Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OLCI - no longer traveling?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2015, 11:28 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
OLCI - no longer traveling?

I've never seen this before.

What's this "no longer traveling" business about?

Old Dec 14, 2015, 11:37 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Titanium & LTP, NEXUS
I noticed this on Saturday when I attempted to check-in again for a flight (to see if a LMU was available). The option was "I am no longer travelling, please cancel my check-in." I haven't seen this before.
Old Dec 14, 2015, 11:42 am

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
It's just because of the change in the UI you see it there now.

In the past you would just have to go do the check-in for a flight you're already checked in for and you'd see the cancel check-in at the bottom.

So same thing that has always been there but it's easier to see (and you see it on the first pass now) with the new UI.
Old Dec 14, 2015, 11:47 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Sean Peever
It's just because of the change in the UI you see it there now.

In the past you would just have to go do the check-in for a flight you're already checked in for and you'd see the cancel check-in at the bottom.

So same thing that has always been there but it's easier to see (and you see it on the first pass now) with the new UI.
Ah, so this replaces the "Cancel Check In" verbiage.

I find this new verbiage confusing. When I first read it, I was like, wait, what? Why am I no longer traveling?

IMO, it should only be displayed if a passenger has checked in already. Clearly I have not, but anyway, it confused me.
Old Dec 14, 2015, 12:00 pm

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
Ah, so this replaces the "Cancel Check In" verbiage.

I find this new verbiage confusing. When I first read it, I was like, wait, what? Why am I no longer traveling?

IMO, it should only be displayed if a passenger has checked in already. Clearly I have not, but anyway, it confused me.
The old system was a far better UI / UX.

The new one really frustrates me that every time I select a seat it takes me back to the page to the top and I have to scroll down (on my iPhone 6 plus) again to select my next seat, then it takes me to the top of the page again, and I need to scroll down to select my seat again, then it takes me to the top of the page again and I have to scroll all the way down to select me seat again (for my 4th segment if you're keeping track) then it takes me all the way back to the top of the page again and I need to scroll all the way down to the bottom to continue.
Old Dec 14, 2015, 12:05 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Sean Peever
The old system was a far better UI / UX.

The new one really frustrates me that every time I select a seat it takes me back to the page to the top and I have to scroll down (on my iPhone 6 plus) again to select my next seat, then it takes me to the top of the page again, and I need to scroll down to select my seat again, then it takes me to the top of the page again and I have to scroll all the way down to select me seat again (for my 4th segment if you're keeping track) then it takes me all the way back to the top of the page again and I need to scroll all the way down to the bottom to continue.
The thing that pisses me off the most is the change from a few months ago and has carried onwards with the new UI is the inclusion of the step whereby it asks you how AC should contact you in the event of an IRROP.

1) It's a stupid step, that info is already included when one books a reservation
2) AC never contacts you anyways for an IRROP, until at least you're at the gate

What a waste of a step.
Old Dec 14, 2015, 12:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I had checked a bag, and it looked the same as the screenshot above. No way to cancel my check-in. Not that I'd expect there to be one.
Old Dec 14, 2015, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
I've never seen this before.

What's this "no longer traveling" business about?

Yeah I noticed this garbage a week ago but never bother to post about it since there are million pieces of garbage to post about on ac.com.
Old Feb 7, 2017, 3:42 pm

What happens if you activate that "no longer travelling" and cancel the check-in? Can you check in again for the same flight later? Or does it cancel your reservation?
Old Feb 7, 2017, 3:50 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Bonvoy LTE
Originally Posted by sokolov
What happens if you activate that "no longer travelling" and cancel the check-in? Can you check in again for the same flight later? Or does it cancel your reservation?
You can check-in again. I've done it before when eUpgrades were finicky... I'd be on the waitlist before check-in, but at check-in, there was open R space and I wasn't upgraded. Had to cancel check-in, re-do the eupgrade request, and then check in again.
Old Feb 16, 2017, 9:21 am

Thank you for the swift feedback.

Yes, I was able to cancel my check-in and still travel. But the travel agent's system (Expedia) thought that the rest of my itinerary had been cancelled. They sent me a notice to that effect and never updated my itinerary on their website, although two further flights were added by Air Canada under the same ticket and resource locator, and flown by me.

That was confusing, but didn't prevent me from travelling.

The reason for my question was that I had checked in, but then Air Canada issued a weather warning and offered a free change to another day. I wanted to take advantage of that, but the rebooking system said I was ineligible - maybe because I had checked in already. However, after I cancelled my check-in, the system still said I was ineligible.

I had to go through Air Canada's call centre to facilitate my free change to a flight for the next day. That was easy, but the wait was substantial. Lots of people calling for weather induced flight changes, I suppose.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.