Community
Wiki Posts
Search

La Premiere seat selection

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2014, 2:28 pm
Original Poster

La Premiere seat selection

Apologies in advance from a first time poster in this forum for what is likely an obvious question to the regulars.

I am a very infrequent AF customer, but for reasons of lack of availability with my usual carrier and a remarkably good price, I find myself with a return trip to the far east from CDG in First with AF in the 777.

I am travelling alone and prefer a window seat, which I have on the outbound leg. On the inbound however, 1A, 1L and 2L are all taken, and I find myself in 1E.

What's puzzling me is that 2A, E and F are all blanked out to me on the AF website. What's the reason for this? Are these seats reserved for status passengers? Is there anything I can do to bag 2A?
Old Oct 7, 2014, 2:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Friederich
What's puzzling me is that 2A, E and F are all blanked out to me on the AF website. What's the reason for this? Are these seats reserved for status passengers? Is there anything I can do to bag 2A?
I have exactly the same problem as you for a coming trip and had to select 1E for the time being. I suppose you are talking of a B77W with 8P seats ? I suspect (but I'm not 100% sure) that it is due that sometimes this P8 capacity is marketed only at P5 (as P is rarely full and it allows them to have one less FA, but it is still a strange practice to me). But again I'm not 100% sure that it is the explanation for not being able to pre-select those seats.
Another explanation is if the route you'll fly is code-shared with another airline with a blocked-seat agreement.
I'm afraid you won't be able to select 2A before check-in. Also, if my explanation is good, it means that this seat will remain free and so you will be able to move on-board.
Enjoy AF P and try to have a lot of time in the excellent P lounge in CDG
Old Oct 7, 2014, 3:12 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the reply. Yes this in the 77W 8P cabin.

My outbound also shows the same three seats blanked out, but I'm happy as I have a window seat bagged.

Flightstats still shows AF selling 3 seats in F, so it's still a mystery to me why these specific seats would be blocked. I can understand under selling the cabin, but not restricting seat choice to those who've bought seats???

I'll keep checking on the offchance they become available.
Old Dec 16, 2014, 12:27 pm

Programs: AA Million Miler, Mosaic, Delta Platinum
Is 2A in some way preferable to 2L on this aircraft?
Old Dec 16, 2014, 1:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Yahtzee
Is 2A in some way preferable to 2L on this aircraft?
no

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.