FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air France Frequence Plus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-frequence-plus-376/)
-   -   Air France Premium Economy Boarding (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-frequence-plus/1900024-air-france-premium-economy-boarding.html)

HenryY Mar 21, 2018 11:04 pm

Air France Premium Economy Boarding

Flying from LAX to PPT on AF 772. I thought that I would get Sky Priority and priority boarding, but my boarding pass does not indicate any priority whatsoever.
Does anybody know what the boarding procedure would be at LAX for Air France? Do I board with regular economy?

rickg523 Mar 21, 2018 11:09 pm

Can't recall if my BP indicated Sky Priority, but when the minder saw the PE, she pointed me to the Priority lane.
Btw, this happened even on the segments where there was no PE and my seat was in Y (BP indicated PE).

Goldorak Mar 22, 2018 12:43 am

PE is eligible to SkyP services. At boarding, for long-haul flights, there are now 2 separate SkyP lanes :
- business / Club2000 /Skipper / FB Ultimates (zone 1)
- PE and Skyteam Elites+

HenryY Mar 22, 2018 9:26 am

I see now, my boarding pass says Zone 2 in very small font, I had not idea what that meant.

Goldorak Mar 22, 2018 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by HenryY (Post 29554488)
I see now, my boarding pass says Zone 2 in very small font, I had not idea what that meant.

now you know ;)

In2ishn Mar 24, 2018 4:54 pm

How was the seat? I’m making that trip later this year

rickg523 Mar 26, 2018 8:10 pm

Originally Posted by In2ishn (Post 29563018)
How was the seat? I’m making that trip later this year

I was on the 772 last year. Very nice in PE. It was TATL westbound, out of CDG, a day flight and I didn't sleep. But the seat was quite comfortable. Service and food were also better than average. Not quite J, but nicer then Y (I think the menu is the basically the same, with some extras thrown in) The PE cabin on my flight was small - three rows of 2-4-2.
On the eastbound, exSFO, overnight, I had the misfortune of flying an AF A380 (upstairs). The seats - not just mine - were either worn to point of significantly reduced cushioning or were inoperative in one way or another (articulated leg rest broken, recline inoperative). Complaints throughout the cabin. I didn't sleep on this flight either :mad:
IFE was noticeably inferior to the 772. Crew was surly at best, catering out of SFO was substandard for AF.
I like AF and in fact I'm repeating that itinerary next month, but I won't fly their A380s.

In2ishn Mar 27, 2018 7:08 am

Originally Posted by rickg523 (Post 29570795)
I was on the 772 last year. Very nice in PE. It was TATL westbound, out of CDG, a day flight and I didn't sleep. But the seat was quite comfortable. Service and food were also better than average. Not quite J, but nicer then Y (I think the menu is the basically the same, with some extras thrown in) The PE cabin on my flight was small - three rows of 2-4-2.
On the eastbound, exSFO, overnight, I had the misfortune of flying an AF A380 (upstairs). The seats - not just mine - were either worn to point of significantly reduced cushioning or were inoperative in one way or another (articulated leg rest broken, recline inoperative). Complaints throughout the cabin. I didn't sleep on this flight either :mad:
IFE was noticeably inferior to the 772. Crew was surly at best, catering out of SFO was substandard for AF.
I like AF and in fact I'm repeating that itinerary next month, but I won't fly their A380s.

Thank you!

Srklaw7 Apr 3, 2018 4:19 pm

several months ago flew AF PE LA to CDG and we were given access to Sky Priority for boarding. There was a separate line from Economy to board. This was on a 388.

Goldorak Apr 4, 2018 12:04 am

Originally Posted by Srklaw7 (Post 29599257)
several months ago flew AF PE LA to CDG and we were given access to Sky Priority for boarding. There was a separate line from Economy to board. This was on a 388.

PE has always been eligible to SkyP. Now when they have 2 SkyP lanes for boarding, Zone 1 is for J and Ultimates (whatever the class of travel); Zone 2 is for W and Elites+.

HenryY Apr 10, 2018 11:41 am

Just came back from LAX-PPT-LAX. PE seat was much much better than Economy, but obviously nowhere near Business. Window pair seats are the better than the middle 4. You can not really stretch out to sleep but overall comfortable ride for 8 hours. Food was atrocious. It was not clear which bathroom to use, there was one ahead in Business, and several behind in Economy. We used either. I think this is fine for LAX-PPT, definitely much better than Air Tahiti Nui or AF Economy.

Goldorak Apr 10, 2018 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by HenryY (Post 29624819)
Just came back from LAX-PPT-LAX. PE seat was much much better than Economy, but obviously nowhere near Business.

For sure !!

It was not clear which bathroom to use, there was one ahead in Business, and several behind in Economy. We used either.

PE pax are supposed to use Y bathroom, not J. But this is rarely enforced by cabin crew.

westsai Sep 27, 2018 11:47 pm

Just came back from LAX-PPT-LAX. PE seat was much much better than Economy, but obviously nowhere near Business. Window pair seats are the better than the middle 4. You can not really stretch out to sleep but overall comfortable ride for 8 hours. Food was atrocious. It was not clear which bathroom to use, there was one ahead in Business, and several behind in Economy. We used either. I think this is fine for LAX-PPT, definitely much better than Air Tahiti Nui or AF Economy.

Was it the new 777-200? Or still the old-config?

Thanks

Villavic Apr 3, 2023 12:30 pm

I'm going to Paris and Napoli in 2 weeks. It's a PE flight from Lima (A350), but since it seems there are no PE seats in the CDG-NAP flight (A320), the ticket says Economy Y for this segment. However it does include 2 (23 kg) baggages like the LIM-CDG segment.
My question is, for the CDG-NAP flight can I check the baggages through the Sky Priority counter at the airport?

mlin32 Apr 4, 2023 2:04 am

Originally Posted by Villavic (Post 35140642)
I'm going to Paris and Napoli in 2 weeks. It's a PE flight from Lima (A350), but since it seems there are no PE seats in the CDG-NAP flight (A320), the ticket says Economy Y for this segment. However it does include 2 (23 kg) baggages like the LIM-CDG segment.
My question is, for the CDG-NAP flight can I check the baggages through the Sky Priority counter at the airport?

Your bags are checked to your final destination NAP, no need to recuperate at CDG.