FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air France Frequence Plus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-frequence-plus-376/)
-   -   Which Lounge in CDG (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-frequence-plus/1825676-lounge-cdg.html)

cpn1980 Feb 26, 2017 6:35 am

Which Lounge in CDG

Hello,

I will arrive from MIA and will connect from Terminal 2G having 5,5h layover. Which lounge is the best one to use? 2G seems to be pretty dated and small for such a long time. Can I proceed to the lounge in 2M or 2L after arrival and move later over to 2G?

Thanks

NickB Feb 26, 2017 7:01 am

Originally Posted by cpn1980 (Post 27959976)
Hello,

I will arrive from MIA and will connect from Terminal 2G having 5,5h layover. Which lounge is the best one to use? 2G seems to be pretty dated and small for such a long time. Can I proceed to the lounge in 2M or 2L after arrival and move later over to 2G?

Thanks

In CDG, like in many European airports, you can only use the lounges in the terminal you are departing from. You are therefore limited to the less than impressive 2G lounge, I am afraid. The one exception is that you might have access to the arrivals lounge landside in terminal 2C. Not especially great but perfectly serviceable to have a shower and (continental-style) breakfast.

Arriving from MIA, you can use the arrivals lounge if you are ST elite+ or arriving in business.

Goldorak Feb 26, 2017 10:12 am

Keep in mind that the new 2G lounge is opening this week !!! So good bye to the broom cabinet. We won't regret you at all. :p
So to come back to OP's question, I think he will be able to wait in a decent lounge in 2G ^

SDQBound Feb 26, 2017 10:30 am

Originally Posted by NickB (Post 27960047)
Arriving from MIA, you can use the arrivals lounge if you are ST elite+ or arriving in business.

Actually only FB Gold and Platinums have access. No access for other Elite+ passengers even if Delta list the arrivals lounge as one of the lounges available for their Elite+ passengers.

orbitmic Feb 26, 2017 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by SDQBound (Post 27960810)
Actually only FB Gold and Platinums have access. No access for other Elite+ passengers even if Delta list the arrivals lounge as one of the lounges available for their Elite+ passengers.

Indeed, I think we had a recent thread on that (I never realised before).

Look forward to reports on the new 2G lounge! Whoever inveted those 'patio lounges' was a nasty piece of work if you ask me! ;)

NickB Feb 26, 2017 8:39 pm

Originally Posted by SDQBound (Post 27960810)

Thanks for correcting my mistake on this point.

Pulley Jun 16, 2017 5:15 am

Arriving from JFK in F and then J to Naples all on AF. Which lounge can I visit during my layover?

Thanks

joyu12 Jun 16, 2017 9:37 am

Originally Posted by Pulley (Post 28449651)
Arriving from JFK in F and then J to Naples all on AF. Which lounge can I visit during my layover?

Thanks

As you are flying F on your long-haul leg, you will be picked up on arrival at the gate and driven to the La Premiere lounge ;)