Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Has Anyone Received Visa Aerogold Cheques Lately?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2004, 9:43 am
Original Poster

Just wondering if anyone has received the VISA Aerogold cheque promotion lately?

I used to receive them every few months or so but have not received them in quite some time.

It's true that most of my spending has been switched to the AMEX Aeroplan Platinum card, but I was wondering what the story is.

I had read a while ago that if I reduced my credit limit, that eventually I would receive a letter saying "Congrats, we have increased your limit and here are some aerogold cheques to say thank you." And so I reduced my limit several months ago, but alas no cheques
Old Jul 26, 2004, 9:59 am

Programs: AC Prestige "lite"
I've received 2 batches of them in the last 4 months. One batch coincided with an increase in my credit limit while the second batch came for no apparent reason whatsoever with my last bill...
Old Jul 26, 2004, 10:07 am

Programs: AC*E, PC-Plat
Originally Posted by ackitty
I've received 2 batches of them in the last 4 months. One batch coincided with an increase in my credit limit while the second batch came for no apparent reason whatsoever with my last bill...
Have never received any of them
Old Jul 26, 2004, 11:36 am
Original Poster

Requested OR Automatic?

Originally Posted by ackitty
Was the increase in your credit limit because you had requested one? Or was it automatic?
Old Jul 26, 2004, 11:43 am

Programs: NZ Elite, AC SE100K, Westjet Teal, Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite, Nexus, Global Entry
I received some last month and filed them in my cross cut shredder.
Old Jul 26, 2004, 12:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by taupo
I received some last month and filed them in my cross cut shredder.
Why did you choose to do that?
Old Jul 26, 2004, 2:17 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, AC SE100K, Westjet Teal, Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite, Nexus, Global Entry
Originally Posted by WindBeneathMyWings
Why did you choose to do that?
You pay interest as you would with a cash advance.
Old Jul 26, 2004, 2:30 pm

Programs: AC E75, SPG Plat, HH peon-by-choice (ex Gold)
Just wondering if anyone has received the VISA Aerogold cheque promotion lately?

I used to receive them every few months or so but have not received them in quite some time.

It's true that most of my spending has been switched to the AMEX Aeroplan Platinum card, but I was wondering what the story is.

I had read a while ago that if I reduced my credit limit, that eventually I would receive a letter saying "Congrats, we have increased your limit and here are some aerogold cheques to say thank you." And so I reduced my limit several months ago, but alas no cheques
Are you talking about the regular VISA cheques or the one that earns Aeroplan miles?

If you want the regular ones, just go to your neighbourhood CIBC and take a cash advance. Same thing.

Of course, I'm assuming you're talking about the AP miles ones...
Old Jul 26, 2004, 2:37 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Braindrain
Are you talking about the regular VISA cheques or the one that earns Aeroplan miles?

If you want the regular ones, just go to your neighbourhood CIBC and take a cash advance. Same thing.

Of course, I'm assuming you're talking about the AP miles ones...
Yes, I am referring to the AEROPLAN Cheques, the ones that earn miles. They don't tend to issue them on demand, but when they give them out, they are a sweet deal!
Old Jul 26, 2004, 2:39 pm

with the aerogold cheques that earn miles, I simply write the cheque to myself, deposit it in my chequing account and then immediately transfer the money back to my my card. No interest and free miles. I probably earned 25,000 miles this way in the past 12 months
Old Jul 26, 2004, 2:41 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by taupo
You pay interest as you would with a cash advance.
For the AEROPLAN ones you earn miles.

They can only charge interest if your account is outstanding.

BUT if you pay down the amount that you are intending to issue the cheques for, in addition to your current outstanding balance IN ADVANCE of writing the cheques, then there won't be any interest charged on your account.

If you receive AEROGOLD cheques which yield Aeroplan miles and do not intend to use them..... just let one of us know... I am sure that we would gladly take them off your hands....
Old Jul 26, 2004, 6:01 pm

Programs: AC Prestige "lite"
Was the increase in your credit limit because you had requested one? Or was it automatic?

Automatic. I charge a lot due to conference/travel expenses and always pay off my balance every month.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.