FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air France Frequence Plus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-frequence-plus-376/)
-   -   CDG DO 2012 - powered by Air France & ADP - LIVE DO REPORT (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-frequence-plus/1339886-cdg-do-2012-powered-air-france-adp-live-do-report.html)

GuillaumeD May 11, 2012 9:02 am

Air France listens to its customers

KQ321 May 14, 2012 1:18 pm

Flying Blue

Some additional snippets of information from our session with Flying Blue, which I don't think have been mentioned elsewhere yet...

Contact
They recognise that Flying Blue has been hard to reach in the past. So, as an initial step they will soon be extending the opening hours of all the FB contact centres. (I forget the exact times/days - maybe someone else can remember?)

As there are FB contact centres around the globe (Ivry-Sur-Seine, Kitchener, Sydney, Guangzhou, etc), we discussed whether out-of-hours phone-calls in one country could be re-routed to another centre that was still open. It seems this isn't possible yet (for technical, language and perhaps other reasons). However, it is always possible to do this yourself - just look at the list of contact centres, and find one which is open at the right time... Incidentally, the contact centre in Nairobi is already open 24/7, and has a proper email address, which is generally answered promptly...

Retro-Claims
They also acknowledged frustrations around difficult retro-claims. Retro-claims for AF/KL-operated flights can already be processed online (as FB have direct access to the relevant reservations computer) but all other retro-claims have to be sent to the relevant partner to confirm the travel/purchase/etc (as FB can't access this information directly).

However, they are about to introduce an online submission system for retro-claims, so you will be able to scan the relevant documentation, and submit online (or via email?), to save having to print/photo-copy and post all the paperwork.

Interestingly, FB in Europe cannot directly process retro-claims for KQ, but the FB contact centre in Nairobi can (as it has direct access to the KQ reservations computer) - so retro-claims for KQ-operated flights may be best handled over email with the Nairobi contact centre.

Henry III Jun 1, 2012 4:57 am

The Miles are Here!

Appeared on my FB account today:

27-04-2012 FT MEETING BONUS 4000

:)^

-- Henry

hugolover Jun 1, 2012 5:14 am

Has anyone tried to organise their prize yet? Did you get the dates you wanted?

Gajan Jun 1, 2012 5:17 am

Originally Posted by Henry III (Post 18678429)

-- Henry

Same here :)

Originally Posted by hugolover (Post 18678463)

I have not e-mailed Chris - thank you for the reminder :)

ixs Jun 1, 2012 6:54 am

Originally Posted by hugolover (Post 18678463)

I got the miles prize and according to Chris they should appear in my account...

Got the 4k today (thanks AF) but no 50k yet.

oenophilist Jun 1, 2012 12:59 pm

No 4k yet for me :(

KQ321 Jun 1, 2012 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by oenophilist (Post 18681034)
No 4k yet for me :(

Mine are there (thanks FB and chrissxb!) - but they're dated 27th April (not unreasonably), so I had to scroll down past all my subsequent flights, in order to see them.

stimpy Jun 1, 2012 1:28 pm

Originally Posted by KQ321 (Post 18681182)
Mine are there (thanks FB and chrissxb!) - but they're dated 27th April (not unreasonably), so I had to scroll down past all my subsequent flights, in order to see them.

Yes, the new site appears defaults to one month for me, so I had to select the entire year to see the Flyertalk miles.

JOUY31 Jun 1, 2012 1:56 pm

-- Henry

Same here :). Merci, Air France!

Goldorak Jun 3, 2012 12:55 pm

-- Henry

Me too :)
Thank you Air France ^

oenophilist Jun 4, 2012 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by stimpy (Post 18681195)
Yes, the new site appears defaults to one month for me, so I had to select the entire year to see the Flyertalk miles.

Tried that but nothing. :( Perhaps I was too critical during the FB session.

stimpy Jun 5, 2012 11:37 pm

Originally Posted by stimpy (Post 18467382)
I forgot to say that May 20th or thereabouts there is going to be a big announcement from the head of AF marketing. I think FB related. Maybe someone else here knows more than me because I had a bit of wine before he mentioned this. ;)

Well the prediction was true, if not the date. I had mentioned to the AF Marketing chief that the fuel surcharges on short haul economy awards were ridiculous and he said that he was going to make an announcement about improvements there. He didn't say anything about raising the price for business class, but we were only discussing economy.

chrissxb Jun 19, 2012 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by chrissxb (Post 18497960)
Journée “vis ma vie” avec un Chef d’Escale de Permanence. (spend a day with a Station manager)
goldorak
jenbel
hugolover

flightsimulator
gajan
Christian-SN
Henry III

Air France Maintenance
dollelleth
Nicolas75
bankops

spend a day at the CCHUB

gplates

50 000 Flying Blue miles
ixs

all attendees will get 4000miles on their account as a thank you for participating in this DO.

All winners need to contact me for the date (valid until May 1st 2013, not in July/August) You need to fly to CDG on your own dime or use miles.

friendly reminder. :)
noone contacted me so far ... didn't you like, what you won?

stimpy Jun 19, 2012 4:06 pm

If anyone doesn't want to, or cannot, do their event, I'll take it!