in 2E (halls K, L or M) I assume I will go through passport control between 2E and 2F. And if so then can I stay airside to go to the arrivals lounge in 2F?

Thank you.
The arrival lounge is in 2C, not 2F. It is located landside. You will arrive in 2E from YVR. So you clear immigration, collect bags, clear customs, and then walk to 2C. When arriving landside 2E (where people and pre-ordered taxis are waiting for their relatives/customers), turn left and always go straight ahead until 2C (in the middle of the walk you will pass above the train station). Once you are in 2C, continue straight to the end of the terminal (just before the way to 2A) and the arrival lounge is on your left just after the last check-in counter.
From 2E, it should be a good 10 min walk.
Old Aug 9, 2015, 3:10 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, Air Berlin Gold, IHG Rewards Platinum, Accorclub Silver
Can anyone tell me if I arrive at CDG from a long haul flight flying Economy, can I have access to the arrival lounge as a FB Gold? (without any connecting flight)

Thank you
Old Aug 9, 2015, 4:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by jdeliens
Can anyone tell me if I arrive at CDG from a long haul flight flying Economy, can I have access to the arrival lounge as a FB Gold? (without any connecting flight)
Yes if you scroll up to post 474 you can see that FB Gold is entitled to enter. Unless things have changed of course. Only one way to find out for sure as it seems they can restrict when the lounge is completely full.
Old Oct 22, 2015, 3:09 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Flying Blue, Delta
It's smaller than I thought it would be

Between flights yesterday and facing a 15 hour layover, went to check out this lounge to see what it's all about. I was there for less than ten minutes. It's tiny, consisting of about ten tables and a separate seating area of about five chairs to "relax" in. These are right off the front lobby, so not really relaxing. I didn't really examine the food and bev offerings, but they looked pretty sparse. The only reason to use this lounge, and it is a great reason, would be for the shower facilities and wifi. For those who haven't been able to find it, it's next to checkin counter 10 in Terminal 2C.
Old Oct 22, 2015, 5:20 pm

Originally Posted by walkermom
Between flights yesterday and facing a 15 hour layover, went to check out this lounge to see what it's all about. I was there for less than ten minutes. It's tiny, consisting of about ten tables and a separate seating area of about five chairs to "relax" in. These are right off the front lobby, so not really relaxing. I didn't really examine the food and bev offerings, but they looked pretty sparse. The only reason to use this lounge, and it is a great reason, would be for the shower facilities and wifi. For those who haven't been able to find it, it's next to checkin counter 10 in Terminal 2C.
Yes, it's smaller than I had thought as well. Also, the shower rooms are not well ventilated; they get steamed up and uncomfortably warm and humid after even a quick shower. (But that is also true for the shower rooms in the departure AF lounges in CDG T2C or 2E, or at least the one that I used a couple of months ago.)
Old Oct 29, 2015, 11:56 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Gold, Miles & More, Skywards
Sitting in the lounge right now after a 30 minute trip from the L gates... And WOW this is really a shame for AF! Very small, old furniture, basic food... It is not worth the walk!
Old Oct 30, 2015, 10:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by volerbleu
Sitting in the lounge right now after a 30 minute trip from the L gates... And WOW this is really a shame for AF! Very small, old furniture, basic food... It is not worth the walk!
Sorry for disagreeing but if you are not connecting in CDG and your objective is to have a shower and change clothes after disembarking from a long-haul flight and before going to work, then it definitely worths the walk. And about basic food, it's breakfast type food so exactly what you have to expect in an arrival lounge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.