FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   Air Canada was so amazing! (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/640581-air-canada-so-amazing.html)

yyznomad Dec 31, 2006 11:38 am

Originally Posted by StarAlliance2005 (Post 6913259)
Nice story ! well i also believe air canada will become a world class airline (compare to sq,ba etc) once they get their xm done and i strongly believe ac should thank their younger employees who are keeping the good spirit and proving better service cuz obviously some or many senior agents just waiiting to get out of there, yes there are exceptions.

As I had the pure luck of experience a refurb today, I have to say that IMHO it was amazing. On my MR to LHR I was on an old 763 and a few hours later I'm on a refurbed 763... night and day. People complain of the fare restructuring and the rising european pricing (i.e. no more B/H with SWU - only on Latitude fares) but I can certainly see why. The product is now truly YGWYPF.

yyznomad Dec 31, 2006 11:41 am

Originally Posted by Tor Viking (Post 6917662)
I`m glad that you like to listen about happy stories of AC, so let me add a little more:
My return trip impressed me too.^
As I got on the A320 from YVR to YYZ I was leaning against the back of the seat to let someone in before me. After a while I couldn`t understand why my backside became so warm so I had to investigate. What the ----?! Individual screens.....huh...this is cool. I was in some kind of pleasure overload because this was awesome.:D I mean like it`s a little widescreen tv and the picture quality is so sharp. The sound was top stuff too. I ended up watching Monster House and listening to the music.
Anyways.....we finally got to YYZ and waiting for my connection to LHR. It was the 767, but for some reason I like it better than the A330/340. Well to my suprise that aircraft too had the individual screens and brand new seats. Pleasure overload again!!
The seats were so comfy, great films, terrific cabin crew....(again), yummy meals and pleasant passengers around me.

I have had plenty of people being negative of Air Canada, but I can definately prove them wrong with the things I have encountered.

Well......AC, we shall meet again very soon.:)

People here will start calling you an apologist ;) ^

yyznomad Dec 31, 2006 11:42 am

Originally Posted by Sebring (Post 6918265)
You got an XM 320 and then an XM 767? You've got to come to the race track with me. Daddy needs a new roof.

My thoughts exactly :D

YVR72 Jan 2, 2007 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by cur (Post 6926150)
Funny how any non-Canadian loves AC (especially the Americans, with our hot YUL FA's on jr routes, the IFE, the meals in first, etc), yet Canadians love to hate our flag carrier.

So true. A bad day on AC is a good day on most U.S. carriers.

Snoopyo Jan 2, 2007 3:29 pm

It is great to hear that Tor Viking had a great experience with AC. The refurbished flights are very nice but I have only been on them for short hops so far and he was fortunate enough to get 2 long hauls.

I had some great IC and cabin crews and ground staff and some very poor ones but overall, the average is acceptable in the last 2 years with the low point being 2003/2004 during CCRA where service did hit rock bottom for me. A client paid for a AC/NZ flight after I swear not to voluntarily pay for AC flight again and someone did go a bit out of there way to help me so I end up giving AC another try / chance and ended up giving AC more business. With the aircraft being upgraded and better customer service on the ground and crews in flight, AC can be a top notch airline. Hopefully things would be more consistent / good in the future.