FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   Air Canada was so amazing! (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/640581-air-canada-so-amazing.html)

Tor Viking Dec 28, 2006 8:08 am

Air Canada was so amazing!

I was travelling to Canada for Christmas and was hit by the fog at Heathow and here is my little story:
My flight from SVG to LHR was delayed about 3 hours. When I finally got to LHR I walked rather fast into the SAS lounge. As I knew I had missed the YYZ flight I was hoping for help. Indeed I did. The man sitting on behalf of Air Canada was so helpful. Everything was full the day after so the only thing he could do for me was to put me on standby for the Montreal flight.
I told him I had my runners on so I was prepared for a sprint. He had a good laugh and said that I had to run fast because I was on it. I had 10 minutes.
After my sprint I got on and then we were stuck here another 55 minutes due to the fog. Oh well.....I sure burned a few calories on that run.:rolleyes:

The flight to YUL was really nice. The meal was excellent and the pleasant flight attendant gave me two ice creams.
Even though there was an attendant that wasn`t in a good mood and the sound system was bad it didn`t annoy me at all. Give some take some. I was just happy to be on my way to Canada.

Well I got to YUL all delayed and everything. I knew my luggage wasn`t coming so I just went through customs and straight to the transit check-in person. I told him about my fog problems and I was going to Vancouver. He was just amazing. Very polite and put me on standby for the next YVR flight. Good thing I had my runners on me! As I got to the gate they called my name and told me I got on. I just couldn`t believe it. I was No.15 on standby and made it.
So with all this happening I came to YVR 2.5 hours later than planned. Not bad.

So all I can say is thank you Air Canada for saving my Christmas once again. An amazing airline that helped me all the way. ^
Oh...my bags came 1.5 days later but that didn`t matter. I could shop for $470 in clothing from the insurance company. Woohoo.:p

djjaguar64 Dec 28, 2006 8:16 am

That's Lovely !!^

YVR72 Dec 28, 2006 8:32 am

Ice cream makes everything better! :p

Seriously, with more Air Canada employees like these coupled with the XM'ed aircraft, we'd have the best airline on the planet.

StarAlliance2005 Dec 28, 2006 10:55 am

Nice story ! well i also believe air canada will become a world class airline (compare to sq,ba etc) once they get their xm done and i strongly believe ac should thank their younger employees who are keeping the good spirit and proving better service cuz obviously some or many senior agents just waiiting to get out of there, yes there are exceptions.

djjaguar64 Dec 28, 2006 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by StarAlliance2005 (Post 6913259)
Nice story ! well i also believe air canada will become a world class airline (compare to sq,ba etc) once they get their xm done and i strongly believe ac should thank their younger employees who are keeping the good spirit and proving better service cuz obviously some or many senior agents just waiiting to get out of there, yes there are exceptions.

LOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Doc Fraud Dec 28, 2006 2:38 pm

Great story and good on you for posting it. There are many more stories like yours than ever make it to the threads on FT^

DF

Crampedin13A Dec 28, 2006 4:45 pm

It really is amazing how much goodwill those type of efforts by employees can generate from a pax. In the late '80's I never flew AC on the transatlantic routes but in 2 instances I was switched over by BA and LH respectively to AC because of their screw ups and had the AC staff I dealt with really go the extra mile to get me home on time and the flights were both great. It had the effect of me switching my loyalty to AC almost exclusively for the next 15 years(they only finally lost it last year). The OP might like to let AC's HQ know about these particular staff members efforts. AC needs a lot more of them.^

yyznomad Dec 28, 2006 5:47 pm

Originally Posted by Tor Viking (Post 6912466)
I was travelling to Canada for Christmas and was hit by the fog at Heathow and here is my little story:
My flight from SVG to LHR was delayed about 3 hours. When I finally got to LHR I walked rather fast into the SAS lounge. As I knew I had missed the YYZ flight I was hoping for help. Indeed I did. The man sitting on behalf of Air Canada was so helpful. Everything was full the day after so the only thing he could do for me was to put me on standby for the Montreal flight.
I told him I had my runners on so I was prepared for a sprint. He had a good laugh and said that I had to run fast because I was on it. I had 10 minutes.
After my sprint I got on and then we were stuck here another 55 minutes due to the fog. Oh well.....I sure burned a few calories on that run.:rolleyes:

The flight to YUL was really nice. The meal was excellent and the pleasant flight attendant gave me two ice creams.
Even though there was an attendant that wasn`t in a good mood and the sound system was bad it didn`t annoy me at all. Give some take some. I was just happy to be on my way to Canada.

Well I got to YUL all delayed and everything. I knew my luggage wasn`t coming so I just went through customs and straight to the transit check-in person. I told him about my fog problems and I was going to Vancouver. He was just amazing. Very polite and put me on standby for the next YVR flight. Good thing I had my runners on me! As I got to the gate they called my name and told me I got on. I just couldn`t believe it. I was No.15 on standby and made it.

So all I can say is thank you Air Canada for saving my Christmas once again. An amazing airline that helped me all the way. ^
Oh...my bags came 1.5 days later but that didn`t matter. I could shop for $470 in clothing from the insurance company. Woohoo.:p

Thanks for the reminder.. I think many of us here needed it :)

We're kind of jaded at times.

PreferBulkhead Dec 28, 2006 6:09 pm

Originally Posted by yyznomad (Post 6915237)
Thanks for the reminder.. I think many of us here needed it :)

We're kind of jaded at times.

gee ya think? :rolleyes:;):eek:

Tor Viking Dec 29, 2006 8:24 am

Let me add a little more.

I`m glad that you like to listen about happy stories of AC, so let me add a little more:
My return trip impressed me too.^
As I got on the A320 from YVR to YYZ I was leaning against the back of the seat to let someone in before me. After a while I couldn`t understand why my backside became so warm so I had to investigate. What the ----?! Individual screens.....huh...this is cool. I was in some kind of pleasure overload because this was awesome.:D I mean like it`s a little widescreen tv and the picture quality is so sharp. The sound was top stuff too. I ended up watching Monster House and listening to the music.
Anyways.....we finally got to YYZ and waiting for my connection to LHR. It was the 767, but for some reason I like it better than the A330/340. Well to my suprise that aircraft too had the individual screens and brand new seats. Pleasure overload again!!
The seats were so comfy, great films, terrific cabin crew....(again), yummy meals and pleasant passengers around me.

I have had plenty of people being negative of Air Canada, but I can definately prove them wrong with the things I have encountered.

Well......AC, we shall meet again very soon.:)

Clipper801 Dec 29, 2006 9:46 am

Originally Posted by Tor Viking (Post 6912466)

Curious whether you're travelling in business or economy?

As *G level member, you are entitled to priority airport standby. Even if you're no. 15 in the waitlist queue but the 14 persons ahead of you have no or lower status e.g. *S, you will have priority over them.

Tor Viking Dec 29, 2006 10:06 am

Originally Posted by Clipper801 (Post 6918123)
Curious whether you're travelling in business or economy?

As *G level member, you are entitled to priority airport standby. Even if you're no. 15 in the waitlist queue but the 14 persons ahead of you have no or lower status e.g. *S, you will have priority over them.

I travelled in Economy.
Like you say I am an SAS*gold. I kind of thought that this would help me out, but not this good. :)

Sebring Dec 29, 2006 10:13 am

Originally Posted by Tor Viking (Post 6917662)
I`m glad that you like to listen about happy stories of AC, so let me add a little more:
My return trip impressed me too.^
As I got on the A320 from YVR to YYZ I was leaning against the back of the seat to let someone in before me. After a while I couldn`t understand why my backside became so warm so I had to investigate. What the ----?! Individual screens.....huh...this is cool. I was in some kind of pleasure overload because this was awesome.:D I mean like it`s a little widescreen tv and the picture quality is so sharp. The sound was top stuff too. I ended up watching Monster House and listening to the music.
Anyways.....we finally got to YYZ and waiting for my connection to LHR. It was the 767, but for some reason I like it better than the A330/340. Well to my suprise that aircraft too had the individual screens and brand new seats. Pleasure overload again!!
The seats were so comfy, great films, terrific cabin crew....(again), yummy meals and pleasant passengers around me.

I have had plenty of people being negative of Air Canada, but I can definately prove them wrong with the things I have encountered.

Well......AC, we shall meet again very soon.:)

You got an XM 320 and then an XM 767? You've got to come to the race track with me. Daddy needs a new roof.

djjaguar64 Dec 29, 2006 10:48 am

This post is like the AMAZING Race, goin on and on and on, just like the OP performed his Amazing Sprint.

cur Dec 31, 2006 2:34 am

Funny how any non-Canadian loves AC (especially the Americans, with our hot YUL FA's on jr routes, the IFE, the meals in first, etc), yet Canadians love to hate our flag carrier.