Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can I book a flight between two US cities via Air France

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2018, 7:17 pm
Original Poster

Can I book a flight between two US cities via Air France

I'm actually trying to get from PDX - KUF (Russia), but air france doesn't show any award flights available that start out in PDX. If I enter LAX, then I get plenty of award flight availability. Is it possible to book award flights with air france that have a flight from one US city to another in there? Do I have to call them for this?
Old Aug 15, 2018, 7:29 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
Use Delta.com & Alaskaair.com to check for low level award availability from PDX-LAX on the day you with to travel and if building a connection will meet minimum/apporpirate connection time and then call Flying Blue. If there is no availability then you have to purchase and you will therefore by on two tickets and not have protection so plan accordingly.
Old Aug 15, 2018, 9:49 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
Awards? Yes, but you have to call. Revenue? Absolutely difficult, but possible at the top fare buckets.
Old Aug 16, 2018, 12:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by stormpelt
I'm actually trying to get from PDX - KUF (Russia), but air france doesn't show any award flights available that start out in PDX. If I enter LAX, then I get plenty of award flight availability. Is it possible to book award flights with air france that have a flight from one US city to another in there? Do I have to call them for this?
yes you can in theory, if the route is served by DL nonstop. But DL gives very low award availability to their partners, so do not have too much hope. If you don’t see availability on-line, you can call. No risk, but low chances. If you book a separate revenue ticket on DL, schedule very ample time at your connection point (LAX ?) because DL has a lot of fun changing constantly schedules so you may end up in a difficult situation.
Old Aug 16, 2018, 2:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Yoshi212
Use Delta.com & Alaskaair.com to check for low level award availability from PDX-LAX on the day you with to travel
What is this "low level award availability" you speak of on Delta.com?
Old Aug 16, 2018, 5:13 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
Something that looks out of place and very rare.
Originally Posted by ijgordon
What is this "low level award availability" you speak of on Delta.com?
Old Aug 17, 2018, 9:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Yoshi212
Something that looks out of place and very rare.
Haha, yes, but what I was really driving at was - how do you know if it's "low level" availability? DL doesn't publish a redemption chart. I am kind of interested in how DL makes awards available for partners, although I'd probably never redeem anything other than DL miles (unless maybe there's some arbitrage from Amex MR through, say, VS).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.