FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air France Frequence Plus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-frequence-plus-376/)
-   -   CDG 2E : Transit lounge accessible for K-gate departure (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-frequence-plus/1944250-cdg-2e-transit-lounge-accessible-k-gate-departure.html)

albireo Dec 6, 2018 9:27 am

CDG 2E : Transit lounge accessible for K-gate departure

I will be flying CDG-DUB next Monday evenning, but will be at the airport ~6 hours before the flight. The flight departs from the historical (K-gates) E terminal I presume (can anyone confirm ?). There is a very nice transit lounge for everyone in the L-gate satellite. Once I have passed police and security, will I be able to reach that lounge to wait for my flight ?

Goldorak Dec 6, 2018 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by albireo (Post 30505402)
I will be flying CDG-DUB next Monday evenning, but will be at the airport ~6 hours before the flight. The flight departs from the historical (K-gates) E terminal I presume (can anyone confirm ?). There is a very nice transit lounge for everyone in the L-gate satellite. Once I have passed police and security, will I be able to reach that lounge to wait for my flight ?

normally not, but some posters on this forum have been successful, so give it a try. Your punishment could be to go through security twice due to the terminals lay-out.

Andy82 Dec 6, 2018 1:40 pm

Originally Posted by albireo (Post 30505402)

According to AF, there is no problem as long as you stay in 2E, confirmed by dragons multiple times. The problem is ADP. If you try to enter the L gates area with a boarding pass for a K-gate, often times they will bump you - that happened to me every time I tried to connect from 2F.

Wimsta Dec 7, 2018 11:11 am

In the early hours of Sunday I'll arrive at terminal 3 CDG and have a 4 hour 40 minute layover before flying out of terminal 2/E.

I had absolutely no chance to check out the airport last time due to an unexpected transfer to the other airport when the flight changed.

That said my hope is that someone may be able to tell me whether I'll be able to get a shower on the arrival or departure side, what a common wait time might be, and if I need to have a towel.

Thanks in advance.

Oh, and I have access to the AF lounge through DL PM status.

Goldorak Dec 7, 2018 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by Wimsta (Post 30509501)
In the early hours of Sunday I'll arrive at terminal 3 CDG and have a 4 hour 40 minute layover before flying out of terminal 2/E.

I had absolutely no chance to check out the airport last time due to an unexpected transfer to the other airport when the flight changed.

That said my hope is that someone may be able to tell me whether I'll be able to get a shower on the arrival or departure side, what a common wait time might be, and if I need to have a towel.

Thanks in advance.

at what time do you land in T3 ?

Wimsta Dec 7, 2018 9:41 pm

Originally Posted by Goldorak (Post 30509940)
at what time do you land in T3 ?

arrive 5:55am depart 10:40am.

Goldorak Dec 8, 2018 2:15 am

Originally Posted by Wimsta (Post 30509501)

Thanks in advance.

Originally Posted by Wimsta (Post 30511493)
arrive 5:55am depart 10:40am.

You can take a shower in the AF lounge in the 2E concourse (airside) you are departing from. It will be for sure a busy time for showers as a lot of long-haul flights arrive at that time, but it's clearly impossible to predict how long your wait will be. But there's a significant number of showers (it's not like at KL lounge/AMS with their ridiculous 4 showers), so it shouldn't be a problem with your long connection time. And you don't need a towel (provided by AF).
To connect from T3, you will have to walk to the RER/CDGVAL station (about 200m) and take the CDGVAL to T2, then walk to T2E.

Wimsta Dec 8, 2018 2:36 am

Originally Posted by Goldorak (Post 30511913)
You can take a shower in the AF lounge in the 2E concourse (airside) you are departing from. It will be for sure a busy time for showers as a lot of long-haul flights arrive at that time, but it's clearly impossible to predict how long your wait will be. But there's a significant number of showers (it's not like at KL lounge/AMS with their ridiculous 4 showers), so it shouldn't be a problem with your long connection time. And you don't need a towel (provided by AF).
To connect from T3, you will have to walk to the RER/CDGVAL station (about 200m) and take the CDGVAL to T2, then walk to T2E.

Thank you for the information, with limited bandwidth in Nepal I've struggled to find out, the shower should be really nice on this one.

ijgordon Dec 8, 2018 4:04 pm

Originally Posted by Goldorak (Post 30511913)

There are 7 showers in the 2E (K) lounge, not sure I would call that significant, at least not compared to a typical arrivals lounge (which I don’t think OP has access to), but definitely better than 4!. Not sure if L lounge has more. I arrived about this time a few weeks ago from HKG, and by the time I went to go take a shower (I guess I forgot to do it right away), maybe 6:30-7am, there were about 6 people ahead of me and it was a 20-30 minute wait. You have to just stand in line though, they don’t give you a pager like, say, the BA lounges in LHR.

Wimsta Dec 8, 2018 11:38 pm

Originally Posted by ijgordon (Post 30513822)

There are 7 showers in the 2E (K) lounge, not sure I would call that significant, at least not compared to a typical arrivals lounge (which I don’t think OP has access to), but definitely better than 4!. Not sure if L lounge has more. I arrived about this time a few weeks ago from HKG, and by the time I went to go take a shower (I guess I forgot to do it right away), maybe 6:30-7am, there were about 6 people ahead of me and it was a 20-30 minute wait. You have to just stand in line though, they don’t give you a pager like, say, the BA lounges in LHR.

Made it to the lounge at about 6:20am, when straight back, at least two showers were available, and no line.

I actually was able to shower at the lounge in Delhi, I didn't realize there was a different club for international travel, but the AF flight to CDG was so hot I needed another one.

Nice lounge, but I imagine its a bit stuffy on busy days. Seems a calm Sunday morning right now.

flyingrohit Dec 12, 2018 2:02 pm

I have a follow up question. In a little over a week I'll be flying IAD-CDG-FCO in J with a 7-8 hour layover in CDG. Since I am arriving on a non-schengen flight will I be able to use the non-schengen L concourse lounge before transiting to the 2F side where my rome flight leaves from? If I have to cross security twice that is fine, I have plenty of time as you can see. Thanks in advance!