Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air France Never Again: Platinum line sucks

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2018, 4:55 pm
Original Poster

Platinum line not anymore professional

How to transform cool vacations on nightmare !
Vacation flight CDG-JFK in C.
1st leg: My spouse was downgraded few hours before departure in premium eco (while I was still in business). Bad luck she’s hill and requested Saphir assistance.
How it’s gentlemen from AF

Worst : the Return Flight was cancelled less than 24h before departure. Just a text message asking us to contact them.
After more than 30mm waiting on the mobile phone the platinum line employee made nothing, she never try to find us a solution ! She even justified to us the strike saying that the working condition at Air France were terrible and she hang up the phone on us. Unbelievable.

Air France should never put this kind of person on contact to client especially on a (supposed excellent) dedicated line.
AF lose our business.

Last edited by Azureas; Apr 25, 2018 at 1:20 am
Old Apr 24, 2018, 12:23 am
q

Originally Posted by Azureas
... she never try to find us a solution ! She even justified to us the strike saying that the working condition at Air France were terrible !! and she hang up the phone on us !!! Unbelievable !!!!
#1 is indeed hard to believe. #2 I sometimes wonder about. #3 maybe needs to be put in context ?

What did you do after this?
Old Apr 24, 2018, 1:33 am
Original Poster

Try to contact the client service to find a solution and definitevely asking for a compensation.
I will never again fly with Air France. After 10 years of frequent Flyer the attitude of the Platinum line ruined my trust in that company.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 2:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

...I will never again fly with Air France....
So which airline will fly? (Remember KLM & AF are the same company)
Will be hard to find an airline/country that does not have strike.
Is CDG your home airport?

As you are a person with the up-most integrity we are sure you “will never again fly with Air France”

Enjoy your future travels.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 2:55 am

Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum, Hertz PC
"I will never fly X airline again!"

*A few months later*

"Oh! A cheap fare on X! Let's take it!"

More seriously, depending what time you call the Platinum line, the quality of service dramatically changes. I found that the calls on the French number between midnight and 6 am in France tend to have lower skilled agents and be more "grumpy" like you described. It's unfortunate but it's not the standard level of service. Also, if you talked to them in the same tone than your message here, it's not a surprise they won't go lengths to help you.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 3:07 am

Programs: Some...
Originally Posted by Mirk
"I will never fly X airline again!"

*A few months later*

"Oh! A cheap fare on X! Let's take it!"
Couldn't be more true...
hessbo likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 7:46 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
I find it curious that someone flies AF enough to qualify Plat in 9 years in a row, and then it comes to either:
  1. Never had to deal with IRROPS in those 9 years, and finally now the first IRROPS experience brought them to see the truth about AF and to never fly them again (despite apparently being very happy to for 9+ years)
    or
  2. Actually had to deal with IRROPS in those 9 years, and had a good service up until now, yet this single one bad experience brought them to see the truth about AF and to never fly them again (despite this apparently being a fluke, what based on the fact that nothing like this happened in the last 9+ years)
Old Apr 24, 2018, 8:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
It is no fun to plan such a family trip in business and got that experience. IMO some of the posters could be more tolerant and take into account your frustration.
Were you flying on strike days?
When your flight was cancelled in New York, did you call the US number?
Have you now safely returned?

Unfortunately, many longhaul flights were cancelled and it is not easy to rebook all pax when all other flights are full.
The behavior of the phone agent, as you describe it, is unacceptable, But it could be that you got a bit heated and rude with her, as it is hard to believe that "she never tried to find a solution". It could simply be that no solution to your liking was available and that unfortunately happens during such strikes on busy days. It is not her fault.
Amd once you started a discussion about strikes with the agent......
wuzziduzziman, HalconBCN and synd like this.

Last edited by brunos; Apr 24, 2018 at 6:55 pm
Old Apr 24, 2018, 8:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
So which airline will fly? (Remember KLM & AF are the same company)
They're not, actually. They are both ultimately owned by the same holding company - but they are run as separate airlines.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 8:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
I find it curious that someone flies AF enough to qualify Plat in 9 years in a row, and then it comes to either:
  1. Never had to deal with IRROPS in those 9 years, and finally now the first IRROPS experience brought them to see the truth about AF and to never fly them again (despite apparently being very happy to for 9+ years)
    or
  2. Actually had to deal with IRROPS in those 9 years, and had a good service up until now, yet this single one bad experience brought them to see the truth about AF and to never fly them again (despite this apparently being a fluke, what based on the fact that nothing like this happened in the last 9+ years)
I was thinking exactly the same. If someone has at least 9+ years of regular travel on an airline and this is the worst thing to happen in all that time...that's pretty impressive.

I'm wondering if the OP tried to rebook themselves online, which seems to be the best way to deal with strike disruptions...
Old Apr 24, 2018, 11:56 am

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meliá silver.
I will never again fly with Air France. After 10 years of frequent Flyer the attitude of the Platinum line ruined my trust in that company.
Did you have an opportunity to cool off and look back?

ONE rogue employee and you fly off?

Come on. Do you know one company in the world with 100% of their employees 100% perfect 100% of the time?

The Plat line employees are known for their professionalism.

With the experience you have, havent't you learned to hung up and call again in such cases?

AF Plat line is one of their best assets.

Aren't you sorry not to use their services in future if you make good of your vow "NOT TO FLY AF AGAIN" (sorry for the caps, but there are thousands if not millions of posts on the net which start with this macho line).
wuzziduzziman likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 1:56 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Air Europa Silver, IHG Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
    or
Originally Posted by brunos
It is no fun to plan such a family trip in business and got that experience. IMO some of the posters could be more tolerant and take into account your frustration.
Were you flying on strike days?
When your flight was cancelled in New York, did you call the US number?
Have you now safely returned?

Unfortunately, many longhaul flights were cancelled and it is not easy to rebook all pax when all other flights are full.
The behavior of the phone agent, as you describe it, is unacceptable, But it could be that you got a bit heated rude with her, as it is hard to believe that "she never tried to find a solution". It could simply be that no solution to your liking was available and that unfortunately happens during such strikes on busy days. It is not her fault.
Amd once you started a discussion about strikes with the agent......
There are always two sides to every story, and I find it highly unlikely the agent would blurted out support for the strikers unless he/she felt like they needed to get defensive.
The Plat Line agents have to deal with a lot of angst and ire; they are suffering the stresses of this strike more than any of us: they live it every day! No excuse for rudeness of course, but pax should also try and lower their expectations during these unusual times...
Old Apr 25, 2018, 12:30 am
Original Poster

I expect from a dedicated customer service line to be very professional in their job which was not the case. If people who are working here are not able to manage crisis they are not made for this position.
9+ year of FF was not a « long fleuve tranquille » and on my experience the phone line was before at a higher level. I strongly noticed those last months that it’s not anymore the case.
After others bad experiences encountered also with AF I will avoid them. Globally the quality decreases and they are not trustable. Regarding the good fares they are generally not on AF.

Last edited by Azureas; Apr 25, 2018 at 1:30 am
Old Apr 25, 2018, 1:45 am
q

Azureas, I am curious, sorry for insisting. You were polite, despite your frustration, yet she ended up hanging up on you?
Old Apr 25, 2018, 4:41 am

You should really hang in there till you get platinum for life. It would be a shame to miss out as you're so close. Then you can go and fly other airlines and if you go back to AF you'll have status.
You should also complain about the service. You might get a few miles.

I can't believe they hung up however. I work with customer service agents and I know that they are trained never to hang up . They would be in real trouble if they did. They have to stay on the line even if a customer is angry. I've even witnessed someone being sweared at and he didn't hang up. I'd say you can only hang up if you are threatened which I'm sure you didn't do.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.