FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   Please list your AP Taxes and SURCHARGES on AP reward tickets (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/926708-please-list-your-ap-taxes-surcharges-ap-reward-tickets.html)

hearna Feb 18, 2014 4:55 pm

If your going to whine about a connection; or transiting thru the states; then you cannot whine about YQ; it has been around for a while; we know how to get around it.

On my upcoming trip the agent kept trying to force me thru europe on AC; I told them to fly a kite and to manually input YYZ-JFK-CAI; they where very grumpy about it; but my only other connection was ZRH and the times simply did not work;

On the return I had 2 choices fly SYD-AKL-PVG-ZRH-YUL-YYZ but I am originating in YEG; so I would need to spend 2 days getting back (lost salary) and a separate ticket to YEG; or just swallow the 500YQ SYD-YYZ connecting in YVR and YEG and just skip the last segment.

I had a choice; took what was convenient for me and did not whine about it.

1Newflyer Feb 18, 2014 7:06 pm

Originally Posted by hearna (Post 22373370)
If your going to whine about a connection; or transiting thru the states; then you cannot whine about YQ; it has been around for a while; we know how to get around it.

On my upcoming trip the agent kept trying to force me thru europe on AC; I told them to fly a kite and to manually input YYZ-JFK-CAI; they where very grumpy about it; but my only other connection was ZRH and the times simply did not work;

On the return I had 2 choices fly SYD-AKL-PVG-ZRH-YUL-YYZ but I am originating in YEG; so I would need to spend 2 days getting back (lost salary) and a separate ticket to YEG; or just swallow the 500YQ SYD-YYZ connecting in YVR and YEG and just skip the last segment.

I had a choice; took what was convenient for me and did not whine about it.

Did you post your itinerary before on this or other threads. I would be interested in seeing it.

Ichinensei Feb 19, 2014 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by splicer100 (Post 22371033)
Booked a Market Fare reward.
YOW-YYZ-MIA.
MIA-YYZ-YOW.
32,500 miles + 114.74 taxes and fees. (dDiamond status)
The ticket is worth around $550 for tango so I am somewhat happy with the value. I had to get the person on the same flight I am on for convenience.

are you going to a cruise as well? :D

splicer100 Feb 19, 2014 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by Ichinensei (Post 22379147)
are you going to a cruise as well? :D

lol, no, going down to Key West. Not a fan of ships/boats.

canadiancow Feb 19, 2014 3:57 pm

Code:

U.S. Passenger Safety Fee                                $2.50
Canada Domestic/International Air Travel Security Charge $11.50
Canada Harmonized Sales Tax                              $1.00
Canada Domestic/International Airport Improvement Fee    $7.20
U.S. International Transportation Tax                    $35.00
U.S Agriculture Fee                                      $5.00
U.S Passenger Facility Charge                            $4.50
U.S.A Immigration User Fee                                $7.00
U.S. Customs User Fee                                    $5.50
Fuel Surcharge                                          $48.80
Nav Canada - Air Navigation Services                    $13.60
Total per passenger                                    $141.60
Total passengers                                              1
                                                        $141.60

Total airport taxes, fees and surcharges (USD)          $141.60

SFO-YVR-YUL-YYZ-YGK
YGK-YYZ-SFO

Plus the $30 booking fee. And the rep didn't think my outbound routing was valid :p

Do they only show the "PRIORITY" badge on the first flight in each direction, or does it just so happen that my SFO-YVR and YGK-YYZ were the only flights that required IKK? The flight was booked yesterday, and it's for this weekend.

rankourabu Feb 19, 2014 4:13 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow (Post 22379857)
SFO-YVR-YUL-YYZ-YGK

Why would you do this convoluted routing if you have IKK

canadiancow Feb 19, 2014 4:17 pm

Originally Posted by rankourabu (Post 22379958)
Why would you do this convoluted routing if you have IKK

Because I need to leave after work on Friday and not get there incredibly late on Saturday. And the SFO-YYZ red-eye had no IKK availability :(

Edit: There's availability now :p Yay free SE change!

rankourabu Feb 19, 2014 4:44 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow (Post 22379984)
Yay free SE change!

Amazing how little makes AC elites happy.... $34 booking fee, $100 in extra scamcharge/tax than required... and ONE change ... isnt that just a bit insulting to people who loyally fly 100k+ miles with one airline???

canadiancow Feb 19, 2014 4:46 pm

Originally Posted by rankourabu (Post 22380141)
Amazing how little makes AC elites happy.... $34 booking fee, $100 in extra scamcharge/tax than required... and ONE change ... isnt that just a bit insulting to people who loyally fly 100k+ miles with one airline???

I guess, but it's still a free change. So that's done now, and the route is much less insane :)

Due to currency fluctuations, I had to provide my credit card for another 50 cents :rolleyes:.

We both got a good laugh out of that. I guess CAD is gaining a bit against the USD? :p

Edit: This change kicked me out of my seat assignments on the unchanged return flights. Luckily, I noticed, and got them back, but I had been bumped from 12A to 15B on a 320. If I hadn't noticed, I would have been pretty ticked.

colinary Feb 25, 2014 7:41 pm

March 8th BKK-HKT
March 13th HKT-BKK
Thailand Domestic Passenger Service $6.80

Yup thats it, $6.80 cents....

Enjoying the last of the K class gravy getting to BKK next week.

hearna Feb 25, 2014 7:50 pm

Originally Posted by 1Newflyer (Post 22373975)
Did you post your itinerary before on this or other threads. I would be interested in seeing it.

I did; not very exicting;

YYZ-JFK-CAI(22h)-DXB(5d)-PEK(2d)-SYD(11d)-YVR-YEG-YYZ; total taxes where $780? per person, YQ was 500 dead.

There was no other good way to get a long connection in at CAI and then get to dxb; the LX flights just didnt match up;

I was looking at the ASIA_EUROPE_NA on the return, but they would not allow YUL-YEG-YYZ even tho it was below MPM;

1Newflyer Feb 25, 2014 8:27 pm

Originally Posted by 076753k (Post 22417538)
March 8th BKK-HKT
March 13th HKT-BKK
Thailand Domestic Passenger Service $6.80

Yup thats it, $6.80 cents....

Enjoying the last of the K class gravy getting to BKK next week.

Any worries of the situation in BKK?

colinary Feb 26, 2014 8:21 pm

Originally Posted by 1Newflyer (Post 22417731)
Any worries of the situation in BKK?

I was in BKK in a few weeks ago for the weekend before heading to Brunei. I saw one road closure, that was it. I land late at night, and am taking off the next morning for Phuket, so not to worried at all.

CT1 Feb 27, 2014 11:15 am

YYC-OGG and back, holiday season 2014 in J (x3 pax)

191.54 taxes and fees + 80k pts.

northspitfire Feb 27, 2014 12:52 pm

EWR-SFO-NRT-PEK-LXA-KTM-IST-LHR-EWR

J class

$206 per person