Air France Premium Economy Boarding

Old Mar 21, 18, 11:04 pm
Original Poster

Air France Premium Economy Boarding

Flying from LAX to PPT on AF 772. I thought that I would get Sky Priority and priority boarding, but my boarding pass does not indicate any priority whatsoever.
Does anybody know what the boarding procedure would be at LAX for Air France? Do I board with regular economy?
Old Mar 21, 18, 11:09 pm

Can't recall if my BP indicated Sky Priority, but when the minder saw the PE, she pointed me to the Priority lane.
Btw, this happened even on the segments where there was no PE and my seat was in Y (BP indicated PE).
Old Mar 22, 18, 12:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
PE is eligible to SkyP services. At boarding, for long-haul flights, there are now 2 separate SkyP lanes :
- business / Club2000 /Skipper / FB Ultimates (zone 1)
- PE and Skyteam Elites+
Old Mar 22, 18, 9:26 am
Original Poster

I see now, my boarding pass says Zone 2 in very small font, I had not idea what that meant.
Old Mar 22, 18, 2:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by HenryY View Post
I see now, my boarding pass says Zone 2 in very small font, I had not idea what that meant.
now you know
Old Mar 24, 18, 4:54 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL MM (thanks PMNW!), DL PM, UA PLT, just about every darn hotel program-generally GOLD type level
How was the seat? I’m making that trip later this year
Old Mar 26, 18, 8:10 pm

Originally Posted by In2ishn View Post
How was the seat? Iím making that trip later this year
I was on the 772 last year. Very nice in PE. It was TATL westbound, out of CDG, a day flight and I didn't sleep. But the seat was quite comfortable. Service and food were also better than average. Not quite J, but nicer then Y (I think the menu is the basically the same, with some extras thrown in) The PE cabin on my flight was small - three rows of 2-4-2.
On the eastbound, exSFO, overnight, I had the misfortune of flying an AF A380 (upstairs). The seats - not just mine - were either worn to point of significantly reduced cushioning or were inoperative in one way or another (articulated leg rest broken, recline inoperative). Complaints throughout the cabin. I didn't sleep on this flight either
IFE was noticeably inferior to the 772. Crew was surly at best, catering out of SFO was substandard for AF.
I like AF and in fact I'm repeating that itinerary next month, but I won't fly their A380s.
In2ishn likes this.
Old Mar 27, 18, 7:08 am
Suspended

Programs: DL MM (thanks PMNW!), DL PM, UA PLT, just about every darn hotel program-generally GOLD type level
Originally Posted by rickg523 View Post
I was on the 772 last year. Very nice in PE. It was TATL westbound, out of CDG, a day flight and I didn't sleep. But the seat was quite comfortable. Service and food were also better than average. Not quite J, but nicer then Y (I think the menu is the basically the same, with some extras thrown in) The PE cabin on my flight was small - three rows of 2-4-2.
On the eastbound, exSFO, overnight, I had the misfortune of flying an AF A380 (upstairs). The seats - not just mine - were either worn to point of significantly reduced cushioning or were inoperative in one way or another (articulated leg rest broken, recline inoperative). Complaints throughout the cabin. I didn't sleep on this flight either
IFE was noticeably inferior to the 772. Crew was surly at best, catering out of SFO was substandard for AF.
I like AF and in fact I'm repeating that itinerary next month, but I won't fly their A380s.
Thank you!
Old Apr 3, 18, 4:19 pm

Programs: AA plat, Hertz, gold , Bonvoy gold,IHGplat
several months ago flew AF PE LA to CDG and we were given access to Sky Priority for boarding. There was a separate line from Economy to board. This was on a 388.
Old Apr 4, 18, 12:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by Srklaw7 View Post
several months ago flew AF PE LA to CDG and we were given access to Sky Priority for boarding. There was a separate line from Economy to board. This was on a 388.
PE has always been eligible to SkyP. Now when they have 2 SkyP lanes for boarding, Zone 1 is for J and Ultimates (whatever the class of travel); Zone 2 is for W and Elites+.
Old Apr 10, 18, 11:41 am
Original Poster

Just came back from LAX-PPT-LAX. PE seat was much much better than Economy, but obviously nowhere near Business. Window pair seats are the better than the middle 4. You can not really stretch out to sleep but overall comfortable ride for 8 hours. Food was atrocious. It was not clear which bathroom to use, there was one ahead in Business, and several behind in Economy. We used either. I think this is fine for LAX-PPT, definitely much better than Air Tahiti Nui or AF Economy.
In2ishn likes this.
Old Apr 10, 18, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Just came back from LAX-PPT-LAX. PE seat was much much better than Economy, but obviously nowhere near Business.
For sure !!

It was not clear which bathroom to use, there was one ahead in Business, and several behind in Economy. We used either.
PE pax are supposed to use Y bathroom, not J. But this is rarely enforced by cabin crew.
Old Sep 27, 18, 11:47 pm

Just came back from LAX-PPT-LAX. PE seat was much much better than Economy, but obviously nowhere near Business. Window pair seats are the better than the middle 4. You can not really stretch out to sleep but overall comfortable ride for 8 hours. Food was atrocious. It was not clear which bathroom to use, there was one ahead in Business, and several behind in Economy. We used either. I think this is fine for LAX-PPT, definitely much better than Air Tahiti Nui or AF Economy.
Was it the new 777-200? Or still the old-config?

Thanks

Search this Thread
Search Engine: