FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air France Frequence Plus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-frequence-plus-376/)
-   -   CDG DO 2012 - powered by Air France & ADP - LIVE DO REPORT (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-frequence-plus/1339886-cdg-do-2012-powered-air-france-adp-live-do-report.html)

Gajan Apr 30, 2012 4:19 am

Originally Posted by hugolover (Post 18484415)
With regards to the prizes do the winners need to do anything or are we waiting for AF to get in touch to arrange an appointment?

I thought we had to contact Christian giving a number of dates of our preference.

Ad Christian, does it have to be a weekday or is a weekend also possible?

Gajan

chrissxb Apr 30, 2012 5:35 am

to all winners

dear winners,

please get in touch with me for the prize you won, I will then coordinate everything with you and AF :)

three basic rules:
  • within next year
  • not in july/august
  • on a weekday

I will publish this week a list with all winner and the prize they got :)

nicolas75 Apr 30, 2012 6:31 am

Originally Posted by chrissxb (Post 18484595)

Remember, I won a world tour in P for two. :D:D

TrojanTraveler Apr 30, 2012 7:50 am

I'd like to add my (belated) thanks to Chrissxb, JOUY31, Orbitmic and the people from AF and ADP. This event surpassed my expectations, and I was particularly impressed that the AF folks seemed to be genuinely interested in our feedback/suggestions. Seeing many aspects of AF, including the Hub control center, and seeing how it all comes together on the apron, was impressive. Of course I couldn't stop looking out the window at what was occurring on the apron yesterday for my flight to JFK...knowing more about what goes into a flight, it is fascinating. Looking forward to my next trip to CDG this Wednesday.

DLroads Apr 30, 2012 8:43 am

Thank you for posting all the nice pictures in the thread,

Originally Posted by chrissxb (Post 18482657)
real or fake? ;)

As real as you want to believe it :D

Originally Posted by chrissxb (Post 18484595)
three basic rules:
  • within next year
  • not in july/august
  • on a weekday

Dear winners- if you can't attend a simulator session, I will gladly help you solve the problem and attend myself :P
(same applies for a day in the control center...always wanted to hold a flight for myself)

It was great meeting y'all at the AF DO. ^ Thank you, and the dedicated AF staff who attended (Warning: when I showed some pictures to the flight crew on the way back, they've recognized not only some staff but also some flyertalkers... so be aware, they KNOW WHO YOU ARE)

olivedel Apr 30, 2012 9:29 am

Originally Posted by nicolas75 (Post 18484780)
Remember, I won a world tour in P for two. :D:D

Do you want a Servair Thermos instead ? :D

chrissxb Apr 30, 2012 9:34 am

Originally Posted by DLroads (Post 18485311)
so be aware, they KNOW WHO YOU ARE)

didn't you see the picture gallery with some of our pictures at AF HQ? don't feed these people, please treat them badly, make them misconnect and forget the mileage credit. ;) it's written WANTED on some of them, but that's another story :D

JOUY31 Apr 30, 2012 9:42 am

In addition to what has been mentioned already:
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]

chrissxb Apr 30, 2012 9:49 am

Originally Posted by chrissxb (Post 18484114)
it's just for the moment, I work with AF on a rule, I just ask for a little patience. thanks :)

we have the official ok - so you can now publish your airside photos ... the other rule: no single persons or single staff members remains.

and AF marketing and press division will be even more happy if you photoshop the light grey, dirty airplanes and make them spotless white. ;)

stimpy Apr 30, 2012 10:08 am

Originally Posted by JOUY31 (Post 18485639)
[*]the airside hotel will open late in 2013; it will be located on the upper level of S3, which was originally scheduled to be used as Schengen gates

Wow, I didn't hear that. Any other details?

FTP Apr 30, 2012 10:23 am

Originally Posted by JOUY31 (Post 18485639)
  • the future arrivals lounge will have 50 (five-zero) showers

Great. Do you know where it will be located? :)

stimpy Apr 30, 2012 10:24 am

Originally Posted by FTP (Post 18485902)
Great. Do you know where it will be located? :)

Somewhere in 2E, but not for 2 or 3 more years. Far too long to worry about it.

FTP Apr 30, 2012 10:35 am

Originally Posted by stimpy (Post 18485912)
...but not for 2 or 3 more years.

What do you mean?
The current one is located Terminal 2C which AF expect to leave in July 2012.
I can't imagine that a new arrival lounge will not be ready for this date :confused:

TrojanTraveler Apr 30, 2012 10:41 am

Originally Posted by FTP (Post 18485989)
What do you mean?
The current one is located Terminal 2C which AF expect to leave in July 2012.
I can't imagine that a new arrival lounge will not be ready for this date :confused:

It is AF's intention to keep the arrivals lounge open in 2C until they can build a replacement.

stimpy Apr 30, 2012 11:41 am

Originally Posted by TrojanTraveler (Post 18486024)
It is AF's intention to keep the arrivals lounge open in 2C until they can build a replacement.

Yes, AF realizes this is far from optimal, but they apparently cannot change that state of affairs for some years.