CDG 2E : Transit lounge accessible for K-gate departure

Old Dec 6, 18, 9:27 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Paris
Programs: BA ExClub Blue (ex Silver), Flying Blue Silver (ex Platinum), M&M forever base soldier
Posts: 717
CDG 2E : Transit lounge accessible for K-gate departure

I will be flying CDG-DUB next Monday evenning, but will be at the airport ~6 hours before the flight. The flight departs from the historical (K-gates) E terminal I presume (can anyone confirm ?). There is a very nice transit lounge for everyone in the L-gate satellite. Once I have passed police and security, will I be able to reach that lounge to wait for my flight ?
albireo is offline  
Old Dec 6, 18, 12:44 pm
  #2  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Paris, France
Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, UA Mileage plus, Le Club Accorhotels platinum
Posts: 13,983
Originally Posted by albireo View Post
I will be flying CDG-DUB next Monday evenning, but will be at the airport ~6 hours before the flight. The flight departs from the historical (K-gates) E terminal I presume (can anyone confirm ?). There is a very nice transit lounge for everyone in the L-gate satellite. Once I have passed police and security, will I be able to reach that lounge to wait for my flight ?
normally not, but some posters on this forum have been successful, so give it a try. Your punishment could be to go through security twice due to the terminals lay-out.
Goldorak is offline  
Old Dec 6, 18, 1:40 pm
  #3  
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Switzerland
Programs: AFKL Flying Blue Platinum Ultimate, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Posts: 236
Originally Posted by albireo View Post
I will be flying CDG-DUB next Monday evenning, but will be at the airport ~6 hours before the flight. The flight departs from the historical (K-gates) E terminal I presume (can anyone confirm ?). There is a very nice transit lounge for everyone in the L-gate satellite. Once I have passed police and security, will I be able to reach that lounge to wait for my flight ?
According to AF, there is no problem as long as you stay in 2E, confirmed by dragons multiple times. The problem is ADP. If you try to enter the L gates area with a boarding pass for a K-gate, often times they will bump you - that happened to me every time I tried to connect from 2F.
Andy82 is offline  
Old Dec 7, 18, 11:11 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Programs: SkyMiles 2018 PM, 2019 GM back to PM
Posts: 252
In the early hours of Sunday I'll arrive at terminal 3 CDG and have a 4 hour 40 minute layover before flying out of terminal 2/E.

I had absolutely no chance to check out the airport last time due to an unexpected transfer to the other airport when the flight changed.

That said my hope is that someone may be able to tell me whether I'll be able to get a shower on the arrival or departure side, what a common wait time might be, and if I need to have a towel.

Thanks in advance.

Oh, and I have access to the AF lounge through DL PM status.
Wimsta is offline  
Old Dec 7, 18, 12:45 pm
  #5  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Paris, France
Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, UA Mileage plus, Le Club Accorhotels platinum
Posts: 13,983
Originally Posted by Wimsta View Post
In the early hours of Sunday I'll arrive at terminal 3 CDG and have a 4 hour 40 minute layover before flying out of terminal 2/E.

I had absolutely no chance to check out the airport last time due to an unexpected transfer to the other airport when the flight changed.

That said my hope is that someone may be able to tell me whether I'll be able to get a shower on the arrival or departure side, what a common wait time might be, and if I need to have a towel.

Thanks in advance.

Oh, and I have access to the AF lounge through DL PM status.
at what time do you land in T3 ?
Goldorak is offline  
Old Dec 7, 18, 9:41 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Programs: SkyMiles 2018 PM, 2019 GM back to PM
Posts: 252
Originally Posted by Goldorak View Post
at what time do you land in T3 ?
arrive 5:55am depart 10:40am.
Wimsta is offline  
Old Dec 8, 18, 2:15 am
  #7  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Paris, France
Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, UA Mileage plus, Le Club Accorhotels platinum
Posts: 13,983
Originally Posted by Wimsta View Post
In the early hours of Sunday I'll arrive at terminal 3 CDG and have a 4 hour 40 minute layover before flying out of terminal 2/E.

I had absolutely no chance to check out the airport last time due to an unexpected transfer to the other airport when the flight changed.

That said my hope is that someone may be able to tell me whether I'll be able to get a shower on the arrival or departure side, what a common wait time might be, and if I need to have a towel.

Thanks in advance.

Oh, and I have access to the AF lounge through DL PM status.
Originally Posted by Wimsta View Post
arrive 5:55am depart 10:40am.
You can take a shower in the AF lounge in the 2E concourse (airside) you are departing from. It will be for sure a busy time for showers as a lot of long-haul flights arrive at that time, but it's clearly impossible to predict how long your wait will be. But there's a significant number of showers (it's not like at KL lounge/AMS with their ridiculous 4 showers), so it shouldn't be a problem with your long connection time. And you don't need a towel (provided by AF).
To connect from T3, you will have to walk to the RER/CDGVAL station (about 200m) and take the CDGVAL to T2, then walk to T2E.
Goldorak is offline  
Old Dec 8, 18, 2:36 am
  #8  
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Programs: SkyMiles 2018 PM, 2019 GM back to PM
Posts: 252
Originally Posted by Goldorak View Post
You can take a shower in the AF lounge in the 2E concourse (airside) you are departing from. It will be for sure a busy time for showers as a lot of long-haul flights arrive at that time, but it's clearly impossible to predict how long your wait will be. But there's a significant number of showers (it's not like at KL lounge/AMS with their ridiculous 4 showers), so it shouldn't be a problem with your long connection time. And you don't need a towel (provided by AF).
To connect from T3, you will have to walk to the RER/CDGVAL station (about 200m) and take the CDGVAL to T2, then walk to T2E.
Thank you for the information, with limited bandwidth in Nepal I've struggled to find out, the shower should be really nice on this one.
Wimsta is offline  
Old Dec 8, 18, 4:04 pm
  #9  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: NYC
Posts: 23,250
Originally Posted by Goldorak View Post
You can take a shower in the AF lounge in the 2E concourse (airside) you are departing from. It will be for sure a busy time for showers as a lot of long-haul flights arrive at that time, but it's clearly impossible to predict how long your wait will be. But there's a significant number of showers (it's not like at KL lounge/AMS with their ridiculous 4 showers), so it shouldn't be a problem with your long connection time. And you don't need a towel (provided by AF).
To connect from T3, you will have to walk to the RER/CDGVAL station (about 200m) and take the CDGVAL to T2, then walk to T2E.
There are 7 showers in the 2E (K) lounge, not sure I would call that significant, at least not compared to a typical arrivals lounge (which I donít think OP has access to), but definitely better than 4!. Not sure if L lounge has more. I arrived about this time a few weeks ago from HKG, and by the time I went to go take a shower (I guess I forgot to do it right away), maybe 6:30-7am, there were about 6 people ahead of me and it was a 20-30 minute wait. You have to just stand in line though, they donít give you a pager like, say, the BA lounges in LHR.
ijgordon is offline  
Old Dec 8, 18, 11:38 pm
  #10  
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Programs: SkyMiles 2018 PM, 2019 GM back to PM
Posts: 252
Originally Posted by ijgordon View Post

There are 7 showers in the 2E (K) lounge, not sure I would call that significant, at least not compared to a typical arrivals lounge (which I donít think OP has access to), but definitely better than 4!. Not sure if L lounge has more. I arrived about this time a few weeks ago from HKG, and by the time I went to go take a shower (I guess I forgot to do it right away), maybe 6:30-7am, there were about 6 people ahead of me and it was a 20-30 minute wait. You have to just stand in line though, they donít give you a pager like, say, the BA lounges in LHR.
Made it to the lounge at about 6:20am, when straight back, at least two showers were available, and no line.

I actually was able to shower at the lounge in Delhi, I didn't realize there was a different club for international travel, but the AF flight to CDG was so hot I needed another one.

Nice lounge, but I imagine its a bit stuffy on busy days. Seems a calm Sunday morning right now.
ijgordon likes this.
Wimsta is offline  
Old Dec 12, 18, 2:02 pm
  #11  
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Los Angeles
Programs: United MileagePlus Gold, Alaska MileagePlan MVP, HHonors Silver
Posts: 49
I have a follow up question. In a little over a week I'll be flying IAD-CDG-FCO in J with a 7-8 hour layover in CDG. Since I am arriving on a non-schengen flight will I be able to use the non-schengen L concourse lounge before transiting to the 2F side where my rome flight leaves from? If I have to cross security twice that is fine, I have plenty of time as you can see. Thanks in advance!
flyingrohit is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread